Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Miracle berry

Question Miracle berry

The BBC article talks about the banning of this fruit as an additive by the FDA. However a little background is required to understand what is happening now, compared to back in 1974. Some years ago the US Congress passed a law allowing basically any Tom Dick or Harry to sell any old junk as long as it was "natural". This was at the behest of lobbyists for the quack remedy/miracle vitamin industry. So now they should have no trouble selling things based on their miracle fruit, as the FDA can no longer stop them. However they wanted to try to introduce it only as a way to cut down on sugar consumption, rather than (and I think this is very much to their credit) claiming unsubstantiated health benefits. I think that means they would still fall under FDA control as the daft law doesn't cover (fortunately) things going into the food supply.

I'll tell you this though. The sheisters hawking things like "Tahitian Noni juice" (which no-one in Tahiti has ever heard of) will be on this stuff any day now, and start flogging it as a cure-all.

Too many miracle claims for all sorts of cleaners, washing powders, foods and medicines for me to be bothered. I'll stick to my glass of water which turns into wine every evening.

watched them playing with this stuff on TV earlier lol anything that can make guinness taste like chocolate milkshake cant be all bad (can it) lol
    If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?

Exclamation Richard & Judy

There was a discussion about this on Richard and Judy. They tried various foods and stated that the berry helped greatly. However it made the taste of wine rancid.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Never tried them, but they do sound interresting. My view is that the FDA has not always been correct in their decision making. However, on this one I just don't know.

Hmmm, yet another wonder-product from the good ole Us of A.
    Well I shall wait and see if there are any more positive results. Will it work with peanut butter or brussel sprouts or my girlfriend and fish.