Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Accommodation required

Default Accommodation required

I am trying to find reasonably priced accommodation for three to four nights for 10 to 14 people. Breakfast not necessary. My grand daughter is coming over from New Zealand to marry in Thurso and I still need to find more beds over and above what family space we have. Would be nice if we could get them in together but open to any offers in Thurso/Dunnet/Barrock area. Date of wedding is Sep. 12th. Grateful if anyone can help.

This is a bit of an off-the-wall idea, but have you thought about asking William Wilson at Lyth Arts Centre? He's got enough accommodation there for a whole troupe of artistes and if he's not using it for musicians on those dates you might be able to strike a deal with him - the rooms are first class (self catering) and William's a great host!

Default Accommodation wanted

Many thanks for that suggestion Tootler. Never though about anything like that - I'll investigate!

A couple of static caravans at the caravan site?

Thanks theone - did think about that but they seem to be for at least a week although I haven't checked thoroughly. There's also the possible weather factor although I'm sure it's going to be an absolute scorcher till December!!!!!

What about pentland lodge house in granville street in thurso. family run guesthouse and might be able to sort something for you for a block booking like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jayem View Post
    Thanks theone - did think about that but they seem to be for at least a week although I haven't checked thoroughly. There's also the possible weather factor although I'm sure it's going to be an absolute scorcher till December!!!!!
    Not sure about Thurso and Dunnet, but I'm sure the ones at Watten are available by the night, very resonably priced too, about £30 per caravan per night and that sleeps 6. I guy I work with offshore stays in them every year when he's up fishing.

Thanks again theone for your help. Will investigate.

Thank you sunsetsong I will investigate. I am grateful for all replies to my question and will report eventually when I have everything organised.

the lighthouse at noss head, rents out beds, i think it sleeps 16+ also, and what a view for the kiwis to look at.

The St Clair Arms in Castletown would do you a deal on a party of that size ,phone Andrew on 01847 821656

Default accom for all your guests

Hi Jayem
    check out the website www.watersidehouse.org - or email info@watersidehouse.org - Its a Guest House in Thurso with 13 bedrooms so will be able to accommodate all your visitors. With B & B rates and not the expense of a hotel

Default Accomodation Required

Northern Sands at Dunnet would be happy to accomodate you and at a very reasonable price. Phone 01847 851270

Default Accommodation required

Many thanks to everyone who replied. I think we will be using a very handy B&B in Thurso with reasonable rates. Still trying to sort out numbers!