Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lybster

Default Lybster

Lybster on the Scottish news tonight. Will it become the new oil capital of Scotland?

Thumbs down tony

Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    Lybster on the Scottish news tonight. Will it become the new oil capital of Scotland?
    perhaps it will be in a class like aberdeen hope it works tony

Thr Brahn Seer predicted a couple of hundred years ago the 'black rain' that would fall in Caithness........can only be one thing and that is the oil coming ashore..........Caithness may well turn out to be the Jewel of the North.

if they strike oil ,first job is to have ord closed.so we in caithness can decide how and what we are going to spend the money on.I am up for JR job.

I am with you silverfox

Definately.......Caithness should decide!!!!!

If the lybster field produces any oil at all, it's going to be between 100 and 1000 barrels a day. In comparison the newest north sea offshore platform, the Buzzard produces nearly 200000 barrels.

Good luck to them, but to be honest the only things I think Caithness will get out of this are a 24 hour flare stack, a "produced water" outfall into the sea and a few extra tankers to overtake on the A9.

hee hee this is the funniest thread I've read in a long time mind you better to be famous for oil than some of the things that puts Lybster on the map

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    If the lybster field produces any oil at all, it's going to be between 100 and 1000 barrels a day. In comparison the newest north sea offshore platform, the Buzzard produces nearly 200000 barrels.

Good luck to them, but to be honest the only things I think Caithness will get out of this are a 24 hour flare stack, a "produced water" outfall into the sea and a few extra tankers to overtake on the A9.
    Agree 100%, hardly the start of an oil boom for Caithness and these small deposits are only being drilled because of the high oil price. Just watch them plug and abandon if the price plummets.

To claim this is the start of an oil boom is almost as "out there" as the lad in Wick who claimed with a straight face that Wick Airport is an emergency landing ground for the space shuttle .. hardly.
    If life gives you lemons squeeze the juice into a water pistol and shoot people in the eyes with it.

Awe.....don't spoil the dream

Wick airport was at one time considered by NASA as an emergency landig strip due to a. It's remoteness and B. the lack of fog due to the wind blowing in from the north sea.

Information found from web Via a FOI request.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Admin/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Flying_Lion_Rampant.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by nightspirit View Post
    Wick airport was at one time considered by NASA as an emergency landig strip due to a. It's remoteness and B. the lack of fog due to the wind blowing in from the north sea.

Information found from web Via a FOI request.
    Being considered and being used are two completely different things.

For a start the runway is about half as long as would be required. As for the fog, Wick's proximity to the sea is a disadvantage, not an advange. Anyone who's been taxied from Wick airport to Edinburgh/Aberdeen can testify to that!

Talking

they are going to drill about 1 mile down and out into the firth..and if it all goes well then we might get about 20 lorries a day...lol....and it dont look that bad looking from my back door..its not very noisy...so not to bad thay also say it will be gone in a few months time....

If oil is found off our Caithness coast do you think we will be entitled to cheaper fuel???????????????

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    If oil is found off our Caithness coast do you think we will be entitled to cheaper fuel???????????????
    So many question marks. And we all know there is only one answer....

I can't wait to see the new 'Oil Barons' in Lybster.

10 gallon hat, crocodile skin boots and a gold (Hammerite) plated Massey Ferguson 35...

Or the 'Oil Sheiks' astride their favourite camel (texel/cheviot cross) with a hunting hawk (scorrie painted brown) on their bejeweled wrists.

Now,Now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dessie View Post
    they are going to drill about 1 mile down and out into the firth..and if it all goes well then we might get about 20 lorries a day...lol....and it dont look that bad looking from my back door..its not very noisy...so not to bad thay also say it will be gone in a few months time....
    If those 20 lorries are gonna be travelling the A9 perhaps the income from the oil will lead to our "fly over" at Berriedale to cope with the heavy traffic.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

I've heard that the revenue from the Lybster field will pay for a man-made island in the shape of a fish. The 'Herring' as it will be called, will stretch for several miles into the Moray Firth and is intended to be the latest holiday destination for the rich and famous.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I've heard that the revenue from the Lybster field will pay for a man-made island in the shape of a fish. The 'Herring' as it will be called, will stretch for several miles into the Moray Firth and is intended to be the latest holiday destination for the rich and famous.
    Do you mean along these sort of lines? All the newcomers
    wanting to share in the Caithnessians wealth could be accommodated!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-refugees.html
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast