Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Card Making

Default Card Making

Is anyone else into making cards?

I've not been doing it long but its so worthwhile.

I make them for birthdays and weddings. I'll even be starting some chirstmas ones later this month

Its nice to see their eyes light up when they get a personalised card they can keep and remember you by.

Love it, love it, love it!

Cardmaking, scrapbooking, quilting, cross stitch - basically anything crafty.

The new craft shop in town is bloomin brilliant and long overdue, great place to go to get a coffee while buying goodies.
    Just wish it was a tad bigger.

Is there any card making in particular that you like?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

My wife is really in to card making as well.
    I know it is a bit late but this week on QVC Shopping Channel between 1400 and 1600 each weekday besides selling card making stuff there are demos by Dawn Bibby on various aspects of card making. Thursday is stencilling, Friday is creative paper techniques. Also on Saturday 26 July (from Friday midnight that is) there is a craft day and Christmas stuff is heavily involved. Enjoy
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"

Craft day on QVC is great,but I always end up spending much more than I intended to!I make all differnet kinds,from stamping to decoupage,although I am not too keen on decoupage and prefer making my own designs from scratch x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

My favourite pastime. Great fun but can be hard on the pocket, especially with last week's week long Craft Special on Ideal World all with free P&P! As a member of the Create and Craft Club the discount makes a difference too ~ I joined because it's cheaper than buying a card making magazine every month (and they've now reduced the price again!). I think that QVC tends to be dearer and items are in larger quantities, but I love to watch both for the demos and for inspiration. Personally I tend to buy most items I need from eBay.

Me! I love cardmaking. I've currently got 3 baby cards to make, my cousin had twin girls yesterday and I'm going to be an aunty very shortly - if the baby could get a wriggle on please that would be lovely so I know what colour to make it!

I am in the Readers Union craft bookclub which is a pretty good source of all things crafty, I used to be in the Needlecraft one but swapped over when I became a cardmaking queen rather than a cross stitcher queen.

Love QVC gear, it always seems to be really good quality and have bought a few 'pick of the days' when its craft day. Bit expensive but nice for a treat.

Are you into ready made card/embellishments or do you start completly from scratch? I start from scratch mostly.
    I am the sundance kid, coming to you with a groove and a positive

Quote Originally Posted by the charlatans View Post
    Me! I love cardmaking. I've currently got 3 baby cards to make, my cousin had twin girls yesterday and I'm going to be an aunty very shortly - if the baby could get a wriggle on please that would be lovely so I know what colour to make it!

I am in the Readers Union craft bookclub which is a pretty good source of all things crafty, I used to be in the Needlecraft one but swapped over when I became a cardmaking queen rather than a cross stitcher queen.

Love QVC gear, it always seems to be really good quality and have bought a few 'pick of the days' when its craft day. Bit expensive but nice for a treat.

Are you into ready made card/embellishments or do you start completly from scratch? I start from scratch mostly.
    Like to make my own embelishments, I know it's wrong but I'd feel I was cheating if I were to use bought toppers. Have recently bought foil on eBay and am playing about with it ~ great fun, but my writing really needs improvement!

When I started making cards I bought ready made embellishments and then when I got my confidence up I made them from scratch,nothing wrong with ready made things,even if it is expensive,its good to build up experience and then go from there x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    When I started making cards I bought ready made embellishments and then when I got my confidence up I made them from scratch,nothing wrong with ready made things,even if it is expensive,its good to build up experience and then go from there x
    Sorry, didn't mean to imply that there was anything wrong with using ready made toppers. I was speaking from a personal point of veiw meaning that I would feel that "I'm cheating". Afterall if nobody bought ready made, what would I do with my extra ones?

Sorry Buttercup I wasnt getting at your post,I just meant that if thats what will encourage someone to give it a try its fine for starters,I honestly wasnt implying that you were downing it x

I have just been browsing this websites given to me by a friend loads of nice things !!! with Ideas and Packs even instructions
    www.madaboutcards.com
    www.liz-craft.co.uk

let me know what you think
    Its nice to be nice

Hi Anne,I have used both these sites and they are very good!Liz's crafts are very quick to deliver and very reasonable with their prices...well done to you for posting them! xx

Default beads and material

i've been so busy making cards that i havent had a chance to reply until now

I've just recently got into stamping with ink pads. I have to admit though i do prefer using beads and material. There is just so many different varities

Will hopefully be finishing a wedding card and a good luck card tonight. Also have a 21st birthday card to do in a few days!

Busy busy but its just so relaxing

Craft day QVC from 0000 and all day Saturday

Smile

Poltney news in Dempster St has a great selection of things for card making and if they dont have what you are looking for they will order the things for you .........
    jac

Default Card Making

Hi I have been making cards for a number of years now and find that buying locally can be very expensive I get a lot of my stuff from 'Craftsite' who I found by accident.They have avery good range of embelishments which don't cost the earth.
    I like Spirelli,tea bag folding,iris folding and have had a go at quilling and plan to work on perfecting it this winter.

Default cards

I love making my own cards. You can make what you want and how you want. total freedom.

I was recently encouraged by my partners mother to think bout selling them as she loves them and thinks that they are really good. I use ebay mostly for my card toppers and things. As I've only started doing it this year I haven't got a clue how to make my own toppers yet!

www.toptopper.co.uk was recommended to me by a ebay seller when i bought some of their stuff. have a look, it mite be useful it mite not.

Think that link should read http://www.toptoppershop.co.uk/

Default Card Making

My daughter and I go off twice a year to the Craft Fair in Glasgow where there is a tremendous amount of information and craft materials to buy. It is quite an addictive hobby! We also go off in the summer to Perth where there are good craft shops. I know that this is not possible for many crafters but we also use the internet and I like the s
    Silly Monkeys website.

I love card making too, made all my cards last year...including my christmas cards....doing the same again this year!
    Every Thursday, I have a friend or two over for a crafting day, its a great way to catch up and do your hobbies too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast