Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: What's in food

Default What's in food

Hmm, let's have a 'Tesco Tangy & Creamy Gooseberry Fool'..

"I aint eating that", says our vegetarian son. "What" I says 'don't be such a whimp'.. he shows me the ingredients and it's got PORK GELATINE in it - blinking heck is there nothing they won't put bits of dead animals in?

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Hmm, let's have a 'Tesco Tangy & Creamy Gooseberry Fool'..

"I aint eating that", says our vegetarian son. "What" I says 'don't be such a whimp'.. he shows me the ingredients and it's got PORK GELATINE in it - blinking heck is there nothing they won't put bits of dead animals in?
    You've been taken for a fool!!

Animal 'by products' are used in many foods - gelatine is one - rennet is another found in cheese.

Seems like your son might be able to educate you...

And if you are doubtful about consuming animal products don't drink wine as most have animal bi-products used int he processes. Vegetarians all know this. Take a look at http://uktv.co.uk/food/item/aid/580883

I first discovered this many years ago when making my own wine when i took alook at what was in the "finings"

Scorrie: "You've been taken for a fool!!"
    Duh - I do know that animal bits are used in a LOT of foods, I think you might find a posting on this by me way back..
    (Incidentally I am a carnivore) and surprised the global warming fanatics haven't pushed this further; 'Why eating less meat could cut global warming'
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2007/nov/11/food.climatechange