Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: xstitching

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default xstitching

these are just a few of the xstitches i have done

Default some more xstitch

and another one the 2 ballerinas were one big long xstitch but i seperated them to make to pictures

Default and another

Default One I did for mother

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

that is beautiful changilass

I bought a xstitch because I have a white alsation I couldn't get a picture or ornament but found a xstitch that looks just like her. I opened it and promptly resealed it again, way too complicated considering I have ever done any stitching before. Anyway both your work is beautiful, would either of you consider a commission to do the stitching for me?
    He who laughs last - 'Probably didn't get it!'

If its on aida then yes I would do it, if its on evenweave then no thanks I hate the stuff lol

What finished size is it and what count aida?? I'm assuming its a full kit with all materials but could be wrong.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Give it a go tisme! It is not hard to cross stitch and you will be chuffed when you finish it. It could take for ever but that is no matter. Open the pack again and follow the instructions ie separate your threads and so on - start in the middle of the pic and off you go. Buy one of the cross stitch magazines there are simple and helpful tips and instructions in those or get a book from the library. Try something small and simple to build yer confidence. I am sure fellow stitchers on here would be willing to assist if you are stuck!

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    If its on aida then yes I would do it, if its on evenweave then no thanks I hate the stuff lol

What finished size is it and what count aida?? I'm assuming its a full kit with all materials but could be wrong.
    Jees, evenweave, aida?? now you're just swearing at me I will have to look it out and let you know
    Last edited by tisme; 12-Jul-08 at 22:34. Reason: typo
    He who laughs last - 'Probably didn't get it!'

They are lovely Annie, I love the calendar bears

I must get photies of stuff I've done as I travel around my friends and relations.........not actually kept much here for myself.....but I'll look out what I have.

I'm not good at producing something without a finishing date.....so tend to do births, marriages, anniversaries etc for other people.........to ensure I get to the end of them before I go back to the dolls houses/furniture.

LOL oddquine I'm like you I haven't got alot of stitchings in my house as I to stitch mainly for other people lol Annie I have almost finished the calendar bears and really enjoyed stitching it.

Question for everyone is there a xstitching club in wick? If not would people like there to be one set up maybe.

Did anyone see the Cross Stitch category winner in the County Show? I didn't make it but my mum showed me her photos of the Industrial tent.
    Very much a 'Wow' factor in alot of the work, especially the quilling winner and the overall winner with the patchwork little girl quilt.
    What a lot of work went into all of them.
    Puts my little Paddington Bear cross stitch to shame!
    I am the sundance kid, coming to you with a groove and a positive