Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nowhere is safe

Anonymous Guest

I am sure you will appreciate the fare provided by St Johnstone Deacon.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon blue

It's not as if he is a world class player. How often is he seen dribbling the ball past three or four players and then scoring a goal? Kenny Dalglish, Archie Gemmil are only two players off the top of my head who were world class players. But the most gifted of all has to be George Best.

How would Beckham have faired against these players, or if he had played alongside these players would he be rated world class?
    I think the game of football is different now than it was in George Best's day and i am sure there are older and wiser football fans posting here who could tell you that. However i do think that to suggest Beckham isnt a world class player is a little silly. Beckam is quite possible the best player playing club football in England since George Best . The trouble with arguing this point is that it is purely opinion and therefore a whole load of rubbish spouted by someone who knows very little about football

The price of Beckham is to be frank obscene - however it is the price the clubs are prepared to pay to secure his services. To suggest that this man has the brain of a chicken is also unfair i think. To have driven his career and secured the deals and the recognition that he has suggests that he has a good grasp of what is going on and a fair handle on his business affairs. This is not a stupid man folks by anyone's reckoning despite the fact that he may not have a truckful of qualifications.

I think it was his Dad who said that all he ever wanted to do since he was a wee boy was play football and he certainly plays football!!! I think that he has risen to the top of his profession has taken hard work and dedication as well as talent - back to George Best folks - he had the talent but the rest was missing and look what happened.

I shall be sorry to see Beckham go I love to look at him he is gorgeous. Give him David Ginolas voice and you would have the perfect man. *****Dreamy Sighs*****

Eve M Guest

Nah, that aint the perfect man

Mr Sensitive Guest

Yes, Vanman is the perfect van, err I mean perfect man.

Beckham the best in England since Best? Nah.. Of today's players, Thierry is better than Beckham. Maybe Owen too? And Van Nistelrooy? Perhaps also the Keane of a few years ago. And Beckham don't have no va va voom. I go for Thierry. He can play the Owen/Van Nistelrooy and Beckham roles at the same time in the same game. Oh, and I forgot Vieira. How could I forget Vieira?

And Roberto Carlos ran him ragged in the first Real game, although Beckham got partial revenge with his brace in the second.

Scots?

King Kenny! Or Bremner? Or even Souness?

And Vipond can talk a good game. Whoops, that topic is banned.

Beckham is far too hyped and wildly overrated, but thats the way with most of the English squad. They are a bad team, England, and they don't seem to be able to accept their consistent failure.

Anyway, England managed to muddle trhough ok without Beckham the other night, with St Michael of Liverpool doing a cracking job as saviour for them.

The world does not revolve around Mr Beckham, and Man United won't miss him one bit. Sir Alex is a god who knows exactly what he is doing, mass culls of players at Man Untd are commonplace, he's axed big stars before like Ince, Stam, Kanchelskis, Hughes...and what happened afterwards? Unfortunately more success.

Goodbye Posh n Becks, never darken my newspaper again!

vanman Guest

never mind zidane will be happy now that he has got someone like bekham to tie his boots now.

Eve M Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sensitive
    Yes, Vanman is the perfect van, err I mean perfect man.
    Vanman the perfect man

Van the Man maybe but Vanman???? Gaaawd stop it your killing me

Mr Sensitive Guest

Eve, do not mock the vanman!

As the man says there is a hierarchy at Real.

David Beckham will clean the boots of Zinedine Zidane.

And Zinedine Zidane will clean the boots of Vinedine Vanman.

Just you wait and see............................................... ..................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12