Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Where Will It Be Held?

Default Where Will It Be Held?

I hope this is held in Caithness and not in Inverness, but the way Councils work who knows?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...ds/7410875.stm
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"

What a waste of time and money. How much is this going to cost the people who so generously donate to HC funds. Sorry, pay council tax. If HC can find the cash to hold a wee party fur Charlie-boy then it's a smack in the mouth to those concerned about education cuts. Does Charles need the freedom anyway? He may be King one day so can go where he damn well likes.

Maybe the .org could start a petition against Charles getting this freedom award.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    What a waste of time and money. How much is this going to cost the people who so generously donate to HC funds. Sorry, pay council tax. If HC can find the cash to hold a wee party fur Charlie-boy then it's a smack in the mouth to those concerned about education cuts. Does Charles need the freedom anyway? He may be King one day so can go where he damn well likes.

Maybe the .org could start a petition against Charles getting this freedom award.
    Don't agree with any of your post. I actually think Charles deserves it for the work he has done in trying to promote local produce and his continued presence and committment to Caithness.
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy View Post
    Don't agree with any of your post. I actually think Charles deserves it for the work he has done in trying to promote local produce and his continued presence and committment to Caithness.

He's in a position where his views, whether you agree with them or not, can be heard, and yes, he does promote a sense of community throughout the UK however I wouldn't call it 'work'-after all, what else can he do?

Whether you consider it work or not, he is involved in the promotion of tourism and local produce with the North Highland Initiaive and North Highland Products (Mey Selections), add to that the Princes Trust and the Princes Regeneration Trust and the Princes Foundation - I think he does a pretty good "job".

I suggest you do a bit of research into the breadth and depth of initiatives he is involved in, it may suprise you.

Whether you consider it work or not, he is involved in the promotion of tourism and local produce with the North Highland Initiaive and North Highland Products (Mey Selections), add to that the Princes Trust and the Princes Regeneration Trust and the Princes Foundation - I think he does a pretty good "job".

I suggest you do a bit of research into the breadth and depth of initiatives he is involved in, it may suprise you.

I really don't care what he's involved in, I've heard enough about him and his damn family over the years. The sooner we become a republic the better.

So your opinion is based on prejudice. Nice.

So your opinion is based on prejudice. Nice.
    Does that make me wrong or my opinion invalid?

Quote Originally Posted by brokencross View Post
    I hope this is held in Caithness and not in Inverness
    I hope so too. Caithness needs all the good publicity it can get.

Does that make me wrong or my opinion invalid?
    Nobodies opinions are invalid. In my opinion your judgement is tainted by your abhorance of Royalty. There is nothing wrong with being a republican, but your logic for denying the Prince of Wales the Freedom of Caithness is based on not-liking Royalty. The honour being given to him is for the work which he has done in promoting Caithness, work you freely admit to being not interested in researching. So if you are happy in the way you make decisions and judgments fair play – but don’t get upset when others challenge inadequacies in your approach.

I have never heard of the "North Highland Initiative" so his promotion of caithness aint that effective.

And £3.10 for a jar of Marmalade.

Quote Originally Posted by Average View Post
    I have never heard of the "North Highland Initiative" so his promotion of caithness aint that effective.

And £3.10 for a jar of Marmalade.
    I suppose that depends on who the target audience and customers are.

Nobodies opinions are invalid. In my opinion your judgement is tainted by your abhorance of Royalty. There is nothing wrong with being a republican, but your logic for denying the Prince of Wales the Freedom of Caithness is based on not-liking Royalty. The honour being given to him is for the work which he has done in promoting Caithness, work you freely admit to being not interested in researching. So if you are happy in the way you make decisions and judgments fair play – but don’t get upset when others challenge inadequacies in your approach.

Fair comment. As I said in an earlier post, he does do a lot throughout the UK and I do applaud him, especially for his work within the Prince's Trust and promotion of a greener lifstyle-when it wasn't in vogue to do so, and for his various patronage's. I actually like him because he's not afraid to say what he thinks.

Yes, I am an anti-Royalist, I think they are an outdated concept, but my view isn't based so much against Charles needing another award but against Highland Council spending money that could be better spent elsewhere.

From my memory Charles holds the titles of Prince of Wale, Duke of Cornwall, Baron Renfrew and I think Marquis of Rothesay, places he obviously tries to promote along with Caithness.

How many people do you think visit those places just because Charles holds the title? I don't go along with this idea of using public figures to promote tourism within the UK, as much as it is admirable, since most people would rather go and lie on a foreign beach.

Fair comment. As I said in an earlier post, he does do a lot throughout the UK and I do applaud him, especially for his work within the Prince's Trust and promotion of a greener lifstyle-when it wasn't in vogue to do so, and for his various patronage's. I actually like him because he's not afraid to say what he thinks.

Yes, I am an anti-Royalist, I think they are an outdated concept, but my view isn't based so much against Charles needing another award but against Highland Council spending money that could be better spent elsewhere.
    I think that anyone trying to develop a model for runnng a new country or designing a method of government today would not select that of a constitutional monarchy, we have found ourselves in this position, and IMHO it has distinct advantages over many elected systems.

From my memory Charles holds the titles of Prince of Wale, Duke of Cornwall, Baron Renfrew and I think Marquis of Rothesay, places he obviously tries to promote along with Caithness.

How many people do you think visit those places just because Charles holds the title? I don't go along with this idea of using public figures to promote tourism within the UK, as much as it is admirable, since most people would rather go and lie on a foreign beach.
    Most people, dont live in Caithness. Most people dont live in th UK - you are being subjective in your assessment. As stated in an earlier post Most people wont pay 3.10 for a jar of marmalade.........but some will, and the job that he is doing is placing that jar in shops and locations where they can get access to it.

It going to be Held In Wick as that is the County Town Of Caithness i am told by someone in the coucil offices

Most people, dont live in Caithness. Most people dont live in th UK - you are being subjective in your assessment. As stated in an earlier post Most people wont pay 3.10 for a jar of marmalade.........but some will, and the job that he is doing is placing that jar in shops and locations where they can get access to it.

He must be the country's best paid sales rep