Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Overlaying photos onto Maps or satellite images

Default Overlaying photos onto Maps or satellite images

I'm using photoshop 5 elements to overlay an aerial photograph layer over a flat map background. The aerial photograph has quite a lot of perspective distortion and I am hoping that if I can overlay the aerial photo over a map or a satellite image then the software will make the aerial photo into a birds eye view of sorts. The trouble is, whenever I use perspective correction/distort, skew etc, known points which correspond to both the photo and the map move, I can't fix them into position. I need a total flexible function that will allow me to lock certain points into position without having to fiddle around constantly, is there anythiing in elements that will allow me to do this? If not, can you suggest something?

Your help will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I'm using photoshop 5 elements to overlay an aerial photograph layer over a flat map background. The aerial photograph has quite a lot of perspective distortion and I am hoping that if I can overlay the aerial photo over a map or a satellite image then the software will make the aerial photo into a birds eye view of sorts. The trouble is, whenever I use perspective correction/distort, skew etc, known points which correspond to both the photo and the map move, I can't fix them into position. I need a total flexible function that will allow me to lock certain points into position without having to fiddle around constantly, is there anythiing in elements that will allow me to do this? If not, can you suggest something?

Your help will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Could you post a pic of what you have done so far.