Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Model Railways

Thumbs up Model Railways

are there any model railway enthuseiasts out there....

Thumbs up

Many years ago now in loft in boxes gathering dust!!! but still want to take it out now and again tho

i used to have an n gauge layout ages ago but left it with my kids when i split with my second wife is there not a club up here with a layout?
    If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?

Ah, love model railroading but lack the space right now for any track. In the US it seems the hobby is in a bit of a decline, but I became a train fan when I was quite young, and I still am.

Bruce H

does anyone no were u can get n gauge scale cars but the cars have to be in the seventy eighty era please there is a guy at my work that is looking but cant find them anywere

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE View Post
    does anyone no were u can get n gauge scale cars but the cars have to be in the seventy eighty era please there is a guy at my work that is looking but cant find them anywere
    dunno if its any help eddie ... gettinghold of n gauge stuff is ni on impossible but try this link it may be of some help
    http://www.railway-models.co.uk/1900_1.html

Thumbs up re model railway enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by dessie View Post
    are there any model railway enthuseiasts out there....
    Aye there are a few. Mostly closet or armchair ones though - myself included!

I've been attempting to build one for 7 years now, but housemoves, arrivals of babies and inevitable lack of money that these cause keep preventing me from getting past the research and design stage - have got as far as laying track a couple of times only for it all to be dismantled everytime 'she that must be obeyed' makes an official decree!

I always wished there was a model railway club up here (I used to be in one down south before I moved up here 16 years ago). I was speaking to the guy at Durrans in Thurso about it (he's a very enthusiastic modeller) and he said he'd advertised the idea of starting a club years ago, but there was no interest - I suspect things haven't changed much... Also the local model club seems to do everything but railways - there's one or two of them interested, but it seems the lorries and diggers are more their thing.

What about you Dessie? Got a layout? N or 00? (or something else?). Good idea starting a forum on hobbies - never thought of it before.

I wonder if anyone else reading this would be interested in some sort of club or even informal get togethers???

Quote Originally Posted by dunny View Post
    Aye there are a few. Mostly closet or armchair ones though - myself included!

I've been attempting to build one for 7 years now, but housemoves, arrivals of babies and inevitable lack of money that these cause keep preventing me from getting past the research and design stage - have got as far as laying track a couple of times only for it all to be dismantled everytime 'she that must be obeyed' makes an official decree!

I always wished there was a model railway club up here (I used to be in one down south before I moved up here 16 years ago). I was speaking to the guy at Durrans in Thurso about it (he's a very enthusiastic modeller) and he said he'd advertised the idea of starting a club years ago, but there was no interest - I suspect things haven't changed much... Also the local model club seems to do everything but railways - there's one or two of them interested, but it seems the lorries and diggers are more their thing.

What about you Dessie? Got a layout? N or 00? (or something else?). Good idea starting a forum on hobbies - never thought of it before.

I wonder if anyone else reading this would be interested in some sort of club or even informal get togethers???
    I daresay a few would like some sort of club to be started and hey even a caithness layout might be a good idea too. My dad used to have an oo layout (god rest his soul) and i used to have an n gauge layout (loved the size, hated the expense) and a layout would certainly encourage others to join. The "club" could then enter competitions etc. would anyone else be interested??

Thumbs up

thanks for the reply DUNNY...i have lots of items.around 20 steam and diesel..loco,s a few carriages..loads of wagons..and plenty of other items...no track yet when i get the track it will be peco..and of course no space yet the attick is full as most atticks are but not the right items..maybe next yr lol..but would love to know if there are any other,s interested.in starting a club....Dessie...