Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on cosmetic surgery

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would you have cosmetic surgery

14 53.85%
  • Are you against cosmetic surgery

8 30.77%
  • Have no thoughts on the matter

4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cosmetic Surgery would you?

Beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder..I would never consider it as i will and want to grow old gracefuly and naturally..My oh loves the way i look and to me thats what matters..He loves me for me not for who i could be..he met me and married me, that tells me enough.
    I see no reason why people should have it done, but again as in life each to there own..

in a square thing made of bricks. Oh, it's called a house! lol

Hmmm, think I may have had some without realising lol. I had the most terrible bunions when I was a child, and had surgery to remove them when I was 17; not because they looked ugly (they did, but feet are ugly anyway lol) but because I was in such pain regardless of the style of shoe I wore. Many celebs would get that surgery done for purely vanity reasons. Sadly one has grown back, and is becoming painful yet again, so maybe have to go under the knife again.

I would get real cosmetic surgery done - lipo and a tummy tuck, again not just for vanity reasons. Like millions of other women, I have a jelly belly following 3 pregnancies. I hate the way the rippled skin looks like sand dunes. But, most importantly, is how this interferes with my clothing sizes. I can currently wear a size 12 jeans, (was a 14, so must have lost a wee bit weight at last!). The trouble is, I often still have to wear a belt, as though the jeans fit okay everywhere else, they are still too big at the waist, and when bending down, I flash of my 'workman's butt'! I'm too big to wear a size 10, so can't do that. But, as I have quite a large bust size, I look very odd - bigboobs, slender high waist, blancmange area, quite normal hips. I know I have whats termed an hour glass figure, which I am proud of, but I really would like to be able to wear jeans and trousers without fear of them flashing a bit to mush behind! So yes, I would get cosmetic surgery, if I had enough money, but I wouldn't save up for surgery and go without a holiday, treats for the kids etc. I would do it if I had enough mney that a few thousand spent on surgery wouldn't make too much of a dent in my finances.

My wee sister had her nose done and her boobs done, but only minor alterations, so it's not 'in-your-face-obvious', and hers was done totally for vanity. She's happy though and it has helped her confidence, which is also what I would hope for if I ever did have surgery. Having Jordanesque boob jobs is pointless, Wacko jacko etc facelifts are pointless. To enhance what you have, or correct blemishes (accidental scarring or whatever0, what's the problem? If you can afford it, have it. If you can't afford it or aren't brave enough, don't do it. If you can get it free on the NHS for health reasons, even better! Unless it was extreme, I wouldn't knock anyone for having it done. Why should all the celebs etc get the chance (even if they abuse it - look at above pictures for examples!) to make themselves look nicer and feel better about themselves and us 'mere mortals' not have the choice? Oh good, it's lottery night tonight - plastic surgeon, here I come!

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

I've gotten through life OK with the face I have, so I think I'll just stick with it. Besides which, if I had one thing fixed, then I'd probably want another thing fixed afterwards, then another, and so on. And just look where that got Michael Jackson!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Sporran View Post
    I've gotten through life OK with the face I have, so I think I'll just stick with it. Besides which, if I had one thing fixed, then I'd probably want another thing fixed afterwards, then another, and so on.
    I feel the same, Sporran. If I had pots of money I might be tempted to have a few things lifted a bit but I don't really fancy surgery if I'm not obliged to have it. Like you, I rather think one thing might well lead to another!

I'd end up with a different face and body and then I wouldn't be 'me' any more....

I'm not against it in principle -just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie View Post
    I believe nature should be left to do its thing. Anyone remember Charlie's Angels babe Farrah Fawcett in her heyday?

The woman had plastic surgery and this is how she looks now:-

Yum Yum eh?

Thanks scorrie, thanks a-bloody-lot. Spoiled one of my memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy@watten View Post
    if it was going to be pain free and it would add a few inches to my hieght but alas this is not possible
    Kathy I think it is possible. I seem to remember something on telly about legs being lengthened in China. Shouldn't think it was pain-free though.

Would I do it? Nah. Can't answer the poll though. A cheaper option to surgery is to just think you're gorgeous. That's usually half the battle. Oh, and not spending too long in front of a mirror.

[quote=Kathy@watten;405384] would have something done if it was going to be pain free and it would add a few inches to my hieght but alas this is not possible so will remain "normal" as made /quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Tilter View Post
    Kathy I think it is possible. I seem to remember something on telly about legs being lengthened in China. Shouldn't think it was pain-free though.

Would I do it? Nah. Can't answer the poll though. A cheaper option to surgery is to just think you're gorgeous. That's usually half the battle. Oh, and not spending too long in front of a mirror.
    Bring back the rack! Oh sorry is that another thread altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Bring back the rack!
    Is that a Pro Breast Enhancement cry?

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Thanks scorrie, thanks a-bloody-lot. Spoiled one of my memories.
    Get a few drams doon ye and have another look Joxville. Maybe some magic will still be there!!

Quote Originally Posted by justine View Post
    Beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder..I would never consider it as i will and want to grow old gracefuly and naturally..My oh loves the way i look and to me thats what matters..He loves me for me not for who i could be..he met me and married me, that tells me enough.
    I see no reason why people should have it done, but again as in life each to there own..
    That sums up exactly how I feel.

We live in a world where women are TOLD what they should look like. Wrinkles, cellulite and sagging are a pariah and size zero is the goal for some. A face stretched like a condom and a couple of water bags for breasts are considered attractive. I would ask WHO a person undergoing surgery is actually doing it for? Beauty is only skin deep after all.

Wink Cosmetic Surgery

Oh yes please, I'd be nipped, tucked and very pert then, don't need liposuction any more but would do lots of things that gravity is dragging down

Who is offering to pay, I would show them the results!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12