Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on cosmetic surgery

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would you have cosmetic surgery

14 53.85%
  • Are you against cosmetic surgery

8 30.77%
  • Have no thoughts on the matter

4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cosmetic Surgery would you?

Default Cosmetic Surgery would you?

Would you have or support/encourage a partner to go under the knife for cosmetic reasons. If yes, why and what areas would the surgeons knife go to work?
    If no, why?
    Last edited by teenybash; 08-Jul-08 at 21:58.

If I had the money I probably would if my face got particularly wrinkly when I am older, none of that plastic botox, pumped-up-lips look tho!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Hmmmmm teenybash I cannot vote as there is no option for I would not have surgery. I am not against it if that is what floats yer boat but it is not for me. If I had an accident or hideous deformity I might change my mind but I will just do as I am thanks!

Dont do it !! .. Its a slippery slope. "The Bride of Wildenstein" .. Yuk.

If life gives you lemons squeeze the juice into a water pistol and shoot people in the eyes with it.

If I could I would certainly have a wee nip and tuck here and there....like a wee tidy up. I wouldn't go down the silicone or the lip plumping bit as it all seems to go a bit bull doggish...no offence to bull dogs, it's just the human form ain't so good to look at.

Me too, wifie...........my life is writ large on my face.....and I'm not ashamed of it.

Talking plastic surgery

Hi all, thought about the topic and came to the conclusion that although I was not against the idea of surgery my dilema would be to decide what I deemed most important to "fix" and would that accentuate some other minor defect that would then in turn require fixing.....can see how one wee procedure becomes a lifes work and some quite scary results...see above post yikes! would have something done if it was going to be pain free and it would add a few inches to my hieght but alas this is not possible so will remain "normal" as made and we will just have to get on with it....can always buy some snazzy products to make myself feel gorgeous instead! and heels are great too!!

Depends. If it's just to enhance what nature gave me then yes, but if it's to support an addiction then no.

Default Step away with that knife

I can not believe how many people feel they need to go down that road out of vanity.
    And when you see just how ridiculous some of these so called stars look when they have had it done makes it even more laughable.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I'd touch myself up if I had the money but would never go the Bride Of Wildenstein route. Mind you I'm so gorgeous it would be hard to improve on perfection

I'm so perfect to the point of being embarrassed for being so.

I'd have cosmetic surgery if I looked like Mrs Wilderstein.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Sheesh,I would have the lot done if I could afford it.....not for vanity,but because I need all the help I can get x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

I am not against it but i wouldnt do it myself because i could think of better things to spend my hard earned cash on, like a trip round the world!
    same same but different

If I had the money I may consider it.

I have watched that program about looking ten years younger and I think I look OK for my age after watching that. One woman was about my age and looked about 15 or 20 years more. She had ill-fitting dentures which made her whole face appear saggy. (Thank god I have my own teeth).

The only thing I might consider would be lipo suction round my tummy and thighs but that could be resolved by ditching the digestive biscuits I love & doing a bit more exercise.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

I believe nature should be left to do its thing. Anyone remember Charlie's Angels babe Farrah Fawcett in her heyday?

The woman had plastic surgery and this is how she looks now:-

Yum Yum eh?

Hey yer damn right I would. Don't care what anyone thinks, or how lazy I was. I'd get it all sooked oot and heughed up if I could afford it.
    Dunno about my face though.......probably eye lift and face peel or something. Wouldna get lip fillers or that. Each to their own I say
    He who laughs last - 'Probably didn't get it!'

bigger boobs

What's really surprising is that the celebs can afford the best surgeons in the world but many of them look ghastly after surgery. Farah Fawcett and Priscilla Presley would probably have aged beautifully but now they look kinda freakish and let's not forget Michael Jackson. The Wildenstein woman was quite attractive before she started all the surgeries.

Since it is so common anymore, the possibilty of getting an infection needs to be factored in to any decision to have surgery, particularly elective/cosmetic surgery. At one time, I would have said yes without hesitation, but the infection thing plus seeing all the surgeries that have gone wrong would make it a tough decision for me now.
    Last edited by Margaret M.; 09-Jul-08 at 14:58. Reason: To answer the question.

I cannot vote Teenybash as I dont oppose it I just would choose never to have it
    My Motto is make the best of what Mother Nature gave you and live as best you can with it Beauty is only skin deep its whats in the inside that matters
    Growing old is something we cannot do anything about gracefully or with help of lotions and potions
    And why have surgery when it is only for cosmetic reasons
    I do admire the work the surgeons do on people who require surgery results of fire or any accident etc
    Its nice to be nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast