Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Calling All Homebakers

Default Calling All Homebakers

I have recently finished treatment for cancer and would like to fundraise for Macmillan Cancer Support as a thank you for their valued and dedicated treatment I received. Please will you help me. I am organising a CHARITY BAKE - CAKE & CANDY FOR CANCER on 17th July - 18th July 2008

CALLING ALL HOMEBAKERS

Please help me raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support

Will you bake for just 1 hour and allow the items to be sold at
    THE BIGGEST HOME BAKING STALL IN CAITHNESS
    at
    Caithness Agricultural Show, Scrabster Farm, Thurso

Please PM me if you are willing to help me or contact my mum, Sheila on 01847821374 to register your support. Thank you. Your help is very much appreciated.
    Baking can be collected or delivered to Langwell, Sibmister Road, Murkle, By Thurso

I'm not much of a baker but I can do non-cook, one pot stuff with maltesers and mashmallows and crunchies and stuff if you think it will sell....

Quote Originally Posted by attidude9464 View Post
    I have recently finished treatment for cancer and would like to fundraise for Macmillan Cancer Support as a thank you for their valued and dedicated treatment I received. Please will you help me. I am organising a CHARITY BAKE - CAKE & CANDY FOR CANCER on 17th July - 18th July 2008

CALLING ALL HOMEBAKERS

Please help me raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support

Will you bake for just 1 hour and allow the items to be sold at
    THE BIGGEST HOME BAKING STALL IN CAITHNESS
    at
    Caithness Agricultural Show, Scrabster Farm, Thurso

Please PM me if you are willing to help me or contact my mum, Sheila on 01847821374 to register your support. Thank you. Your help is very much appreciated.
    Baking can be collected or delivered to Langwell, Sibmister Road, Murkle, By Thurso
    I'd like to contribute something too. Why don't you organise somewhere in Wick where people could leave baking, say the night before the Show, and then you could arrange to collect it. Good Luck in raising money and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Good idea, I will look after it, leave it at my house the night before

fraid not, temptation would be to much,

Default Homebaking

Thank you sweetpea and venture for your kindness. I will try to arrange a drop off point in Wick and will get back to you. Thanks again its much appreciated and its for a great cause.

Default Homebaking

Hi Everyone

Thank you to those people who have kindly offered to bake for me. For the people from Wick that are baking, the baking can be delivered to Riversdale Bed and Breakfast, George Street, Wick by 12noon on Friday 18th July 2008 and I will arrange to have it picked up from there. Many Thanks

in a square thing made of bricks. Oh, it's called a house! lol

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm not much of a baker but I can do non-cook, one pot stuff with maltesers and mashmallows and crunchies and stuff if you think it will sell....

mmmmmmmmm yummmmm. Sweetpea.....could u send me the recipes? Pleeeeeeeese? Sounds scrumptious! And one I would use for the next school fete/gala/fun day down here.

good luck with the sale, and happy baking to all involved; just don't eat too much before the collection of end product! Awww, I can see lots of wee kids (and big ones lol) licking the bowl clean; I loved doing that as a nipper! Brings back a lot of memories. I might be converted into making puddings & cakes now! (I'm quite a good cook, just haven't made many cakes until now )

Default Homebaking

I know there are great bakers out there. Would you consider baking to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. Thanks again to those who have already offered their help.
    Cheers

Thumbs up

Glad you are finished your treatment. Can't manage to bake for you but will give you a donation instead.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Smile Baking

Would be delighted to bake a few things...I have just spoken to Sheila and have arranged to drop cakes off @ Sibmister on Thurs afternoon. Good luck.
    If you even dream of beating me, you better wake up and apologize!
    Muhammad Ali.

Default Homebaking

Thank you Liz and Frey for your generosity. Hopefully I will raise a good amount for Macmillan Cancer Support. I could never repay the cost of my treatment but would like to raise as much as possible. Thanks again

You are very welcome and it is good of you to want to help them.

Will I pop the donation into the B&B in Wick for you to collect?

Default Homebaking

Hi Liz

Yes that would be great if you could. Thanks again

Smile

Okay no problem.

Good luck!