Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: xstitching

  1. #1

    Default xstitching

    these are just a few of the xstitches i have done

  2. #2

    Default some more xstitch

    and another one the 2 ballerinas were one big long xstitch but i seperated them to make to pictures

  3. #3

    Default and another


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Longside
    Posts
    5,903

    Default One I did for mother

    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

  5. #5

    Default

    that is beautiful changilass

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Doon 'e line
    Posts
    158

    Default

    I bought a xstitch because I have a white alsation I couldn't get a picture or ornament but found a xstitch that looks just like her. I opened it and promptly resealed it again, way too complicated considering I have ever done any stitching before. Anyway both your work is beautiful, would either of you consider a commission to do the stitching for me?
    He who laughs last - 'Probably didn't get it!'

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Longside
    Posts
    5,903

    Default

    If its on aida then yes I would do it, if its on evenweave then no thanks I hate the stuff lol

    What finished size is it and what count aida?? I'm assuming its a full kit with all materials but could be wrong.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    Give it a go tisme! It is not hard to cross stitch and you will be chuffed when you finish it. It could take for ever but that is no matter. Open the pack again and follow the instructions ie separate your threads and so on - start in the middle of the pic and off you go. Buy one of the cross stitch magazines there are simple and helpful tips and instructions in those or get a book from the library. Try something small and simple to build yer confidence. I am sure fellow stitchers on here would be willing to assist if you are stuck!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Doon 'e line
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    If its on aida then yes I would do it, if its on evenweave then no thanks I hate the stuff lol

    What finished size is it and what count aida?? I'm assuming its a full kit with all materials but could be wrong.
    Jees, evenweave, aida?? now you're just swearing at me I will have to look it out and let you know
    Last edited by tisme; 12-Jul-08 at 22:34. Reason: typo
    He who laughs last - 'Probably didn't get it!'

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Doon 'e line
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Give it a go tisme! It is not hard to cross stitch and you will be chuffed when you finish it. It could take for ever but that is no matter. Open the pack again and follow the instructions ie separate your threads and so on - start in the middle of the pic and off you go. Buy one of the cross stitch magazines there are simple and helpful tips and instructions in those or get a book from the library. Try something small and simple to build yer confidence. I am sure fellow stitchers on here would be willing to assist if you are stuck!
    I thought it may be ok coz I have done a lot of knitting in the past, even knitted myself an icelandic jersey which was very daunting, but pretty easy once I got into it. The problem with this is there is no start guide. I have all the threads etc. which came with it. But the instructions say double so I don't know if it 2 lots of of thread or what. Just think it'll take a very long time and patience, of which I have neither! I also have no tools just the needle that came with the set, probably have to but a hoop thingy.........just too daunting.
    He who laughs last - 'Probably didn't get it!'

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Longside
    Posts
    5,903

    Default

    Starting point is the centre of design to the centre of the material. You can use a hoop but some folks just hold the material loose, and the needle that came with it is really the only tool you need.

    The main thing you need is good eyesight and a bit of patience. Best thing to do if you want to try it yourself is to try a wee cross stitch and see how you get on with it, you never know you may love it.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Longside
    Posts
    5,903

    Default

    Tisme how far Doon 'e line are you, maybe I could help you to get started , rather than doing it for you, its good fun once you get started.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Doon 'e line
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    Tisme how far Doon 'e line are you, maybe I could help you to get started , rather than doing it for you, its good fun once you get started.
    Hi, I am in Aberdeen. I had a proper look at it today, and I think I could do it. Just that I thought it was already done when I bought it from ebay, only when it came in the kit I was like oh no! It has quite a good explanation and copies of the areas enlarged, so I think I should give it a bash. Just time that isn't on my side. I am starting a degree course in September, long distance learning. I think most of my spare time will be going on that. Not easy to fit everything in after you have finished work sometimes you just want to sit and do nothing. I know I will get into it, just getting it started
    He who laughs last - 'Probably didn't get it!'

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    Just do peedie bits Tisme. You might find it kinda relaxing! Good luck and let us know if you do start or need any help!


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Just a bit of advice tisme - make sure you always stitch in the same direction first. I made the fatal mistake of thinking it didn't matter when I did my first one - it looked awful!! Usually when I am stitching a row in all the same colour, I do all the /////// first then go back and do the \\\\\\\ after.

    You can buy keyring kits which would be a good one to start on as you can do the whole thing in no time at all!! Like this one:

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCOTTISH-THIST...3286.m20.l1116

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    Good point Henry20 - glad you remembered! It does look bowf (if you excuse the expression) if you mix up the directions!


  17. #17

    Default tisme

    Quote Originally Posted by tisme View Post
    Jees, evenweave, aida?? now you're just swearing at me I will have to look it out and let you know
    evenweave is smaller holes to aida
    i have done loads on all sizes of material, like you did lot of knitting it was 10 year ago that i decided to try cross stitch now am hooked it is great once you get into it,if stuck give a shout i will help out as i have sorted out others and done lots for friends at no charge as i love doing it,got to point that ran out of room for mine,so willing to help if you need it,good luck

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Doon 'e line
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by henry20 View Post
    Just a bit of advice tisme - make sure you always stitch in the same direction first. I made the fatal mistake of thinking it didn't matter when I did my first one - it looked awful!! Usually when I am stitching a row in all the same colour, I do all the /////// first then go back and do the \\\\\\\ after.

    You can buy keyring kits which would be a good one to start on as you can do the whole thing in no time at all!! Like this one:

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCOTTISH-THIST...3286.m20.l1116
    What an excellent idea, definately going to get that first. Thanks everyone for the tips. I will let you know how it goes, but don't expect another post for a whiley
    He who laughs last - 'Probably didn't get it!'

  19. #19

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Longside
    Posts
    5,903

    Default

    They are lovely Annie, I love the calendar bears
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •