Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please say a prayer for Tiggy

Red face

Lit a candle for your Tiggy........................hope all is well.

Bright Blessings to you both

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by KCI View Post
    Waiting to find out is always the worst.
    Will be checking for updates later - hope it all turns out OK.
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Lit a candle for your Tiggy........................hope all is well.

Bright Blessings to you both
    Awww bless you. That is really kind of you.

Well the X-Rays haven't shown anything nasty so we now have the agonising wait for the results of the blood tests.

My sister is collecting him after her work so he will be home in a wee while. Just hope he is okay.

Tiggy has a blether with me every day and I really miss that!

I am really hoping that he 'just' has a nasty tummy bug and the reason he is so miserable is because his bowg is sore.
    I tried to massage his belly today and he cried so it must be sore.
    Poor wee soul.

I will let you know how things go and many, many thanks for your love and support.
    This is the org at it's best!!!

xxxx
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Well, at least the x-ray didn't show up anything really bad, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Tiggy had probably enjoyed the opportunity to have some proper 'adult' conversation!!

When Freddie had to go to the vet and stay for a few hours, he couldn't get enough of all the attention! He was the main attraction - I was sitting at home worried sick about him, and he was cuddling all the staff!

Hope Tiggy feels better soon.

Well that's my boy home staggering like he's drunk! Just have to wait for the blood test results now which we should hopefully have by 4pm tomorrow afternoon. If not it won't be until Wednesday.
    I am so hoping that they are all clear and he will make a full recovery. It will be interesting to see how he is once his sedative wears off as he was given a painkilling injection which I have read on the net, is good for colic.
    I forgot to say that he has taken to going into the bathroom and going into the bath and then he has been lying on the bathmat! I did hear him chattering once and wondered whether he had seen my late cat Rusty as he used to go into the bath!!!
    Well now £100 poorer after paying the Vet bill!!!! Have to say though we get a great and caring service from our local Vets and their staff for which I am truly grateful. It was more expensive as we had an emergency appointment yesterday.
    Still it will be worth it if he recovers!!!
    Last edited by Liz; 02-Jun-08 at 17:12.

Cool

[quote=KCI;391014] Tiggy had probably enjoyed the opportunity to have some proper 'adult' conversation!!

Ooh you are so bad to me in my fragile state. Had to laugh though even if isn't very funny!!!
    Someone said to me it could be his liver but have looked this up on t'internet and he doesn't really have the symptoms. His eyes are white and they would probably be yellow if he had liver problems. Also, I would imagine if his liver was swollen this would show up on the X-Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by KCI View Post

Tiggy had probably enjoyed the opportunity to have some proper 'adult' conversation!!

Hope Tiggy feels better soon.
    You are a cheeky moo Just as well Liz knows what your like !!!

Good that the x-ray was clear. Fingers and paws crossed it is a bug and will pass soon xxx
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

try to stop worrying,he's in the best,most loving hands he could wish for...
    his very own liz.

Ps .bought Connies cream for the vet and that set me back £18 and what did she do?
    Yes licked it off.

Pets,there worse that wanes.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    You are a cheeky moo Just as well Liz knows what your like !!!

Good that the x-ray was clear. Fingers and paws crossed it is a bug and will pass soon xxx
    I know she is soooooooooo cruel to me!

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    try to stop worrying,he's in the best,most loving hands he could wish for...
    his very own liz.

Ps .bought Connies cream for the vet and that set me back £18 and what did she do?
    Yes licked it off.

Pets,there worse that wanes.
    I know I wish I wasn't such a worrier but am afraid I'm a bit of a pessimist. Life made me that way!

Tiggy is really zonked out although not really relaxed. Didn't think sedation would be as bad as this?

It's going to be another long day tomorrow waiting for the results.

Sorry but had to laugh (much needed!)at the thought of Connie licking off her expensive cream!
    I can't remember whether you got Colloidal Silver as this would probably help and do her good if she licked it!

Oh God gie us strength!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I know she is soooooooooo cruel to me!

I know I wish I wasn't such a worrier but am afraid I'm a bit of a pessimist. Life made me that way!

Tiggy is really zonked out although not really relaxed. Didn't think sedation would be as bad as this?

It's going to be another long day tomorrow waiting for the results.

Sorry but had to laugh (much needed!)at the thought of Connie licking off her expensive cream!
    I can't remember whether you got Colloidal Silver as this would probably help and do her good if she licked it!

Oh God gie us strength!!!!
    The vet has given her Fuciderm gel.She's had it before for some skin complaint.
    Decided to take her down for a dip in the river again tonight and she was in her element.Tide was well in and had made the river water lovely and warm.
    Maybe it might have the same effect as Lourdes.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    Tide was well in and had made the river water lovely and warm.
    Maybe it might have the same effect as Lourdes.
    We will all be over with our four legged wanes to paddle in your river if it has, or maybe you could bottle some and send it to Caithness
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

i hope all goes well with the blood results
    thinking of you xx
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

I'm off to get my cossie and me and Tiggy are coming for a dip!

He still hasn't surfaced (lying under the bed) and am a bit worried as thought the sedative would have worn off by now?
    Really hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    i hope all goes well with the blood results
    thinking of you xx
    Oh I hope so Ash. Many thanks! xx

Thinkin of ye both, Liz....watching over Tiggy and waiting for the results will make it a long night. Hope you manage to get a little sleep.
    evelyn

Unhappy

Well it's 5.30am and am afraid Tiggy is no better. In fact, if anything he is a bit worse. He's not even drinking now.

I really fear I am going to lose my darling boy and am just sick with worry.

I can't go back to sleep and don't know what to do.

Will call the Vets at 9am and see what they say.

Unhappy

I really feel for you Liz. Lets hope its just that the sedative has knocked him for six.

Thanks Blondie.

I really don't know what to do! Do I wait and see if he makes a recovery from the sedation or put him out his misery.

I so hoped I would get up this morning to see that he had improved and was gutted to find him looking so miserable.

I wish I could stop crying!

I think I'd wait a little while longer. Maybe see what the vet says at 9. Lets hope you get the blood results back today. Maybe things will be a little clearer then.

Well I called the Vet at 6.30am as couldn't wait any longer and he was out at a calving.

He called me back and I said I thought it might be kinder to let Tiggy go as he was so ill.
    We took him in (well my sister did whilst I sat in the car park as couldn't stop crying)and the Vet gave him a good examination and said he was anaemic(not sure why) and dehydrated and wasn't recovering from the sedation so he thought we should give him a chance and is giving him an antidote for the sedative;something for the anaemia and putting him on a drip.
    Really hoping the blood results come back today.

I am trying not to get my hopes up but so hoping that Tiggy will make a recovery. He is 11years old but this is not old by todays standards and has been in perfect health (never been to Vets apart from getting nearly all his teeth out!)

Sorry if I am rambling but have hardly had any sleep. Am going back to bed now to see whether I can get some z's.

I truly appreciate all your love, prayers and concern. xxx

Will keep you updated.

TTFN xxx

I am still thinking about you
    try and get some rest as you will make yourself ill aswell ( i know its easier said than done) we are all here for you on the org chin up ....... you never know the outcome may be good

fingers crossed xxxx
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast