Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Please say a prayer for Tiggy

Liz, I have just read all 4 pages of this thread, and now I am in tears. I am so sorry you lost your Tiggy. I wish I had been in here earlier to be with you through the whole time of you worries and fears.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you now, and I hope you are getting there. Take care, and give the other cats an extra cuddle, it may help a bit.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    i'm really sorry about the sad news. i know how hard it is to lose a darling pet but i'm sure it'll be best for tiggy and you had to be strong for him.
    lots of love.xx.
    Thanks Sweep xx

Quote Originally Posted by Lolabelle View Post
    Liz, I have just read all 4 pages of this thread, and now I am in tears. I am so sorry you lost your Tiggy. I wish I had been in here earlier to be with you through the whole time of you worries and fears.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you now, and I hope you are getting there. Take care, and give the other cats an extra cuddle, it may help a bit.
    I appreciate this Lolabelle.xxx

It came as such a shock as Tiggy had never had a day's illness in his life!
    I can't cry as much now (all cried out!)but just feel sad and missing him so much.

This is the only 'bad' part about having pets. Still they're worth it!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

so sorry liz...xxxx
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

Thanks Ciderally.

I thought the tears had dried up but was thinking about him just now and set me off again.

I just can't get used to him not being here. It is very early days though and, although I will always miss him, I know it will get easier.

Default sorry

Hi Liz Im so sorry that you lost Tiggy i know how hard it is to come to terms with a unexpected loss of a much loved cat and how you always look for them to be there. My thoughts are with you

Quote Originally Posted by blondscot View Post
    Hi Liz Im so sorry that you lost Tiggy i know how hard it is to come to terms with a unexpected loss of a much loved cat and how you always look for them to be there. My thoughts are with you
    Thanks ever so much. It did come as a bolt out of the blue and, out of all my cats, I honestly thought that Tiggy was going to live to be a really old boy.
    As you say you're always looking for them and the mind is cruel as you can actually see and hear them!

I know you have had more than your fair share of heartbreak too.

Liz I am very sorry to hear about poor Tiggy. I wish I had been a part of this group earlier so I could have shared my story, strangely enough about a cat named Tigger, who suffered kidney failure and died on February 14th this year.

I am sure you are very sad at the loss of a beloved pet, and he will never leave your heart. I have to hope and pray that the Lord provides a place for our wee friends in paradise, and in time we will meet them again.

If you think it would help you, please feel free to read my farewell to my Tigger.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Tiggy.

Bruce H

Thanks ever so much for your kind words Bruce. I read your wonderful tribute to Tigger and I am so sorry for your loss of such a lovely cat.
    I thought the tears were easing but they still come.
    It doesn't help that one of my other cats,Suzy,isn't herself at all. She's usually such a happy wee soul but looks miserable and spends most of the day in one room. She is eating okay and will sing when I cuddle her so hoping it is because she is missing Tiggy. They weren't really close but, when he was well, they did chase each other through the house although it usually ended in a fight!
    I am giving her the homeopathic remedy Ignatia as this helps grief and if she doesn't improve soon will need to take her to the Vet.
    Our animal families bring such joy to our lives but when they are ill, or leave us, it is almost impossible to bear.
    Last edited by Liz; 19-Jun-08 at 12:52.

Oh Liz, Liz, Liz - sorry for the loss of your little friend!

It has been scientifcally proven that animals suffer from grief as well. I hope that your little Suzy is ok, she'll definitely be missing him.

I knew a friend who's father was a vet and they had quite a lot of animals. When one died, they used to let all the other animals sniff the body so they knew not to go looking for it later...
    Behold the turtle - he only ever gets anywhere by sticking his neck out...

Thanks. I appreciate that.
    I am sure it must be the loss of Tiggy which is making Suzy so unhappy. I couldn't let her see him before we buried him as she was in hiding. She is a very senstitive and nervous wee soul.
    She didn't grieve for our other cat Rusty but then he didn't really have anything to do with her.
    I have had a few other pets who have grieved and it just breaks your heart.
    I have got a Feliway diffuser as well as the Ignatia and, hopefully, this and lots of love and cuddles will help.

This might sound harsh, and I certainly don't mean it to be at all, but when we had to get a cat put down, the other one was pining and the best thing we did was get a new kitten. There were loads of spits and growls at first but now they are best friends.

Although, as I said, not a solution for everyone...
    Behold the turtle - he only ever gets anywhere by sticking his neck out...

Smile

No it doesn't sound at all harsh and it is something I am seriously considering. The problem is Suzy is so nervous I'm afraid she'll go in hiding if we get a kitten!
    We do have another cat Charly, who she is close to, but he goes out so much she hardly sees him!
    We never actually 'chose' our cats and they all 'came to us' in one way or another so I am hoping this will happen again and then I will know it's meant to be.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345