Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caithness Fm Toy Appeal

Default Caithness Fm Toy Appeal

Caithness FM are once again running a toy appeal for less fortunate children in Caithness. New, unwrapped toys can be delivered to our studio in Neil Gunn Drive, Thurso any evening between 7-12pm.

This year, toys can also be delivered to the Somerfield stores in both Wick and Thurso or if you'll be in Thurso on 3rd Dec for the fun day why not visit CFM outside McAllans shop and deliver your present in person - every little can make a big difference.

Every toy donated will be distributed to a child in Caithness.

Thank you
    Find CFM on 102.5

nice ,never new about it before hope everyone one who uses the forum will donate ,as i dont like the thought of a child waking up on christmas to find nothing whoever they are ,as i guess you who is reading, didnt when we were young ,

thanks for that pedromcgrory

BT Global Services in Thurso have also agreed to have a box for donations in their office so if any of you work at BT/Manpower you can donate there
    Find CFM on 102.5

Thumbs up

Great to see that CFM are running this again this year!

Can anyone tell me the age groups that are being catered for so that I can buy something appropriate.

Was wondering if perhaps a Woolies Token or some such token would be acceptable for older children?

Best of luck with your appeal!!
    Don Quixote

we take donations for all ages of children, older children are some times forgotten about and a voucher or perhaps toiletries for teenage girls etc would be most welcome

thank you for your interest
    Find CFM on 102.5

Thumbs up

Sorry - me again!!

What is the closing date for your appeal?
    Don Quixote

we'll be collecting in the boxes on 16th Dec so that they can be delivered to the social work department in Wick in time for their staff to distribute them
    Find CFM on 102.5

Smile

Thanks, after all those questions I will make sure that I contribute something.
    Don Quixote

thank you for your interest - every gift helps
    Find CFM on 102.5

... will look for something on Saturday and hand it over to you then!!!!

thanks laguna2 - come and introduce yourself!
    Find CFM on 102.5

Talking

If you are not too busy I certainly will.

I know this is maybe not the correct place to ask this - but why is the reception on MFR during the day so erratic? Sometimes there is a lot of interference.

It is OK at night though when CFM is on.
    Don Quixote

Just to clarify things - MFR and CFM broadcast on the same frequency but using different equipment, their signal is nothing to do with CFM but I can tell you that about two weeks ago their receiver at the mast broke down, as a temporary measure they have put in a replacement receiver however this one is not specifically for that location and has a wider band width and is consequently picking up a lot of interference from other equipment on the mast. Unfortunately their signal will continue to be of poorer quality until they can get the proper receiver repaired/replaced - these machines need to be specially made and it can take time but they do hope it will not be much longer.
    Find CFM on 102.5

just like to say a big thank you to everyone who came and gave toys at the Thurso Fun Day - it was much appreciated
    Find CFM on 102.5

Are there any particular age group /sex that you are short of gifts for?
    evelyn

we are told that teenagers are most likely to be forgotten about so perhaps a gift suitable for teenage boys would be a good idea. thanks for your interest
    Find CFM on 102.5

Thumbs up

This is a great appeal, so worth a discreet bump I feel...
    I donated at BT, there wasn't a lot in the box but there's still time people!

thanks for the reminder to everyone viva dive - we should however point out that the collection box at BT is for employees only, members of the public wishing to donate can visit either the Caithness FM studio or the Somerfield stores in Wick and Thurso
    Find CFM on 102.5

last week of the toy appeal folks and a big thank you to everyone who has already given.

collection points at both Somerfield shops and of course the CFM studio. There is also a box at BT for employees

thanks again
    Find CFM on 102.5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast