Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: There's Something You Dont See Very Often In Wick

Default There's Something You Dont See Very Often In Wick

Well i dont acually remember ever seeing them in wick before, what am i talking about??..Bats, i just saw a couple of bats flying around outside my house, are there many bats around Wick? i thought my ex-wife was the only blood sucking creature around these parts

We lived out at Lyth for a while and there were lots of bats. I always feel really priviledged to see one you are very lucky Gizmo

Believe it or not a bat arrived out here on the oil rig last week(we're between Shetland & Norway) & hung (no pun intended) around up on the drillfloor but we don't know where it is now.Must 'ave come oot in a container or summat.
    Either that or it heard aboot the big payoffs weve been hit with.Its getting a bit lek a haunted hoose oot here these days.I expect Scooby Doo 'll be spotted in the modules next trip!!haha

There are bats around Wick river. Last autumn the Ranger took kids on a Bat walk there. It was a bit unsuccessful as it poured of rain but we were reassured that some had been spotted the night before.
    I'm sure someone from the Ranger service would be able to tell you what kind of bat you saw.
    Evelyn