Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bats!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thurso - and the Fantasy City of Darkhaven...

Default Bats!

Hi

A couple of nights ago at approx midnight...I was returning to my home in Thurso, and thought there were small birds swooping and fluttering at just above head height!!...Turns out to be a couple of small bats! The were really fast and would flit onto the corner of my house, before taking off and darting to and fro in the semidarkness...I stood and watched in wonder for several mins...

Cheers

James

How cool James - do I feel bats appearing in a story soon?

Had a similar experience the other night........one little bat swaying and swooping so silently. Didn't seem the slightest bothered I was there with the dogs.....lovely.

Thurso - and the Fantasy City of Darkhaven...

wifie

I have a giant bat creature in my book - Gaia's Sword...but it is evil...lol

James

James, there are tons of bats in the trees up the river, I believe.

I remember many years ago hundreds of them were swooping past me - on occasion their wings would clip the side of my head as they flew past - at around dusk.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

I had bats when I stayed at Latheron and Watten. They are amazing! Love them. They add some ambience to BBQ's

Default Bats!

We see a lot of them especially on dry nights with low wind. Swooping round the house 3 or 4 at a time chasing the insects - I'm sure the keep a few midgies down! I'm near Achvarasdal and I think they probably nest in the woods or old houses in the woods.

Friends of ours have reported similar sightings at Stemster near Baillie farm.

GNG
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Default Bats

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I had bats when I stayed at Latheron and Watten. They are amazing! Love them. They add some ambience to BBQ's
    I like burgers and sausage myself.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.