Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is your favourite Scottish band?

Definitely Deacon Blue, my favourite band of all time. Real Gone Kid is my all time favourite song. I have already suggested Dignity be played at my funeral. Don't know what it is about Ricky Ross's voice, sounds quite hoarse but makes very good use of it.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Some of my favourite Scottish bands, not in any particular order of preference:

JSD Band

Runrig

Stealers Wheel

The Average White Band

Texas

Wet Wet Wet
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

The Skids, Days in Europa album is a classic.
    Loved Nazareth - as a spotty kid in 70`s.
    SAHB - Version of Boston Tea Party on OGWT Superb.
    James King and the Lone Wolves - Guitar pub/blues/rock band from Glasgow early 80`s. Heard their version of "It wasn`t me" on John Peel one night. Never heard it bettered.
    Spike
    Last edited by evelyn; 21-May-08 at 20:02.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    Definitely Deacon Blue, my favourite band of all time. Real Gone Kid is my all time favourite song. I have already suggested Dignity be played at my funeral. Don't know what it is about Ricky Ross's voice, sounds quite hoarse but makes very good use of it.
    Good shout!!!But Lorraine Ross nee McIntosh was a better singer in Deacon Blue than Ricky was.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

In order in terms of bands that folks have heard of: Ossian, The Battlefield Band, Simple Minds, Nik Kershaw (ok he's not really a band I know but his early stuff was really good), Marillion

If you've not heard Ossian but you like folk, do check them out, I think they were that good.
    Lives of great men all remind us, we can make our lives sublime, and, departing, leave behind us, footprints on the sands of time.
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12