Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79

Thread: PSYCHIC FAIR - Sat Royal Hotel???what do you think

  1. #1

    Default PSYCHIC FAIR - Sat Royal Hotel???what do you think

    Anybody been to anything similar in the Royal Hotel? Phoned up woman today and she said for a basic reading it would cost 30 for a more in depth reading 50 - am i wasting my money or has anyone been to them and know that they are good?

    Julieanne & Yvonne are the women that are doing the readings.

    x

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dunbeath
    Posts
    399

    Default

    That seems a lot of money in my opinion, cant see how that is justified.

    A.
    Andrew Usher
    Partner / Practice Manager
    Dunbeath Surgery
    dunbeathsurgery.co.uk

  3. #3

    Default PSYCHIC FAIR - Sat Royal Hotel???what do you think

    This sounds interesting which Saturday is it on?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    13,014

    Default

    You are wasting your money unless you are just want the experience of going and the atmospheric experience of a reading. Don't take any notice in what they say. My OH did a bit of card reading and palmistry and all her clients went away feeling great about themselves but she told them a load of rubbish and just expanded on her training. Some even came back for more!

    I was recruited to take part in the psychic circuit a few years ago because all my planets were in the water constellations at the time of my birth, a sure sign of clairvoyant ability. However, I would be hypocritical if I went into it because of my scepticism.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  5. #5

    Default

    Would steer clear............very expensive for very little

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edayhouse View Post
    Anybody been to anything similar in the Royal Hotel? Phoned up woman today and she said for a basic reading it would cost 30 for a more in depth reading 50 - am i wasting my money or has anyone been to them and know that they are good?

    Julieanne & Yvonne are the women that are doing the readings.

    x
    Hi Caithness Spiritual Centre are holding a psychic fayre at the end of august, The mediums that are coming to that are not charging as much as 30 to 50 a reading.
    I have just contacted Royal Hotel and they know nothing about it.
    Where is it advertised?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by white arrow View Post
    Hi Caithness Spiritual Centre are holding a psychic fayre at the end of august, The mediums that are coming to that are not charging as much as 30 to 50 a reading.
    I have just contacted Royal Hotel and they know nothing about it.
    Where is it advertised?
    Hi, White Arrow

    I wonder if you can fill me in - what exactly goes on at a psychic fayre? I'm quite tempted to go along to the one that the Caithness Spiritual Centre are holding at the end of August, but to be honest I'm a bit shy and don't really know what to expect... what kind of things are there apart from private readings?

    Sun Circle

  8. #8

    Default

    I cannot bare to think people pay this amount of money for such readings. I suppose they have to make a pound or a million.
    WoRdS ShOuLd Be SiMpLe An VoIcEs SoFt !!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edayhouse View Post
    Anybody been to anything similar in the Royal Hotel? Phoned up woman today and she said for a basic reading it would cost 30 for a more in depth reading 50 - am i wasting my money or has anyone been to them and know that they are good?

    Julieanne & Yvonne are the women that are doing the readings.

    x
    You are wasting your money.
    Quote Originally Posted by white arrow View Post
    Hi Caithness Spiritual Centre are holding a psychic fayre at the end of august, The mediums that are coming to that are not charging as much as 30 to 50 a reading.
    I have just contacted Royal Hotel and they know nothing about it.
    Where is it advertised?
    What is not as much as that, how many shekel to be duped by a charlatan?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    You are wasting your money unless you are just want the experience of going and the atmospheric experience of a reading. Don't take any notice in what they say. My OH did a bit of card reading and palmistry and all her clients went away feeling great about themselves but she told them a load of rubbish and just expanded on her training. Some even came back for more!

    I was recruited to take part in the psychic circuit a few years ago because all my planets were in the water constellations at the time of my birth, a sure sign of clairvoyant ability. However, I would be hypocritical if I went into it because of my scepticism.
    You're a scientist, did you not see something wrong in your wife telling these people a load of lies. I hope she didn't charge.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    13,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    You're a scientist, did you not see something wrong in your wife telling these people a load of lies. I hope she didn't charge.
    That was before I entered science. It isn't lies, its a performance. She didn't charge but I would have had no objection to if she had, we need to put bread on the table like everyone else. My main concern is people being so gullible that they sucomb to all the crock. I have no issue with people charging for these services so long as their clients know it is all tripe.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 08-Jul-08 at 21:29.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  12. #12

    Default Psychic Fayre

    Hi there will be stalls selling crystals, jewellery, incense, candles and various other stalls. There is also spiritual and reiki healing and aromatherapy and reflexology. Mediums doing readings.
    You just come along and walk about and if you want to either have a reading or look at the various stalls it is up to the individual. The committee from the centre will be there if anyone wants to ask any questions.
    Tea and coffee will be served.
    The money made from the fayre is going to Macmillan Nurses and othe small donations to local charities.

  13. #13

    Default

    Thanks, White Arrow. That sounds really interesting - I'll definately pop in.

    Sun Circle

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    weik - by e' river
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edayhouse View Post
    Phoned up woman today and she said for a basic reading it would cost 30 for a more in depth reading 50
    i think 'ats really expensive....

    i read tarot cards, no so much for 'e public but for masel an ma pals. wid charge a tenner maybe but no ma close pals, they choost take roond a bottle o' wine an we make a nite o'ed

    i hev in 'e past charged people 20 kwid but they had been more than willing til pay.

    i got charged 50 reids for ma regression session so i guess if i wis til go professional i widna feel bad for uppin ma price.

    i do think that if ye were professional ye wid hev til charge at a professional level or people choost widna take ye serious...
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wick
    Posts
    594

    Default

    hmm 30 quid for a psycic reading i wonder if she can tell me if i will go or not lol
    If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    3,383

    Default

    Oh, come on peeps, this was all discussed and dismissed summarily only a few months ago.

    Self-proclaimed 'psychics' are charlatans, only in it for the money they can make out of the gullible, the grieving and the blatantly stupid.

    Derren Brown has categorically proven how they 'do it', and in the last 'discussion' we had on here, the techniques these charlatans used were discussed widely.

    I'll give you two links:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect

    Read up on it, and give these scurrilous thieves none of your hard-earned cash.

    Please.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    weik - by e' river
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Oh, come on peeps, this was all discussed and dismissed summarily only a few months ago.
    Please.
    mettalattakk....am sure yer no forgettin aboot our newbies...?

    some hevna been aroond for as long as ye....yer no bein very hospitable....!

    ok, ye da agree wi 'e whole psychic concept, we get it....but there is no need til be rude....

    oh blimey, anither bad rep fie 'e metal man comin ma way, am sure
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    3,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    mettalattakk....am sure yer no forgettin aboot our newbies...?

    some hevna been aroond for as long as ye....yer no bein very hospitable....!

    ok, ye da agree wi 'e whole psychic concept, we get it....but there is no need til be rude....

    oh blimey, anither bad rep fie 'e metal man comin ma way, am sure
    Not at all trix. What you deem rude, I deem rather understated, to be honest.

    I hope to convince our newbies that this Psychic Fair bunkum is exactly no more than that, and they'll maybe even thank me for helping them see sense.

    That is the hope, and the reason for my posting on this subject.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,228

    Default

    I'm ambivalent about psychics. Not convinced enough to pay for readings...........but heard too much about psychic revelations/happenings within my own family to dismiss it all out of hand.

  20. #20

    Default

    I once was very dismissive of this sort of thing, but many years ago I was taken along to a evening of readings etc sat down with a woman and me being me answered with yes no answers. I thought to myself I am going to give nothing away what so ever ! What happened over the next 20 minutes or so made my hair on my neck stand on end, firstly she brought up my job, described many things about it, the type of work , the enviroment in which i worked etc. Now i had not told her what i did during this, and waited until she had finished before telling her what i did.

    She then went on to describe a man standing behind me, very accurate description , even down to his foreign accent,build and looks, again she was bang on there.
    She then told me other things to look out for in my house, which i did and she again was rather accurate, but the final thing was she said i had strong connections with a city in England. I disagreed, nope i said no family connections with England, but she pressed home that i had connections with this city and asked me to please follow it up and ask my own family, which i did. I was then told by my mother when i asked her that yes we did have a connection with that city and explained it to me.

    so, how could she know these things, yes / no answers, and how can someone be so accurate ?

    Further more i went back to her several times after that and told me many more things , she is a highly regarded where she comes from for being so accurate.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •