Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on cosmetic surgery

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would you have cosmetic surgery

14 53.85%
  • Are you against cosmetic surgery

8 30.77%
  • Have no thoughts on the matter

4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Cosmetic Surgery would you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cosmetic Surgery would you?

Would you have or support/encourage a partner to go under the knife for cosmetic reasons. If yes, why and what areas would the surgeons knife go to work?
    If no, why?
    Last edited by teenybash; 08-Jul-08 at 21:58.

If I had the money I probably would if my face got particularly wrinkly when I am older, none of that plastic botox, pumped-up-lips look tho!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Hmmmmm teenybash I cannot vote as there is no option for I would not have surgery. I am not against it if that is what floats yer boat but it is not for me. If I had an accident or hideous deformity I might change my mind but I will just do as I am thanks!

Me too, wifie...........my life is writ large on my face.....and I'm not ashamed of it.

Talking plastic surgery

Hi all, thought about the topic and came to the conclusion that although I was not against the idea of surgery my dilema would be to decide what I deemed most important to "fix" and would that accentuate some other minor defect that would then in turn require fixing.....can see how one wee procedure becomes a lifes work and some quite scary results...see above post yikes! would have something done if it was going to be pain free and it would add a few inches to my hieght but alas this is not possible so will remain "normal" as made and we will just have to get on with it....can always buy some snazzy products to make myself feel gorgeous instead! and heels are great too!!

Depends. If it's just to enhance what nature gave me then yes, but if it's to support an addiction then no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy@watten View Post
    if it was going to be pain free and it would add a few inches to my hieght but alas this is not possible
    Kathy I think it is possible. I seem to remember something on telly about legs being lengthened in China. Shouldn't think it was pain-free though.

Would I do it? Nah. Can't answer the poll though. A cheaper option to surgery is to just think you're gorgeous. That's usually half the battle. Oh, and not spending too long in front of a mirror.

Dont do it !! .. Its a slippery slope. "The Bride of Wildenstein" .. Yuk.

If life gives you lemons squeeze the juice into a water pistol and shoot people in the eyes with it.

If I could I would certainly have a wee nip and tuck here and there....like a wee tidy up. I wouldn't go down the silicone or the lip plumping bit as it all seems to go a bit bull doggish...no offence to bull dogs, it's just the human form ain't so good to look at.

bigger boobs

What's really surprising is that the celebs can afford the best surgeons in the world but many of them look ghastly after surgery. Farah Fawcett and Priscilla Presley would probably have aged beautifully but now they look kinda freakish and let's not forget Michael Jackson. The Wildenstein woman was quite attractive before she started all the surgeries.

Since it is so common anymore, the possibilty of getting an infection needs to be factored in to any decision to have surgery, particularly elective/cosmetic surgery. At one time, I would have said yes without hesitation, but the infection thing plus seeing all the surgeries that have gone wrong would make it a tough decision for me now.
    Last edited by Margaret M.; 09-Jul-08 at 14:58. Reason: To answer the question.

I cannot vote Teenybash as I dont oppose it I just would choose never to have it
    My Motto is make the best of what Mother Nature gave you and live as best you can with it Beauty is only skin deep its whats in the inside that matters
    Growing old is something we cannot do anything about gracefully or with help of lotions and potions
    And why have surgery when it is only for cosmetic reasons
    I do admire the work the surgeons do on people who require surgery results of fire or any accident etc
    Its nice to be nice

Beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder..I would never consider it as i will and want to grow old gracefuly and naturally..My oh loves the way i look and to me thats what matters..He loves me for me not for who i could be..he met me and married me, that tells me enough.
    I see no reason why people should have it done, but again as in life each to there own..

Quote Originally Posted by justine View Post
    Beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder..I would never consider it as i will and want to grow old gracefuly and naturally..My oh loves the way i look and to me thats what matters..He loves me for me not for who i could be..he met me and married me, that tells me enough.
    I see no reason why people should have it done, but again as in life each to there own..
    That sums up exactly how I feel.

We live in a world where women are TOLD what they should look like. Wrinkles, cellulite and sagging are a pariah and size zero is the goal for some. A face stretched like a condom and a couple of water bags for breasts are considered attractive. I would ask WHO a person undergoing surgery is actually doing it for? Beauty is only skin deep after all.

in a square thing made of bricks. Oh, it's called a house! lol

Hmmm, think I may have had some without realising lol. I had the most terrible bunions when I was a child, and had surgery to remove them when I was 17; not because they looked ugly (they did, but feet are ugly anyway lol) but because I was in such pain regardless of the style of shoe I wore. Many celebs would get that surgery done for purely vanity reasons. Sadly one has grown back, and is becoming painful yet again, so maybe have to go under the knife again.

I would get real cosmetic surgery done - lipo and a tummy tuck, again not just for vanity reasons. Like millions of other women, I have a jelly belly following 3 pregnancies. I hate the way the rippled skin looks like sand dunes. But, most importantly, is how this interferes with my clothing sizes. I can currently wear a size 12 jeans, (was a 14, so must have lost a wee bit weight at last!). The trouble is, I often still have to wear a belt, as though the jeans fit okay everywhere else, they are still too big at the waist, and when bending down, I flash of my 'workman's butt'! I'm too big to wear a size 10, so can't do that. But, as I have quite a large bust size, I look very odd - bigboobs, slender high waist, blancmange area, quite normal hips. I know I have whats termed an hour glass figure, which I am proud of, but I really would like to be able to wear jeans and trousers without fear of them flashing a bit to mush behind! So yes, I would get cosmetic surgery, if I had enough money, but I wouldn't save up for surgery and go without a holiday, treats for the kids etc. I would do it if I had enough mney that a few thousand spent on surgery wouldn't make too much of a dent in my finances.

My wee sister had her nose done and her boobs done, but only minor alterations, so it's not 'in-your-face-obvious', and hers was done totally for vanity. She's happy though and it has helped her confidence, which is also what I would hope for if I ever did have surgery. Having Jordanesque boob jobs is pointless, Wacko jacko etc facelifts are pointless. To enhance what you have, or correct blemishes (accidental scarring or whatever0, what's the problem? If you can afford it, have it. If you can't afford it or aren't brave enough, don't do it. If you can get it free on the NHS for health reasons, even better! Unless it was extreme, I wouldn't knock anyone for having it done. Why should all the celebs etc get the chance (even if they abuse it - look at above pictures for examples!) to make themselves look nicer and feel better about themselves and us 'mere mortals' not have the choice? Oh good, it's lottery night tonight - plastic surgeon, here I come!

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

I've gotten through life OK with the face I have, so I think I'll just stick with it. Besides which, if I had one thing fixed, then I'd probably want another thing fixed afterwards, then another, and so on. And just look where that got Michael Jackson!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Sporran View Post
    I've gotten through life OK with the face I have, so I think I'll just stick with it. Besides which, if I had one thing fixed, then I'd probably want another thing fixed afterwards, then another, and so on.
    I feel the same, Sporran. If I had pots of money I might be tempted to have a few things lifted a bit but I don't really fancy surgery if I'm not obliged to have it. Like you, I rather think one thing might well lead to another!

I'd end up with a different face and body and then I wouldn't be 'me' any more....

I'm not against it in principle -just not for me.