Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Where I work...nice eh?

Default Where I work...nice eh?

This is where I work!

Anonymous Guest

Default Where I work

Looks like my mother's place.

and I suppose this is just the Men's Room?

jjc Guest

You all assume he means the building...

Mike, what's the going rate for sitting on that horse all day?

Aye Mike, from a cheil in Gateshead, hope yur place gets a boost over the next few years

Its the Port of Liverpool building on the Pier Head in Liverpool. One of the famous 3 Graces on the waterfront, I work on the 4th Flr!

I used to live in the north east Green runner, my mother still does! You know Chester-le-Street?

I was surprised Newcastle didn't get it, and relieved when Liverpool did. One thing they're great at hear is whining and moaning! I can only imagine what it would have been like if they had missed out...

Mr Sensitive Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jjc
    Mike, what's the going rate for sitting on that horse all day?
    You beat me to it jjc. I knew it was Mike on the horse. I saw him earlier in the week.

Fine place, Liverpool. Fantastic architecture. I am there with work often. I like the conservative dress sense of the ladies too

But tell me. Why do the chiels wear silly hats and white socks tucked into their trousers? I am going to dress like this when I'm in Wick next week. I'll have lunch in the Yard with some of my scouser friends. See what the bouncer makes of them. They'll have him for breakfast.

Haha, the scally uniform!

Shell suits
    Burberry caps
    trackie bottoms stuffed into socks with hands stuffed down the fron of trousers
    argyle socks
    Reebok trainers
    Henri Lloyd jackets

Dear me

Quote Originally Posted by mike.mckenzie
    Shell suits
    Burberry caps
    argyle socks
    Reebok trainers
    Henri Lloyd jackets
    Thanks for sharing wiht us the contents of your wardrobe Mike hon

Passed through Chester le Street but not know it. Geordies not whining they are still too happy with Sunderland relegation!!!. Seems that was the highlight of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge
    Shell suits
    Burberry caps
    argyle socks
    Reebok trainers
    Henri Lloyd jackets
    Thanks for sharing wiht us the contents of your wardrobe Mike hon
    Nearly as bad as fashion in Wick.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Anonymous Guest

Default shell suits

What is wrong with shell suits. Me and my mates all wear them. They are extremely practical.And are very good for running away from the scene of a crime in. Also when signing on they cover your work clothes up.
    Paddy

jjc Guest

I seem to remember shell suits being banned from Thurso High School's science labs. Something to do with them going up like a candle from a single spark. Trendy AND safe.. excellent

Mr Sensitive Guest

Haha, the scally uniform!

Shell suits
    Burberry caps
    argyle socks
    Reebok trainers
    Henri Lloyd jackets

Dear me
    I was in Liverpool again a fortnight ago. You are right Mike. I got the sock colour wrong before. Its the trainers that are white and the socks are Argyle as you say. Some clowns were wearing jackets with the temperature well into the 80's and the jackets were tucked into the trousers. Some had Everton tops on. No Liverpool tops in sight though. Is that a rule?

I asked a mate who lives there why they don't wear their hats back to front. His answer was

"so they can do this"

He grabbed the front of his hat, took it off, pushed his hair back with his other hand, put his hat back on, and grinned widely.

So now I know.

Haha, it is a stylish population!

Where about did you go in Liverpool? Did you see where I work?!

I dunno about the Liverpool kit thing, I've seen hundreds recently with 7 and Kewell on the back. I'd say its 50 - 50 really, Everton are just as well supported as the reds here.

Anonymous Guest

Default Liverpool

Liverpool have always had a problem since they signed McNannamam. @ 75p a letter they will not buy the shirts. Kewell Yes I will go along with that but why don't they put their own name on? They are all called Bob or Wack or mate.
    Was it Liverpool or Everton who thought they had bought Kanchelskis from the Evil Red Empire only for the deal to fall fallow. 30,000 Scousers whining, "I paid £11.50 for his name on my back and then he went to Chelsea."
    From Paddy, who has just been round Manchester City's new ground, which all you Red supporters have paid for out of you lottery tickets.
    ps Put some more on a 13,846,781 to 1 chance and buy us a midfielder
    pps Put a fiver on City to win the UEFA Cup.
    ppps Before anyone pulls me up on lottery odds I have not got a calculator.
    pppps (49!)(6!)/(43!)

Mr Sensitive Guest

Default Re: Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by paddy
    From Paddy, who has just been round Manchester City's new ground, which all you Red supporters have paid for out of you lottery tickets.
    ps Put some more on a 13,846,781 to 1 chance and buy us a midfielder
    pps Put a fiver on City to win the UEFA Cup.
    ppps Before anyone pulls me up on lottery odds I have not got a calculator.
    pppps (49!)(6!)/(43!)
    But I have one:

1 in (49!)(6!)/(43!) is 1 in 13,983,816 which makes your "guess" a pretty good one.

Put another way, if you buy a ticket every week, then you would have a 50% chance of a win after about a hundred thousand years or so. This is why none of us are rich, but Kev has a new stadium.

Mike, I didn't see where you work on my last trip, but I have been down the docks many times, so I must have seen your building. I was going to tell you where I stayed, but I cant remember the name of the hotel. It's near Lime St Station (no, not the Adelphi).

Ah, that'll be either the Holiday Inn over the road or the tall one whose name escapes me by the taxi rank...

Lord Nelson!