Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: £5 million wedding

Default 5 mill wedding....

now if you can afford it......but wayne's wedding bill ..5 million quid is it really needed....
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

Default Hype

don't the 'Press' hype everything to unbeleiveable levels - think the press or magazines will be funding much of the costs, designers and tailors will be outfitting them for the publicity afforded them too, but do think most of these 'celebrity' functions are overboard trying to outdo each other.

I usually take the Press with a very very large spoonful of salt, not a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by ciderally View Post
    now if you can afford it......but wayne's wedding bill ..5 million quid is it really needed....
    It's worth it to the press to see beauty and the beast get married.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    It's worth it to the press to see beauty and the beast get married.
    Which one is which though?

Surely I am not alone in finding these 'celebrity' weddings one big yawn. What relevance does it have to everyday life? To be honest, I'm so bored by them and other celebrities I've lost interest in this thread.

binbob Guest

Default rooney wedding

totally obscene ...to spend that money on a wedding..but no doubt we will see many more.

less to split when they divorce
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Colleen may have a £5,000,000 wedding .. But she will still wake up with Shrek next to her tomorrow morning.

Poor girl ..
    If life gives you lemons squeeze the juice into a water pistol and shoot people in the eyes with it.

Absolutely ludicrous!!

Apparently the train on her dress is 85 foot long! Not OTT in the slightest
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Vulgar in the extreme.
    I cannot dwell upon this
    grim event any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia View Post
    Absolutely ludicrous!!

Apparently the train on her dress is 85 foot long! Not OTT in the slightest
    Well, its all about showing off, isnt it? But she'll have to do far better than that if she wants to get noticed for pulling a train along behind her...the record is 12 freight cars....

...LOL!
    The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    Vulgar in the extreme.
    I cannot dwell upon this
    grim event any longer.
    Aye, but in the bigger scheme of things they will spend comparatively less (significnatly) than the average couple who get married.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

its there money and its there day let them do what they want, if i had millions god id go OTT
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy View Post
    Aye, but in the bigger scheme of things they will spend comparatively less (significnatly) than the average couple who get married.
    Our wedding in 1970 cost the equivalent of two weeks wages.
    Couples who spend money they can ill afford on providing some kind of show for friends and family are bonkers. And I'm not just talking wedding night here.

Our wedding in 1970 cost the equivalent of two weeks wages.
    Couples who spend money they can ill afford on providing some kind of show for friends and family are bonkers. And I'm not just talking wedding night here.
    I think you would be lucky if an average weding could be had for two months average earnings Percy. I agree with you, there are plenty of things that the money can be better spent on - which they will need.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Thumbs up £5 million wedding

Lots of people have been outraged at Colleen and Wayne's costing an alleged £5,000,000 but I was absolutely delighted. Surely it is better that some of their obscene cash ends up in others pockets than with those two dullards!
    I know most of it will end up with other millionaires but some of it will go waiting staff, cleaners, seamstresses, ship staff etc. etc.
    You may be surprised that I take this view because of my left-wing views but anything is better than the rich getting richer with their cash lying in investments.
    The next time you hear the likes of "Posh And Dopey Becks" splashing out absurds amount of money rejoice rather than getting steamed up like I always used to.
    Let them spend, spend, spend and a little might go to deserving people,

Vulgar in the extreme.
    I cannot dwell upon this
    grim event any longer.
    Another thing that is vulgar is the proposed £75M transfer of that portuguese from ManYoo To Real Madrid with a possible £75M in wages on top of that.

Well, if they feel the need to throw a big lump of dosh at a wedding to impress themselves and their families - then boogaloo. Doesn't impress me. They won't be the first and they won't be the last.

They can fritter their money as they please as far as I'm concerned. I would not call them for spending their own money as they see fit.

The average wedding in Britain allegedly is around £16k - how would that sound to your Third World (or even First World?) family where dowries are sometimes measured in pots and pans.

Let he who is without sin......

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Well, its all about showing off, isnt it? But she'll have to do far better than that if she wants to get noticed for pulling a train along behind her...the record is 12 freight cars....

...LOL!
    You might be correct but then is it any different fro a local wedding with an unknown couple spending just a big a proportion of their mioney on a wedding. I see local weddings with less then affluent couple where an absolute fortune in spent. Maybe the Rooneys can afford it and those local couple are simply putting themselves into huge debt.
    Anyway I think in both situations it is pretty obscene when ones sees what is happening in certain parts of the world to poor folk loosing everything through natural disasters.

I think it's a daft amount of money to spend but like some1 said if they have the money let them spend it. It's their wedding!! But to me friends and family should be there just to be happy with them!! But even spending £16.000 is stupid!!

Default Honestly...

Who cares..?
    Behold the turtle - he only ever gets anywhere by sticking his neck out...