Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Time Travel!

Anonymous Guest

Default Time Travel!

Is something happening in Caithness. I am getting texts and replies back up to two hours later and this message board is one hour behind!
    Paddy

Eve M Guest

I've noticed that when you post messages it has the wrong time on it. Why is that?

Anonymous Guest

test

Anonymous Guest

mine sems to be okay - it is set up for GMT+3 hours and that is what is displays.

FairyFi Guest

I dont know... to be honest i dont understand the whole concept of time travel and time zones and things...
    Maybe someone wrote the message and sent it in america or something??

Anonymous Guest

Default Time travel

I wrote the original message on near as makes no difference the same line of latitude as Wick although I am in England. However I wrote it at 3 o'clock yesterday!
    Paddy

jjc Guest

What timezone is your PC set to? (right-click on the clock in your task bar, go to 'Set Date/Time' or equivalent, look in Time Zone)

jjc Guest

Okay, so when I supposedly posted that last message I was actually sitting in a beer garden enjoying a three-hour working lunch... I too have become a victim of this strange time-warp!

Have, perhaps, the sysadmins wherever caithness.org is hosted forgotten to switch on Daylight Saving????

Oh, and previewing the messages also shows the time to be one hour out....