Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lorry Protest

theone, I understand what you are saying too.

I'm afraid my views tend rather to the left of centre so I feel that the focus of taxation needs to be shifted to those who can afford to pay rather than making life even more hellish for those who can barely afford to pay as it is.

If the duty on petro-fuels is eased then sure it's money that is either not available for all the good public works that Madpict would love to see done that I'd agree with or it is money that needs to be found elsewhere.

I feel that there are sectors of the UK that can afford to pay the taxation that would be needed to enable a shift in focus to if not subsidise rising fuel costs then at least offset them a bit. I believe it's a more civilized way way to do things!
    Lives of great men all remind us, we can make our lives sublime, and, departing, leave behind us, footprints on the sands of time.
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by MadPict View Post
    Ty MP for that heads up, sorry for doubting you bekisman
    Last edited by golach; 27-May-08 at 22:09.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Just come on line, Sorry about that Golach - I usually (well almost 99%) put in the link, but see Madpict has beaten me to it (thanks for that MP - appreciated)

Telegraph.co.uk (10/05/2008) on link above

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12