Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Gig Final Line Up

Exclamation Big Gig Final Line Up

the prolifics 2.00-3.00

empty fortune 3.15-4.15

saxifer 4.30-5.30

no exit wound 5.45-6.45

megawatt 7.00-8.00

falter 8.15-9.15

crimsontide 9.30-10.30

bad reputations 10.45-11.45

Smile big gig

well done. looks like a brill line up.
    remember me im annie gee :-)

Smile

Hope there is a good turn out this year.Noticed Belladrum is on the same date!

It's free to camp at the dammies tho! lol
    Last edited by lagertops; 12-Jun-08 at 22:53.

It'll be Belladrum for me thanks.

Was the date of Belladrum not known when the date for the Big Gig was decided? If it was then that's a major oversight that should never have been allowed.

I'm agree. They should have moved the whole gala week to accommodate Belladrum.

"It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

The Big Gig has clashed with Belladrum for three years and TTA are fully aware of this. It would be better to have the BG on the first Saturday of the Gala Week but they are at a loss as to how to close the week. Seriously crazy but there you have it!!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Correct me if im wrong but is the procession (floats, queen etc) not held on the first saturday?

If they were held on the same day as each other the potential crowd would be split between the two, also i doubt there would be enough organisational people to go round.

Anyway, im quite sure that the Big Gig is not in competition with Belladrum. The Big Gig is held locally, run locally, for charitable purposes, and is made up of local talent. Belladrum is held in the middle of nowhere, run by proffessionals, takes in touring acts, some big names, and its all in the interest of making cash for commercial gain.

Its just unlucky that they do fall on the same date, as gleber said, this has been so since the big gig started.

The BG might not be in competition with Belladrum but never the less suffers badly crowdwise because it's on the same day.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

A lack of foresight on the organisers' behalf? Shock! Horror! Bella, for what it's worth, make very little out of it all personally. Am sure Belladrum - a very well-run family-orientated festival in my view - will pull a couple hundred folk from the Caithness area, possibly more.

Default big gig

you may be right but how about gving local bands a bit of encouragement. good on them for getting the big gig together.

well done guys

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    you may be right but how about gving local bands a bit of encouragement. good on them for getting the big gig together.

well done guys
    No offense to the bands, but you're giving the plaudits to the wrong people. The TTIA and the sound guys deserve the most credit. They're the ones who pull this all together.

Talking

cheers jeid.

Default big gig

sorry i was misundersttod by what i wrote. i think you all doing a fantastic job. i know it involves a lot more than bands alone to organise an event and well done to all.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    No offense to the bands, but you're giving the plaudits to the wrong people. The TTIA and the sound guys deserve the most credit. They're the ones who pull this all together.
    Agreed. & the basic point being made is quite obvious but it's old ground that frankly is 3 years old & reminds me of leopards & spots

never seen a stripey leopard

that reminds me I'm on the desk. Yeesh I hope the leopards are caged

all the big gig needs is good weather and i,m sure it will be succesful why do some people want it to fail,i have watched and been part of the caithness music sence for thirty years there,s a lot of bad vibes in it at this time,could someone explain why,it was never like this before.

Everyone competes, EGOS Clash, But in all fairness, I think it gives it a bit of spice zbzbzbzbzbz

IMO Is is rediculous, But gives us some juicy reading on the org? :P
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

what,s going on here is more than that,i,ve been around some big ego,s on my travels,whats,happing here is not only causing a split between bands but also between their employers in thurso the pub owners,if one band plays in acertain bar,it means another bar won,t book them or vice,versa caithness mucians should stick together,because in the bigger picture,there,s not very many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by appleskin View Post
    what,s going on here is more than that,i,ve been around some big ego,s on my travels,whats,happing here is not only causing a split between bands but also between their employers in thurso the pub owners,if one band plays in acertain bar,it means another bar won,t book them or vice,versa caithness mucians should stick together,because in the bigger picture,there,s not very many of them.

I would love to know a true example of that?!

Sounds to me your talking urine.

Quote Originally Posted by appleskin View Post
    Nonsense.

Most of the local pub owners in Thurso get along fine.

When I used to work in the central the staff of the Newmarket and Holburn would regularly "borow" kegs if they ran out.

To think the bar owners are so petty as to use bands as pawns in some sort of "pub wars" is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    I would love to know a true example of that?!

Sounds to me your talking urine.
    is there no truth in what i,m saying is that what you,re trying to say,no need to be so rude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast