Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSYCHIC FAIR - Sat Royal Hotel???what do you think

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default PSYCHIC FAIR - Sat Royal Hotel???what do you think

Anybody been to anything similar in the Royal Hotel? Phoned up woman today and she said for a basic reading it would cost £30 for a more in depth reading £50 - am i wasting my money or has anyone been to them and know that they are good?

Julieanne & Yvonne are the women that are doing the readings.

x

That seems a lot of money in my opinion, cant see how that is justified.

A.
    Andrew Usher
    Partner / Practice Manager
    Dunbeath Surgery
    dunbeathsurgery.co.uk

Default PSYCHIC FAIR - Sat Royal Hotel???what do you think

This sounds interesting which Saturday is it on?

You are wasting your money unless you are just want the experience of going and the atmospheric experience of a reading. Don't take any notice in what they say. My OH did a bit of card reading and palmistry and all her clients went away feeling great about themselves but she told them a load of rubbish and just expanded on her training. Some even came back for more!

I was recruited to take part in the psychic circuit a few years ago because all my planets were in the water constellations at the time of my birth, a sure sign of clairvoyant ability. However, I would be hypocritical if I went into it because of my scepticism.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Would steer clear............very expensive for very little

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    You are wasting your money unless you are just want the experience of going and the atmospheric experience of a reading. Don't take any notice in what they say. My OH did a bit of card reading and palmistry and all her clients went away feeling great about themselves but she told them a load of rubbish and just expanded on her training. Some even came back for more!

I was recruited to take part in the psychic circuit a few years ago because all my planets were in the water constellations at the time of my birth, a sure sign of clairvoyant ability. However, I would be hypocritical if I went into it because of my scepticism.
    You're a scientist, did you not see something wrong in your wife telling these people a load of lies. I hope she didn't charge.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    You're a scientist, did you not see something wrong in your wife telling these people a load of lies. I hope she didn't charge.
    That was before I entered science. It isn't lies, its a performance. She didn't charge but I would have had no objection to if she had, we need to put bread on the table like everyone else. My main concern is people being so gullible that they sucomb to all the crock. I have no issue with people charging for these services so long as their clients know it is all tripe.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 08-Jul-08 at 21:29.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Default Psychic Fayre

Hi there will be stalls selling crystals, jewellery, incense, candles and various other stalls. There is also spiritual and reiki healing and aromatherapy and reflexology. Mediums doing readings.
    You just come along and walk about and if you want to either have a reading or look at the various stalls it is up to the individual. The committee from the centre will be there if anyone wants to ask any questions.
    Tea and coffee will be served.
    The money made from the fayre is going to Macmillan Nurses and othe small donations to local charities.

Thanks, White Arrow. That sounds really interesting - I'll definately pop in.

Sun Circle

Quote Originally Posted by edayhouse View Post
    Anybody been to anything similar in the Royal Hotel? Phoned up woman today and she said for a basic reading it would cost £30 for a more in depth reading £50 - am i wasting my money or has anyone been to them and know that they are good?

Julieanne & Yvonne are the women that are doing the readings.

x
    Hi Caithness Spiritual Centre are holding a psychic fayre at the end of august, The mediums that are coming to that are not charging as much as £30 to £50 a reading.
    I have just contacted Royal Hotel and they know nothing about it.
    Where is it advertised?

Quote Originally Posted by white arrow View Post
    Hi Caithness Spiritual Centre are holding a psychic fayre at the end of august, The mediums that are coming to that are not charging as much as £30 to £50 a reading.
    Where is it advertised?
    Hi, White Arrow

I wonder if you can fill me in - what exactly goes on at a psychic fayre? I'm quite tempted to go along to the one that the Caithness Spiritual Centre are holding at the end of August, but to be honest I'm a bit shy and don't really know what to expect... what kind of things are there apart from private readings?

Sun Circle

I cannot bare to think people pay this amount of money for such readings. I suppose they have to make a pound or a million.
    WoRdS ShOuLd Be SiMpLe An VoIcEs SoFt !!!

Quote Originally Posted by danc1ngwitch View Post
    I cannot bare to think people pay this amount of money for such readings. I suppose they have to make a pound or a million.
    Anyone I know that does a good reading wouldn't ask for silver

Default Psychics

As I put on the last post on this subject.
    I made an appointment to go and have a sesion with a psychic and when I arrived ,and on time I found a note on the door."Closed due to unforseen circumstances".
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Where is it advertised?
    Hmm.

Caithness Spiritual Centre? www.caithnessspiritualcentre.co.uk

Or Caithness Spiritualist Church? www.caithnessspiritualistchurch.co.uk .

Same people.... two ways of ripping you off?

Default Caithness Spiritual Centre

Quote Originally Posted by 3of8 View Post
    Hmm.

Caithness Spiritual Centre? www.caithnessspiritualcentre.co.uk

Or Caithness Spiritualist Church? www.caithnessspiritualistchurch.co.uk .

Same people.... two ways of ripping you off?
    The reason there is 2 web addresses at the moment is because we changed from church to centre, The other one which is church is getting or should have been removed. We are not ripping anyone of in any way. We believe that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.
    Last edited by white arrow; 09-Jul-08 at 23:03. Reason: correcting typing error

The reason there is 2 web addresses at the moment is because we changed from church to centre, The other one which is church is getting or should have been removed. We are not ripping anyone of in any way. We believe that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.
    I am a believer in spiritual matters. As you rightly say, I'm entitled to it.

I can understand that there may be an administration error in having two websites because of a name change. However, all you had to do was change the heading on the original site instead of setting up a whole new web site. It looks suspicious to even the most liberal of people. Like me.

I was pleased to find that there was to be a spiritual church in Caithness though I needed the nerve to go. After all, I didn't know what to expect. And the nearest one is in Inverness.

But the Caithness Spiritualist Church/Centre has been slated on this org over the months, at times unfairly I thought. Then I decided to do a little research after coming across your website, particularly the part on the site that said the leader Ros had finally gotten verification of certification as a Registered Spiritual Healer from the SNU (Spiritualists' National Union). That statement changed from SNU to Scotia (who?) after I made a phone call to the SNU to ask them if you were in anyway registered with them, especially as you quote them so much on the sites. Presumably they got in touch?

They (the SNU) also said that a spiritualist church service should not be charged for, but to have a collection plate passed around. Raffles and prizes demean the whole spiriualist experience and turn it into a side show that lowers the tone and that now, after the repeal of the fraudulent mediums act, a legal disclaimer -- announcing that the service and readings should be regarded as entertainment and that no medical, legal and financial advice is given -- should be read out before the service. Caithness Spiritualist Church/Centre don't do that, do they?

Spiritualism is a really grey area, I admit that, and there are charlatans ready to jump on the bandwagon and prey on the innocent, the gullible and the spiritually needy. But the way you have charged into setting up the church/centre and psychic fair without what seems a great deal of thought does not look, act or feel neither spiritual nor professional and leaves you open to ridicule from all and comments like this.

As I said at the top, I believe. But I also feel foolish for doing so when people behave as you do and I wonder if I really am being taken for a ride?

Everybody has the right to believe in anything they want to,what gives one person strenght to get through a difficult time may not give another the same,but if it works why not?I am a believer,I never used to be but a friend of mine took me to see a psychic/medium when I was going through a very difficult time,I went thinking "what a lot of tosh" , I came out a believer!There is no way on this earth that the woman could know what she told me,I hadnt told anyone,she didnt "lead me" in anyway,infact she shook my hand and straight away she gave me the name of the person that was causing me such hardtimes and why they were doing it!I was totally gobsmacked!I have been to see her a few times now and everytime I go she is spot on with her readings,she even knew when I told a wee fib!Now the thing is in EVERY "profession" we will come across people who are not as good as others,and people who actually havent got a clue what they are doing(look at some of the plastic surgeons who butcher people for instance) BUT if they are genuine why not use them to help?Oh and another thing,the person i saw was so good to me that she even refused to take money for it! x
    Last edited by Thumper; 11-Jul-08 at 10:54.
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

I can understand that there may be an administration error in having two websites because of a name change. However, all you had to do was change the heading on the original site instead of setting up a whole new web site. It looks suspicious to even the most liberal of people. Like me.

I was pleased to find that there was to be a spiritual church in Caithness though I needed the nerve to go. After all, I didn't know what to expect. And the nearest one is in Inverness.

But the Caithness Spiritualist Church/Centre has been slated on this org over the months, at times unfairly I thought. Then I decided to do a little research after coming across your website, particularly the part on the site that said the leader Ros had finally gotten verification of certification as a Registered Spiritual Healer from the SNU (Spiritualists' National Union). That statement changed from SNU to Scotia (who?) after I made a phone call to the SNU to ask them if you were in anyway registered with them, especially as you quote them so much on the sites. Presumably they got in touch?

They (the SNU) also said that a spiritualist church service should not be charged for, but to have a collection plate passed around. Raffles and prizes demean the whole spiriualist experience and turn it into a side show that lowers the tone and that now, after the repeal of the fraudulent mediums act, a legal disclaimer -- announcing that the service and readings should be regarded as entertainment and that no medical, legal and financial advice is given -- should be read out before the service. Caithness Spiritualist Church/Centre don't do that, do they?

Spiritualism is a really grey area, I admit that, and there are charlatans ready to jump on the bandwagon and prey on the innocent, the gullible and the spiritually needy. But the way you have charged into setting up the church/centre and psychic fair without what seems a great deal of thought does not look, act or feel neither spiritual nor professional and leaves you open to ridicule from all and comments like this.

As I said at the top, I believe. But I also feel foolish for doing so when people behave as you do and I wonder if I really am being taken for a ride?
    I am registered with Scotia Healers, I did take an exam and the Centre is also a member of Scotia. I take advise from people who are well qualified in running a church/centre. The mistake was made not by myself but the person that is doing the web site etc. Also that it is not law yet to state it is for entertainment only but when that law comes in we will advertise and announce that at meetings.
    The mediums that come to visit our centre are registered with either Scotia or SNU. If you do your homework properly scotia exists. I would also like to add that SNU churches are run differently from Scotia.

The psychic fayre is for raising funds towards charities of Caithness. Also at the end of the financial year money will be donated to charity and the books will be available for the public to view.
    Last edited by white arrow; 11-Jul-08 at 21:14. Reason: add ing a comment

The centre accepts criticism and also input from anyone. As we are a new centre we will have teething problems and learn from our mistakes. We can only sort these hitches from people who attend or are interested in spiritualism. Please feel free to call me and have a chat.
    If you are a computer wizard your input would be gratefully recieved.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast