Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bats!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    I am so jealous of you lot - I would love to see bats. I have only seen them in the zoo in Jersey and they were amazing.
    I have some bats here in Glasgow too, which surprised me but my house is near an area full of trees so I think they come from there. It's so funny watching the children here watching and trying to run along with them but they are way to fast for them and sometimes they come very close to clipping their heads.

I love to watch them too wifie, much better when you see them darting about naturally.

It is estimated that a bat will eat 1,000 midges in a night.

I've been enjoying the bats following me down the lane with the dogs on an evening. I am fascinated by their silence as they go about their business.

Saw bats many nights at the wooden houses in Pennyland scheme just above the glebe. Plenty of midgies there for them to thrive on. I have no problem with them, though some folks hate the very thought of them........like I am with bees and wasps!!
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...n-her-bra.html

Don't leave your bra's out on the line all night girls!

At last, I saw my first bat of the year from the house, I was begining to think they were not around this year.
    Away with the birds