Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: "druggies"

Quote Originally Posted by padfoot View Post
    So everyone that takes cannabis WILL suffer psychosis, would love to see the data to support that too. It is a genuine interest, if there is data to support that I would like to read it plz
    Everyone that smokes cannabis will suffer a psychosis of some sort or another. Psychotic episodes like paranoia for example, possibly developing schizophrenia.

And judging by the content of some of your posts you do not sound too mature either, nae offense just an observation
    I found that statement hilarious coming from you.

I notice from your profile you list one of your interests as going out at weekends and getting drunk with your mates and have your occupation down as being a mother. You also openly admit on here that you smoke cannabis. ....now what was that you were saying about not being mature?

Just an observation by the way.

Oh and I nearly forgot very mature and responsible of you to post the web address for a site offering paraphernalia to do with smoking hash like bongs, pipes and scales. Shame the mods have since removed it.
    Last edited by Venture; 25-Jun-08 at 10:01.

Put the claws away ladies, they are retractable you know, Raaaawrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    I found that statement hilarious coming from you.

I notice from your profile you list one of your interests as going out at weekends and getting drunk with your mates and have your occupation down as being a mother. You also openly admit on here that you smoke cannabis. ....now what was that you were saying about not being mature?

Just an observation by the way.
    thanx for looking haha yeah i do like to go out with my friends at the weekend and get drunk so your point is i dont do it every weekend so thanx but i think i am allowed to let my hair down and yes i am a mum and yes i do smoke pot and i am 19 im allowed to act like a teenager

and i note that you are the one that is so concerned about the teenagers yet you continue to pick away pettilly instead of showing me the data you got your facts from which may change my mind about my cannabis use lol

And am responding no further to any of the pettiness as wouldn't want to risk what has been an interesting thread be closed because it has degenerated into a slagging match. Is not always like you to be so petty I have enjoyed some of your more sensible posting
    Last edited by padfoot; 25-Jun-08 at 10:06.
    I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    Put the claws away ladies, they are retractable you know, Raaaawrrrr.
    Maybe Im not mature enough to be able to do that TBH.

... Or maybe Im addicted to it now...
    Last edited by Venture; 25-Jun-08 at 10:20.

So everyone that takes cannabis WILL suffer psychosis, would love to see the data to support that too. It is a genuine interest, if there is data to support that I would like to read it plz
    Perhaps the below quote will help you some.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
    Bad Points

As a psychiatric nurse the bad points are the growing number of teenagers that i am now assessing with acute psychotic illnesses such as schizophrenia and bipolar depression who have no other discernible trigger to these illnesses other than using cannabis. I can only think that this is in some way due to the cross-pollination and genetic modification of cannabis plants creating current super potent strains that make the skunks and super skunks of even just five years ago seem like the ratty weed that over-enthusiastic amateurs grow in their bedrooms at their parents house.

There is a growing theme in today's culture of getting 'wasted' 'out of your head' 'mashed' etc all of which seems to be a description of trying to get as far away from the reality of a world/life that the individual is intensely dissatisfied with. Cannabis had previously been used as a social lubricant, helping people overcome social anxieties and spend time enjoying a communal like-mindedness. This is quite a stark contrast to today's culture of needing to be so wasted you cannot walk or string words together.

THC, the active ingredient in Cannabis is using neural pathways and neural chemicals in ways that the brain did not intend for them ot be used, if you use something for the incorrect purpose it can break irreparably. For example would you use a £300 hand-blown one off glass bong to hammer a nail?

With or without tobacco you will experience the same risks of cancer and other respiriatory illnesses as it is the inhalation of large quantities of smoke, weed or tobacco that cause the harm. The safest way of taking cannabis is eating it.

Good points,

If your in your mid-to-late twenties you can be pretty much sure that your parents at some point in their life smoked weed while wearing a kaftan and a pair of rose-coloured John Lennon glasses then probably wrote some really dodgy poetry... and that has gotta make you laugh.

In some cases it has been very effective as a form of pain relief for MS and other chronic illness.

It can be a wicked laugh when you smoke enough to chill, have a good time with friends. I had about seven great years of smoking (trips to amsterdam, week long house parties in london)but you have to know when the partys over and to move on to the rest of your life. I still have friends who are stuck where the some of us were six years smoking from morning to night and losing jobs because they forgotto turn up.
    1 year ago
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Fantoosh,
    Thank you for starting this thread - it's a good antidote to the last drug thread. Too bad the two weren't combined to give a good debate - it's getting rarer on the Org.

I've known good druggies and bad druggies, good alcaholics and bad ones. I've sampled, and possibly over-used, both in my time and I believe I'm still an OK person. The point I want to make is that, even though I recognise drugs/drink can alter your personality, isn't there something to be said for the kind of person you are to start with? I have known a crack addict for the past 40 years who really should be dead by now, and he has been extremely bad news to his family and everyone around him forever. I don't know whether to think he was simply a very bad egg to begin with, or just mentally unstable.

I do know in many ways I have more respect for young people's opinions than I do for people my own age. It's been mostly my experience that young people talk more sense and still want to change the world.

I just pulled a couple of quotes out from the many preceding pages to answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Not many people have become the victim of a crime instigated by an alchoholic looking for their next drink. I'll not bother saying any more, I'm sure you can work out the rest for yourselves..
    Northerner, you apparently can't work the rest out. The domestic violence, murders, etc., resulting from those who've bought their own next drink, next drink, next drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Flasheart View Post
    Charlie Romeo Alpha Papa.

If you havent got the character to sort your life out then no one can do it for you .. End of. There are three types of people in this life .. those that take the lead, those that follow the leader and those who stand by and watch all the while whinging that it isnt fair. Your pyschobabble seems to indicate that those of us who get on with it are somehow responsible for making those who dont feel inadequate. I say this .. GOOD. If you want to have a good cry, blame someone or go on Jeremy Kyle and prove what a complete waste of oxygen you are while blaming everyone else for your own complete lack of personality, charisma, character and will to succeed then feel free. More room on the highway of life for the rest of us who want to get on and dont feel we owe the bottom feeders a living.
    Lord Flasheart:
    Bravo Oscar Lima Lima Oscar - oh you'll get my drift.

Tilter,

I do get your drift.

If you remove the Lima, Echo and Romeo from your username you have mine ..

Dont get into a battle of wits .. your clearly unarmed.
    If life gives you lemons squeeze the juice into a water pistol and shoot people in the eyes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post

Bad Points

As a psychiatric nurse the bad points are the growing number of teenagers that i am now assessing with acute psychotic illnesses such as schizophrenia and bipolar depression who have no other discernible trigger to these illnesses other than using cannabis. I can only think that this is in some way due to the cross-pollination and genetic modification of cannabis plants creating current super potent strains that make the skunks and super skunks of even just five years ago seem like the ratty weed that over-enthusiastic amateurs grow in their bedrooms at their parents house.

There is a growing theme in today's culture of getting 'wasted' 'out of your head' 'mashed' etc all of which seems to be a description of trying to get as far away from the reality of a world/life that the individual is intensely dissatisfied with. Cannabis had previously been used as a social lubricant, helping people overcome social anxieties and spend time enjoying a communal like-mindedness. This is quite a stark contrast to today's culture of needing to be so wasted you cannot walk or string words together.

THC, the active ingredient in Cannabis is using neural pathways and neural chemicals in ways that the brain did not intend for them ot be used, if you use something for the incorrect purpose it can break irreparably. For example would you use a £300 hand-blown one off glass bong to hammer a nail?

With or without tobacco you will experience the same risks of cancer and other respiriatory illnesses as it is the inhalation of large quantities of smoke, weed or tobacco that cause the harm. The safest way of taking cannabis is eating it.

Good points,

If your in your mid-to-late twenties you can be pretty much sure that your parents at some point in their life smoked weed while wearing a kaftan and a pair of rose-coloured John Lennon glasses then probably wrote some really dodgy poetry... and that has gotta make you laugh.

In some cases it has been very effective as a form of pain relief for MS and other chronic illness.

It can be a wicked laugh when you smoke enough to chill, have a good time with friends. I had about seven great years of smoking (trips to amsterdam, week long house parties in london)but you have to know when the partys over and to move on to the rest of your life. I still have friends who are stuck where the some of us were six years smoking from morning to night and losing jobs because they forgotto turn up.
    1 year ago
    Don't forget. In the case of Cannabis in its hash preparation the suppliers have already done what they would do to powders and maximise their profits by simply using bulking agents. Instead of using sugar/vim etc as they do with powders, in the case of hash it'll be bulked up with soap/cardboard/other resins. In fact by the time it reaches the tokers the conc of actual resin will be down to a very small percentage. Can't beat a wee bit of burnt plastic/box/soap sooked into your lungs. The argument whether Cannabis is harmful may burble on but I'm pretty certain that half the rubbish thrown in the mix isn't the best for the old health.

Decide about herbal for yourselves........

Default Good point /ouch

Quote Originally Posted by dook View Post
    Don't forget. In the case of Cannabis in its hash preparation the suppliers have already done what they would do to powders and maximise their profits by simply using bulking agents. Instead of using sugar/vim etc as they do with powders, in the case of hash it'll be bulked up with soap/cardboard/other resins. In fact by the time it reaches the tokers the conc of actual resin will be down to a very small percentage. Can't beat a wee bit of burnt plastic/box/soap sooked into your lungs. The argument whether Cannabis is harmful may burble on but I'm pretty certain that half the rubbish thrown in the mix isn't the best for the old health.

Decide about herbal for yourselves........
    I suppose that pushes on to katarina's point that the safest way to take it is to eat it.
    At least if you ate a shard of plastic the worse thing that can happen is ,you will end up with a sore arse.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by katarina View Post

Bad Points

Good points,

1 year ago
    Aha...the hash / work life balance arguemement...good stuff !

Thrumster - next to the best pub in the world "The Old Smiddy Inn"

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    It means that you actually take notice of the relevant, factual information that smoking cannabis causes mental illness, so you stick to alcohol, wise choice, lesser of two evils.
    A mate of mine who smoked a lot of it when he was younger has started again on the odd occasion - very disappointing. It happened because he was in the company of habitual users who were aloof and thought it was classy to use. He wanted to be in their company at their level and joined in. I found out by a third party but then by a member of his family who was in the company that night. They thought nothing of it - and given their much younger years this disappointed me also - the example (the wrong one to my mind) had been set.

Teenagers need an introduction to tr-hash like a hole in the head. The damage it can do I have witnessed and for those who seem to be fine with it, you have time ahead yet...! Drinking alcohol is another (good coming from me I know) - where they have managed to get themselves in a much worse state with the explosion of the alcholic drink market and the affordability of it all - teenagers in general have much more access to cash (disposable income) and spend a greater amount of it on booze - getting themselves into some states. Both have their effect on their health and their life.

Adults aren't excused - they should know better - teenagers should have the example given to them to follow. If we don't give them the example, we land up with drinking, drug taking mothers and fathers (and single too looking to progress in life) who are teenagers, thinking that they are doing just fine but in reality are already making it difficult for themselves and their young children to have any fulness of life ahead of them.

WBG

thanx for looking haha yeah i do like to go out with my friends at the weekend and get drunk so your point is i dont do it every weekend so thanx but i think i am allowed to let my hair down and yes i am a mum and yes i do smoke pot and i am 19 im allowed to act like a teenager

and i note that you are the one that is so concerned about the teenagers yet you continue to pick away pettilly instead of showing me the data you got your facts from which may change my mind about my cannabis use lol

And am responding no further to any of the pettiness as wouldn't want to risk what has been an interesting thread be closed because it has degenerated into a slagging match. Is not always like you to be so petty I have enjoyed some of your more sensible posting
    I'm not sure whether I believe that your reasons for not responding further are genuine. Knowing how many infraction points you had accumulated I think you had a pretty good idea that your suspension was imminent after having a post removed by the mods in the early hours. Maybe it was a case of bowing out gracefully before you were thrown out. But seeing as I don't want to be petty Ill give you the benefit of the doubt.

It dosen't bother me that you and others close to you have seen fit to slag me off obscenely on another website in connection with what Ive posted on this thread. What does bother me is that you think its not true. The information I originally posted on cannabis was fact. I couldn't give you one specific link as the information had been gathered from various sources as part of research done a few months ago. It was taken mainly from medical sites. Katarina has since posted near enough the same information so I think that should be proof to you that what I wrote was genuine. I can assure you I would never post anything untrue. What would be the point.

There is a wealth of information out there on the risks of cannabis smoking if you are interested. You come across as a typical teenager with the attitude of "it'll never happen to me". I hope it never does. I didn't post the information because I was having a dig at teenagers. Far from it. I was trying to get across the message that there are dangerous consequences to dabbling in hash. A lot of teenagers genuinely don't know this. Granted there is not 100% proof that it will affect everyone in the same way but some are more at risk than others. Its a case of you won't know until its too late. If you are willing to take the risk then that's your choice. I have close contact with many who now suffer from depression, are bi polar or schizophrenic. They are paying a high price for the risk they took by smoking hash. If they knew then what they know now.

I'll leave you with this short life story. I knew someone whose life was blighted by many things too horrendous to mention. They thought the best way of dealing with it was to block it out. Firstly with an occasional smoke which then progressed to excessive use to get rid of the paranoia. When the depression set in the drugs were accompanied by drink and prescription drugs with horrendous side effects. Then came the schizophrena with the voices within telling them how worthless they were. The black hole they were living in became deeper and deeper and harder to get out of even with professional help. After years of torture they finally found the answer. Unfortunately it resulted in them spending last night on a mortuary slab. I can assure that's 100% fact.

Hopefully none of the things I have mentioned will ever happen to you. As you have said its your life and you do have choices. I hope for your sake and that of your children that you decide to make the right one.

you know what Venture, you should hang your head in shame ! you went out to deliberatly goad someone in this thread, all to satisfy your warped sense of humour !!!

true ?

Quote Originally Posted by weeboyagee View Post
    A mate of mine who smoked a lot of it when he was younger has started again on the odd occasion - very disappointing. It happened because he was in the company of habitual users who were aloof and thought it was classy to use. He wanted to be in their company at their level and joined in. I found out by a third party but then by a member of his family who was in the company that night. They thought nothing of it - and given their much younger years this disappointed me also - the example (the wrong one to my mind) had been set.

Teenagers need an introduction to tr-hash like a hole in the head. The damage it can do I have witnessed and for those who seem to be fine with it, you have time ahead yet...! Drinking alcohol is another (good coming from me I know) - where they have managed to get themselves in a much worse state with the explosion of the alcholic drink market and the affordability of it all - teenagers in general have much more access to cash (disposable income) and spend a greater amount of it on booze - getting themselves into some states. Both have their effect on their health and their life.

Adults aren't excused - they should know better - teenagers should have the example given to them to follow. If we don't give them the example, we land up with drinking, drug taking mothers and fathers (and single too looking to progress in life) who are teenagers, thinking that they are doing just fine but in reality are already making it difficult for themselves and their young children to have any fulness of life ahead of them.

WBG
    There are a lot that don't smoke as often as they make out but like to give the impression that they do. They are the ones that don't lose their jobs, houses, possibly family and I hope your mate doesn't fall into the trap that they perhaps unwittingly set.

4,478 view on this thread, wonder what the rest of UK think when they read these postings...

Scotland has one of the highest prevalence's of injecting drug use in Europe
    http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2002/07/15074/8613
    About 50,000 people in Scotland are infected with Hepatitis C - double the UK average
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4295116.stm

Just a thought...

drugs are a very real problem in the society we live in.Location knows no bounds either,so dont assume because you life in a quiet wee village in the back of beyond it wont effect your community because it will.

My son was a stupid boy who at the weekend had far too much to drink,had a fight with his X and smashed his fist through a pub window.
    He's know saint but I had hoped he'd managed to control his temper.
    As a joiner he needs his hands and as a consequence to his "smashing" time at the weekend will now be in plaster for 6 weeks.The ciculation is also giving the doctors cause for concern so may need to have it done again.

He was also found to be in possession of a substance he shouldnt have but has no recolection if he took some.
    We thought we knew our own son but unfortunatly we dont

Drugs no matter what type affect the personality so I would say that in my experience if you have an aggresive temper they just make it worse.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Default Tit Response

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Flasheart View Post
    Tilter, I do get your drift. If you remove the Lima, Echo and Romeo from your username you have mine .. Dont get into a battle of wits .. your clearly unarmed.
    Sorry Lord Flasheart but I just couldn't help it. Nothing personal intended.

Would like to say I do no drugs/don't drink much at my ripe old age as bod can't handle it. Plus I'd be too scared with today's new-style cannabis which I understand is evil.

Cuddlepop, I'm very sorry about what's happened to your son.

However: if alcohol and nicotine are legal (both very high on addictive substances list), should not all drugs be made legal? That way we could have a bit of quality control and (heigh ho Gordon B.) they could be taxed.

I am now ducking out of sight and hightailing it to Pets Corner.

Well after reading all these replies it is quite a balanced argument, but what should be done about it..

how about this, the ideas proposed could or could not work..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7442773.stm

Quote Originally Posted by justine View Post
    Well after reading all these replies it is quite a balanced argument, but what should be done about it..

how about this, the ideas proposed could or could not work..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7442773.stm
    Sounds good to me Justine. Anything is better than nothing, because current policies on drink/drugs are clearly not working.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast