Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: electric or gas?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile electric or gas?

I'm in the process of buying my council house and want to change the heating system,but I can't decide which would be best,total electric or town gas?
    Seems to me the way prices are going it's much and such the same.What do all you orgers think?

Quote Originally Posted by whitechina View Post
    I'm in the process of buying my council house and want to change the heating system,but I can't decide which would be best,total electric or town gas?
    Seems to me the way prices are going it's much and such the same.What do all you orgers think?
    Don't know about prices, but you can decide when you want to use the gas. Somebody else decides when you get the electricity, and it is not when you need it, it is there for later when you might not need it.

Go for gas. It will be cheaper to run.
    Last edited by George Brims; 09-Jul-08 at 19:09. Reason: typos

Yes,I agree gas is probably the better of the two. Do not know if any of those price comparison sites might help you make up your mind ?

I have total heating with total control and it costs me around about £30 a week,the worst thing about it is when there are powercuts in the winter....the house is freezing in no time and no way to heat it! x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Default Electric or gas

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I have total heating with total control and it costs me around about £30 a week,the worst thing about it is when there are powercuts in the winter....the house is freezing in no time and no way to heat it! x
    It you get a power cut you are probably worse off with gas as the gas central heating needs electricity to run as for storage heaters would have some warmth as they hold the some heat for quite some time depending on their setting

Default electric or gas

Quote Originally Posted by whitechina View Post
    go for both gas central. electric back up

Smile town gas

Quote Originally Posted by bobandag16 View Post
    go for both gas central. electric back up
    i agree go for both towns gas is cheaper and your electric wont be that much and if you go with one company you should get a duel fuel discount