Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Large Ship passing tonight

Default Large Ship passing tonight

There is an extremely large cruise liner liner going to be passing by Thurso Bay heading east this evening, anyone wanting a good view of 'The Grand Princess' i estimate she'll be in view of Dunnet Head about 9.30pm (still approaching if i have my maths right). She is heading to invergordon.
    She can be seen on the AIS site here right now. She is currently approaching Bettyhill.

come on kevin get on your bike and show us your camera skills.as you know dunnet head ,well now,

Default Big boat

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox57 View Post
    come on kevin get on your bike and show us your camera skills.as you know dunnet head ,well now,
    Just got out the bath and settled for night.
    Pity I did not notice earlier though as it was a nice evening for a run out.
    Thanks for the heads up though siverfox57.

Regards KM
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Default Large ship passing tonight

Thanks for that tugg's, dont think i will be able to see it as it's a bit misty, but how about we all board the princess, she's got a cam on board

http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/a...bridgecam.html

We are gonna be boarding her for real in April for 2 family weddings, the wee man can't wait so we are off to Invergordon tomorrow so he can see his 'ship boat'.

Big thanks for the links.
    Last edited by changilass; 08-Jul-08 at 21:22.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Wish I'd logged on a bit earlier. Rushed to the window as I can see Dunnet Head but think it's too late. Bit misty out there tonight. Thanks for the tip-off and the link though. I love watching big ships and always have to stop even for the ferry.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Just coming round Holburn Head now.....

Passing JoG now!

Fantastic sunset tonight

Default Size comparison

This is Minerva and Grand Princess
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Default Grand Princess

In all her glory.

Would love a trip round the bay on that one! Beautiful boat....

Lovely Ship Changi thanks for sharing was wee man excited seeing her I tracked her last night from Strathy Point thanks to tuggs link My Dad went to see it today and was thrilled
    Its nice to be nice

The wee man is wishing his life away so he can get onboard, as far as he is concerned it is 'my massive ship'. We saw it at Invergordon on the way down but was too close to get pics so went off to Cromarty on the way back to get a better view. He has gone to bed to dream about his ship bless him.

I tracked her last night too, but can't seem to find her tonight, hubby says I am a stalker lol

From the webcam in Highlanders link she is sitting at anchor at South Queensferry, I think you can see the Hound Point Oil Terminal. When the tide turns we may see the bridges. Not only do they have a bridge webcam but we can all "attend" Changilass's family weddings, there is a wedding cam on the Grand Princess, you find it from the drop down menu.
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post

In all her glory.
    That looks like the tender, where's the big boat..

You wouldn't fit many creels on the back of her, and it would be a bitch lifting them up the side without a decent hauler.
    When the white man discovered this country Indians were running it.
    No taxes, no debt, women did all the work.
    White man thought he could improve on a system like this.
    Old Cherokee Saying

The grand Princess is heading past the bay again tonight, currently passing strathy point, so maybe an hour and she will be visible (if the mist holds off) towards the west ..... she is heading east to invergordon again.