Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Chinese Carry out, Thurso

Default Chinese Carry out, Thurso

Which is the best place for a Chinese carry out in Thurso? Where would be recommended and why?

88 cos its the best
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Thumbs up

Charlie Chan`s restaurant do reasonable priced, huge portions for carry out. Plus if you have particular likes or dislikes they will cook to your tastes. We buy two meals and share it between three and there is usually enough for a tasty bite for lunch the next day. Excellent value for money.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

88 is good unlike charlie chans rice is included and can add chips instead of rice or 20p
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

charlie chan's is my choice
    it's a sair fecht

Default Forget Chinese go for Indian.

Chinese food in Caithness is not that great. The Chinese restaurant next to the Camps in Wick used to be good until it was bought over a few months back.

Indian food is great though especially the one at the bottom of Princes St in Thurso or on Bridge St in Wick.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Default chinese takeaway Thurso

Some excellent news for us at CASTLETOWN or there abouts as the original CHEF from RAYMONDS next to camps at WICK is taking over the CHINESE TAKEAWAY at CASTLETOWN next week ....Can't wait for good food again ROLL ON OPENING....JL

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Some excellent news for us at CASTLETOWN or there abouts as the original CHEF from RAYMONDS next to camps at WICK is taking over the CHINESE TAKEAWAY at CASTLETOWN next week ....Can't wait for good food again ROLL ON OPENING....JL
    If thats the bloke that took over from the original owner next to the camps. I thought the food was not great and he does not do a great vegetarian selection unlike the chef before raymond.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

This is the '' original BLOKE '' Raymond is his name and he does cook great Chinese food even though he lives and cooks in CAITHNESS.

If we are having chinese - it is 88 in princess street.
    Have tried the Castletown & the owner before last wasn't too bad but the last owners food was rank. So will try the again with the new owners but if not will always return to the 88.