Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dunnet Bay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dunnet Bay

Anyone know what all the activity is in Dunnet Bay with a ship and Ribs (not Rib and chips) and diggers in the Caravan site car park ??

Quote Originally Posted by MR J View Post
    Anyone know what all the activity is in Dunnet Bay with a ship and Ribs (not Rib and chips) and diggers in the Caravan site car park ??

cable laying I believe to Orkney ?
    Oedipus was the first man to plug the generation gap

Cable laying from Dunnett Bay to Skaill Bay in Orkney. The ship is C.S. Sovereign and the small boats are doing the 'beach' end.

Cool

i heard cable goes to shetland then to faroes.so i got told,was interested myself

Quote Originally Posted by del 123 View Post
    i heard cable goes to shetland then to faroes.so i got told,was interested myself

I thought the fibre cable to the faroes was done a couple of years ago.

The big black RIB is 'North Coast Explorer'. She is the RIB that does wildlife trips from John O'Groats.
    11m long, 450hp Jet drive (no props to hit on rocks, porpoises or divers), top speed around 35kts with 12 passengers and 2 crew.

She's being used as a standby vessel for the duration (up to Wed 9th July).

CS Sovereign now on the way to Newcastle.
    Just before leaving the harbour pilot went out to her to transfer a couple of people back to shore, managed a shot of the transfer.

Click on the pic for full size image.

Tuggs the wee man says its a good pic but not as nice as his one, which is now hanging above his bed, thanks again, and a big hug and kiss from the wee man.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Laying a communication cable to Orkney.

Thanks for the answers and pics.

They 're probably fettling up communications on the Faroes for Manchester City's visit later in the month. A hotline home for Mancunians who make the trip. Wouldn't surpirse me if the islanders nicked a draw.

(he opined)