Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wetherspoon

Default wetherspoon

Just been to pick up timber in Thurso Building Supplies and a chap there was chatting about wetherspoon coming to Thurso, I mentioned that I had heard that the old Kirk next the Bank of Scotland was favourite, he replied that that had all fallen through and that Wetherspoon now had a site in Sinclair Street at the old Woodbees store - he seemed pretty adamant that this was going to happen..

Anyone else heard this?

i heard this from one of the managers in the wick one.seemed fairly comfident that it was going ahead.
    "One more round Micky"

i pity the residents in sinclair street, its bad enough parking there at the moment

I heard the O'Brien Construction Ltd had bought it.

I'd be surprised if weatherspoons would commit to buying anything until they got planning permission/license applications accepted.

They haven't applied yet, therefore I'm sure it's all just rumours.

Thrumster - next to the best pub in the world "The Old Smiddy Inn"

Not that the org is a place for gossip but,........

WBG

Where is Big A when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by dandod View Post
    i heard this from one of the managers in the wick one.seemed fairly comfident that it was going ahead.
    How many managers does a typical spoons pub have?

donss Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DeHaviLand View Post
    Where is Big A when you need him?
    Yeah: Where's BIG A

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    How many managers does a typical spoons pub have?

depends on the size of the pub or even lodge.it is not uncommen for them to have at least 5. 1 of which being the licence holder and 1 being the kitchen manager the rest would be shift managers.
    "One more round Micky"

Quote Originally Posted by dandod View Post
    depends on the size of the pub or even lodge.it is not uncommen for them to have at least 5. 1 of which being the licence holder and 1 being the kitchen manager the rest would be shift managers.
    I didn't realise they had that many, I thought perhaps a head chef and a general manager. Cheers for the info.

and with all that managers they still expect them to work 52 hours a week(well in the wick one anyway)
    "One more round Micky"

Would there be anything wrong with a spoons in Thurso? Before Spoons in Wick opened alot of folk thought it wouldnt take off, but hey it's been open
    five years and still going strong..I often wonder where Wickers went before Spoons? I think it would be a good thing.

I dont think they would get planning permission as it is a residential areaThere are houses across the road and houses on the corner, a pub a few doors away and problems already exist with parking....so i cant see it happening.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Default hi

nothing special about weatherspoons frozen foods no music well cheap drink only cheap tho cos it near its ofd mark!!! worked in the one in kirkcaldy they not long got music in it they were loosing custs oh never mind....

Quote Originally Posted by weeboyagee View Post
    Not that the org is a place for gossip but,........

WBG
    As you well know lol, these good orgers would never dream of gossiping or spreading rumours
    The man who views the world at fifty,
    the same as he did at twenty,
    has wasted thirty years of his life.

o'briens have the bought the site that wetherspoon are wanting in thurso

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Just been to pick up timber in Thurso Building Supplies and a chap there was chatting about wetherspoon coming to Thurso, I mentioned that I had heard that the old Kirk next the Bank of Scotland was favourite, he replied that that had all fallen through and that Wetherspoon now had a site in Sinclair Street at the old Woodbees store - he seemed pretty adamant that this was going to happen..

Anyone else heard this?
    I posted about the possibilty of this less than a week ago, we'll just have to wait & see if it was O'Briens or Wetherspoons who purchased the place...

Me: "Anyone else heard this?"

Hi Bob, must have missed your posting.. expect we will all have to wait and see unless anyone knows more?

I checked out the sale on www.ourproperty.co.uk where you can see prices, dates and sometimes the applicants and granter (buyers and sellers). There is a sale registered for Drill Hall, 21 Sinclair Street, Thurso for £110,000 to O'Brien Construction Limited.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast