Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: What would you do....

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lie lie lie

7 13.73%
  • Make an excuse and run for your life

2 3.92%
  • be totally honest

31 60.78%
  • Other.....(please add your comments)

11 21.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you say....

Default What would you say....

Ok guys step up and show how brave you are now. It's the old problem of do I be truthful, lie or gloss around it when you get asked one of the the questions we never want to hear...Does my bum look big in this ?

What do you do or say next?

Ladies give us some hints eh lol

Me:- Sorry but i lie and gloss around it by saying some thing like nooooo but it doesnt quite suit you lol luckly i havent been asked that one

Default Be honest

When being asked that sort of question ,it seems someone is fishing for compliments.
    I always open with "Now you have come to mention it "
    It always goes downhill from there.lol
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

*Male Genital Protection Broadcast Warning Tannoy* .. On

DO NOT ANSWER HONESTLY .. ITS A TRAP .. DO NOT ANSWER HONESTLY .. ITS A TRAP .. PUB NOW !! PUB NOW !! .. PUB N-O-W !!

*Male Genital Protection Broadcast Warning Tannoy* .. Off

Remember the above phrase, imprint it in your subconcious so it will broadcast at the appropriate time. And under no circumstances say something witty like "No but they make your thighs look m-a-s-s-i-v-e", or celibacy will be your new best friend.

I refer to that dry spell as my Sahara .. it took weeks to cross.
    If life gives you lemons squeeze the juice into a water pistol and shoot people in the eyes with it.

Been there many times and will still give the same honest answer. I'm not going to lie just to make her feel good-thats what chocolate is for. Mind you, if she ate less chocolate....

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Been there many times and will still give the same honest answer. I'm not going to lie just to make her feel good-thats what chocolate is for. Mind you, if she ate less chocolate....
    Ive got to ask, what EXACTLY did you say in reply ??

(BTW, Your new avatar is driving me nuts, its strangely hypnotic)
    If life gives you lemons squeeze the juice into a water pistol and shoot people in the eyes with it.

It looks like a few are voting to be totally honest, yet no comments. This makes me think that most of them are the ladies but come on ladies. Have you any idea what it is like for us when you get that glare when we do the honest thing and from that moment on we need to be at least 4 bus lenghts of a head start.

Like LF my early warning systems kick in at those moments and my body screams "get outta here quickkkkkkk" I have no desire to be a eunuch

OK I will jump in here for the ladies. If you lie to us in the first instance in the shop and we buy the said item you are given a false sense of "phew I got away with it". We move on - there is a night out said item is put on and in different light and mirror of the home environment (yep shop mirrors are desgined to lie too ) we see that bum (or whatever) does look big in it. Oh no boys do you not think a much bigger kicking will ensue? Up to you chaps - try usin yer noggins!

I would tell you that your bum looked big in anything if it is going to save me a few pounds (£)

Default depends on friend

if it is a good friend - will tell the truth, they know me
    if it is an acquaintance and not sure of the ground - will say I dont like the shape/colour/hangs wrong anything other than say they have a big derriere
    total stranger - tell the truth whatever it may be.

I would tell the truth,and I would expect the same from whoever I had asked(and no i wouldnt ask just hoping for compliments) There is nothing worse than buying something that looks fine in the shop but then when you put it on at home it looks terrible,and usually by then you have had it too long to return it.Guys we wont eat you alive for telling the truth....just be careful how you word it x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

I've been in many a shop, and many a changing room, where a woman is trying on a garment that, no matter how attractive she is, just simply doesn't suit her. It is always a challenge...do you say something? Do you not, and let herself wander out thinking she looks just great in that??? The thing is, if women dressed to their figure, they look terrific! stunning even! So why let them walk out the door in something that is less than what they could be?
    Rockchick

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so (Douglas Adams)

Hell yeah, i could camp with my 5 kids out in that.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    maybe if ye telt a few fibs she widna hev eit 'e chocolate - then she wid hev a littler ass
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Guys we wont eat you alive for telling the truth....just be careful how you word it
    Knocks ball back in Thumpers court with "OK, tell us how we can word it carefully without any chance of 'THE LOOK'"

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Knocks ball back in Thumpers court with "OK, tell us how we can word it carefully without any chance of 'THE LOOK'"
    Well Bob,thats a big problem,cos you guys always have foot in mouth disease but I would prefer to be told "well no Hun,its not the nicest outfit you have how about putting on the lovely black dress (or whatever) instead" than to be told "hell yes it makes your ass look like the back end of a bus" Oh! and another pointer for you guys...when we ask "what should I wear?" dont reply with "whatever you are comfy in" it doesnt help and drives us crazy x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Good answers Thumper

Males are bad for on answering the question "What will I wear tonight " with one eye on Television is "anything " you look very nice in any of it or a office night out for his work is it casual or dressing up answer whatever grrr

and shopping with them and the replies !! well thats another thread
    Its nice to be nice

in a square thing made of bricks. Oh, it's called a house! lol

My man loves my bum whatever it is clad in, so couldn't get anunbiased answer from him anyway! He did once tell me my bum looked huge in a pair of tracky bottoms - which were bought slightly larger for comfort and lounging around house in. Following the comment, they went straight in the bin!

I also would prefer an honest answer, even if it hurt. There could be nothing worse than going toa do in what you think is a gorgeous outfit (an is, but on someone else!) and everyone else is sniggering at you behind their glass of wine or whatever. That is more of an insult than you men being honest. If you cared about us and our feelings, you would spare us that public humility. And also remember - you men will also get slagged off for us wearing the outfit - "how could he let her go out in that? He MUST know she looks like a beached whale/has an ass like a parcel shelf!" The way we dress reflects on your character too!
    Last edited by armanisgirl; 09-Jul-08 at 16:22. Reason: can't spell today

Maybe a grading system is worth thinking about working from the neck down.......Something like this.
    Each area marked 1 to 10.......Neckline, Bust, Waist, Stomach, Bum and length.
    Mark each area individually add up the score and then judge for yourself.

Default what tosay

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Maybe a grading system is worth thinking about working from the neck down.......Something like this.
    Each area marked 1 to 10.......Neckline, Bust, Waist, Stomach, Bum and length.
    Mark each area individually add up the score and then judge for yourself.

next question please

Quote Originally Posted by tigger2u View Post
    Ok guys step up and show how brave you are now. It's the old problem of do I be truthful, lie or gloss around it when you get asked one of the the questions we never want to hear...Does my bum look big in this ?

What do you do or say next?

Ladies give us some hints eh lol

Me:- Sorry but i lie and gloss around it by saying some thing like nooooo but it doesnt quite suit you lol luckly i havent been asked that one
    An honest anwser would be sometimes your better half will ask you one of many of these silly questions were it really is catch 22 were no matter what u say its not the right thing she wants to hear then u have to put up with her for the rest of the day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast