Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: I need Help

Default I need Help

My speakers don't seem to be working??

They are plugged in correctly to the computer and the light on the front of them is on, showing that they are powering up, but no sound coming out.

I have checked that the drivers are installed on my computer which they are, I am now stuck as to what to do next.

Can anybody please help me find out what the problem maybe.

Thanks

OK a few things to check. Firstly the obvious...

1. Are they plugged into the correct socket on the PC - usually coloured green, and the volume OK. You can also test them in an MP3 player/portable CD player or similar.

2. Double click the volume control down by the clock and make sure that none of the levels are at minimum, or muted.

...and less obvious...

3. Check all media types - most games/sounds from a PC come under the Wave heading, but MIDI files and audio CDs don't so try them too (you can find MIDI files by searching the PC for files ending in .mid)

4. How are you checking that the drivers are installed? If you're going to Device Manager and checking for yellow circle/black exclamation mark symbols. If you find any then try right clicking and uninstalling them, once done restart your PC and the devices should be redetected and drivers reinstalled.