Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tumour

You should ask the vet their opinion cuddlepop. It will be the same as us humans - dont stop your meds until you've seen the GP.
    That fuciderm cant be very good for her either though, Cara had it for a sore toe and the vet said never to let her lick it off, we used to put it on and go a wee walk to take her mind off licking it.
    I totally understand you not going away, I would be the same !
    Hopefully your vet can help you decide what to do for the best.
    Healing thoughts coming your way. x
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    You should ask the vet their opinion cuddlepop. It will be the same as us humans - dont stop your meds until you've seen the GP.
    That fuciderm cant be very good for her either though, Cara had it for a sore toe and the vet said never to let her lick it off, we used to put it on and go a wee walk to take her mind off licking it.
    I totally understand you not going away, I would be the same !
    Hopefully your vet can help you decide what to do for the best.
    Healing thoughts coming your way. x
    Thanks Carasman,I'm just a big scaredy cat not wanting to take her.
    Mydaughters home from college next weekend so fingers crossed till then.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

I'm a scardey too, I send OH to the vet with Cara if I can.
    Hope your local shop gets cloves in soon, definitely worth a try, the old remedies are, they managed without modern medicine for years so must do some good.

Unhappy

Oh Cuddlepop my heart goes out to you as I know exactly how you are feeling having been there more times than I would have liked. Of course you are not 'rubbing salt in the wound'!! In fact, I have been thinking of you a lot as I know me writing about Tiggy must have upset you.

First of all PLEASE don't stop Connie's meds. I can understand your reasoning but afraid she won't just pass away in her sleep if you do this.

Do you think the tumour is actually itchy or painful? Dogs will actually lick at an area which is painful and not just itchy. If it is itchy then Aloe Vera Gel, kept in the fridge, should cool and heal.If it is painful then your Vet should be able to give some pain relief.

I am sure all of us completely understand you not wanting to leave Connie at this time.
    Only you know when she has had enough butas long as she wants to play football and is eating then, if it was me,I would leave her.

Thinking of you so much and sending healing light to both you and Connie.

You have lots of friends on the org who will help you through this. They have been been such a support to me and will be to you as well.

Lots of love xxx
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thank you both so much your kind words are appreciated.

Managed to get some gloves from a friend today.brewing the concogtion as i type.

If it was sore Liz would she not make some sounds when she was licking it?

I know the wee one goes nuts when a tick is bothering her.

bought some pigs liver for her dinner tonight,must love her as it turns my stomach the smell of it when its cooking.

I know what you are going through cuddlepop, we lost our dog back in january she was 12, to a tumour that had burst and the vet never noticed it. The thing that got me through it was but it took a while, I can now speak about her and not start crying, I thought of the good times that we had with coco and the silly thing that she did. I know its not easy but you make the most of the time that you have left with connie

Your kitchen will smell lovely between the cloves and pig liver!!!

I don't think she would necessarily make any noise whilst licking if it was sore.
    It's just like us rubbing a sore area.

Hopefully, it is just itchy and the concoction will work.

Cuddlepop, my heart goes out to you. Aloe Vera is wonderful for any kind of skin issue and it will cause no harm if pets lick it off. Try to get 100% aloe vera gel, health stores carry it. I have a number of aloe vera plants and I am constantly snipping a piece off for something. Great stuff for humans and pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    Cuddlepop, my heart goes out to you. Aloe Vera is wonderful for any kind of skin issue and it will cause no harm if pets lick it off. Try to get 100% aloe vera gel, health stores carry it. I have a number of aloe vera plants and I am constantly snipping a piece off for something. Great stuff for humans and pets.
    The dog's an alcholic,she is licking of the cider vinegar mix good style.
    Third time down the street, now away to buy aloe vera gel.
    Just as well its all different shops I'm hitting,otherwise they'll think I've flipped.

I thought it was red clover heads not cloves? totally different things. I hope it helps anyway cuddlepop and I hope her suffering is not too bad.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I thought it was red clover heads not cloves? totally different things. I hope it helps anyway cuddlepop and I hope her suffering is not too bad.
    its unbelievable the mistakes i'm making just now.
    Thanks for the reread,will go back out when Oh in to see if we can spot them
    Now is it the flowers that grow amongs the clover that I would call purple?

yes it is cuddlepop some are white and brown and some are purpley red.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    yes it is cuddlepop some are white and brown and some are purpley red.
    Thanks Unicorn will keep my eyes peeled when we're out now.
    Tried to good rep you but i've to spread it about before I can click those scales for you.

glad to help, rep seems odd it goes back to 11th March and your names not there so at least 2 months since you did, but nice thought

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlepop View Post
    its unbelievable the mistakes i'm making just now.
    Thanks for the reread,will go back out when Oh in to see if we can spot them
    Now is it the flowers that grow amongs the clover that I would call purple?
    Quite understandable! My brain is mush just now. Stress and/or grief messes with your mind.

Well spotted Unicorn!

Hope you manage to find red clover as I don't see this as much as I used to?

Gee whiz, I had my glasses on when I read that post and thought it said red cloves !!!! Well spotted Unicorn, lucky it wasn't something bad that it was mistaken for. Cloves are good for toothache so maybe they will help - who knows

Im thinking of you..have you tried a childs t shirt in her tied at the top so she cant lick at her sore bits and eat her medicated cream. It works to stop dogs taking their stitches out and if its snug can make them feel calm.
    good luck. x

Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    Gee whiz, I had my glasses on when I read that post and thought it said red cloves !!!! Well spotted Unicorn, lucky it wasn't something bad that it was mistaken for. Cloves are good for toothache so maybe they will help - who knows
    Its good to see I'm keeping good company then.
    Maybe all pet owners are slightly "wobbly"....wonder if I can get glasses that might help with the old reading skills

came away from the vets in tears today and Connie's still with me,the realisation of whats happening to her is really sinking in now.
    Alan,the vet,made me feel the lump in her nymph node under her front leg today.
    He explained that the skin cancer was growing along her side and attacking the node.It would eventually spread to her lungs and make breathing difficult.Connie was playing football and attacking the hose as we watered the garden,only minutes before.
    How could he be talking about my dog,with the bright loving eyes,big wet nose and shiney coat.

The vet has given me 30 Norocarp tablets that will ease the pain and swelling and I think when that's finished he wont want to give me more.

I will not wake up one morning and find her gone I have to and will be "bullied" into letting her go.

I hate this and wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy.Oh said he'd take her and I'd just come home to find she'd passed away but I dont want that either.
    Last edited by cuddlepop; 07-Jun-08 at 17:27.

Thinking of you and Connie - I'm sure she'll tell you when it's time for her to go, animals seem to know. Glad to hear she's still having fun in the garden.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast