Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Where Will It Be Held?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Where Will It Be Held?

I hope this is held in Caithness and not in Inverness, but the way Councils work who knows?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...ds/7410875.stm
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"

What a waste of time and money. How much is this going to cost the people who so generously donate to HC funds. Sorry, pay council tax. If HC can find the cash to hold a wee party fur Charlie-boy then it's a smack in the mouth to those concerned about education cuts. Does Charles need the freedom anyway? He may be King one day so can go where he damn well likes.

Maybe the .org could start a petition against Charles getting this freedom award.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    What a waste of time and money. How much is this going to cost the people who so generously donate to HC funds. Sorry, pay council tax. If HC can find the cash to hold a wee party fur Charlie-boy then it's a smack in the mouth to those concerned about education cuts. Does Charles need the freedom anyway? He may be King one day so can go where he damn well likes.

Maybe the .org could start a petition against Charles getting this freedom award.
    Don't agree with any of your post. I actually think Charles deserves it for the work he has done in trying to promote local produce and his continued presence and committment to Caithness.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy View Post
    Don't agree with any of your post. I actually think Charles deserves it for the work he has done in trying to promote local produce and his continued presence and committment to Caithness.

He's in a position where his views, whether you agree with them or not, can be heard, and yes, he does promote a sense of community throughout the UK however I wouldn't call it 'work'-after all, what else can he do?

Whether you consider it work or not, he is involved in the promotion of tourism and local produce with the North Highland Initiaive and North Highland Products (Mey Selections), add to that the Princes Trust and the Princes Regeneration Trust and the Princes Foundation - I think he does a pretty good "job".

I suggest you do a bit of research into the breadth and depth of initiatives he is involved in, it may suprise you.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy View Post
    Whether you consider it work or not, he is involved in the promotion of tourism and local produce with the North Highland Initiaive and North Highland Products (Mey Selections), add to that the Princes Trust and the Princes Regeneration Trust and the Princes Foundation - I think he does a pretty good "job".

I suggest you do a bit of research into the breadth and depth of initiatives he is involved in, it may suprise you.

I really don't care what he's involved in, I've heard enough about him and his damn family over the years. The sooner we become a republic the better.

Quote Originally Posted by brokencross View Post
    I hope this is held in Caithness and not in Inverness
    I hope so too. Caithness needs all the good publicity it can get.