Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get Your Game?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Not entirely, but yes, it does feature these things.

Yes. That's why it has an '18' certificate.

Many. Unfortunately. Blame the parent, not the game.

Many.

Nonsense. 18 year olds don't particularly join in too much in your perfect family all-sitting-down-together-for-Sunday-Lunch scenario anyway, and not just because they're too busy playing GTA4.

That's a rather short-sighted viewpoint, if you don't mind me saying. (Even if you do mind me saying - tough. )

have you ever got anything constructive to say apart arguing with everyone looking for the slightest fault to start a argument well here's my viewpoint no one likes you and you have no friends and this is what you get when you always come on and turn completely innocent thread in to so kind of insult to someone............
    "One more round Micky"

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    I find your overt willingness to explain participation in this 'game' as an element of a rounded life quite revealing. Almost as though an explanation is necessary.
    Thats cos it IS part of a rounded life, I think its everything in moderation Percy thats all - if all the Bruce was doing was playing his xbox to the exclusion of everything and everyone else then its not good, if all he was doing was working every hour gods sends with no time for anything else thats not good either... and as you didnt seem to understand why and when people enjoy this game i thought an illustration WAS necessary.

AS for the 18 certificate well I deal with it in a game as I would deal with a film with that certificate too - Im inclined to agree with Bloo - I would look at it and decide whether I thought it was suitable for my 13 year old regardless of which certificate it has. I have allowed my 13 year old to watch some 18 films and yet i have not allowed him to watch some 15 certificate films. He is my child I decide what is and isnt suitable for him and that is based on common sense and compromise

Quote Originally Posted by dandod View Post
    have you ever got anything constructive to say apart arguing with everyone looking for the slightest fault to start a argument well here's my viewpoint no one likes you and you have no friends and this is what you get when you always come on and turn completely innocent thread in to so kind of insult to someone............
    Wow. That's some problem you have. I'd seek some sort of help. Quickly.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Kismet Guest

Thumbs up

I also wonder just how many women would bother with such a game as this.
    I am a woman and a parent I would not let young kids play this but I love it my daughter loves it but she is now a mother herself and her friend stayed up to three o clock in the morning playing it. It is a really really good game lol

Thumbs up

yip i hav to agree not played the new game bt am sure i will luv it as hav played all the other they were great runnin ppl over and pickin up prostitutes was well fun haha also found it good for frustration if i was mad just go on run over a whole lot of ppl tada frustration gone haha
    I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.

Quote Originally Posted by padfoot View Post
    yip i hav to agree not played the new game bt am sure i will luv it as hav played all the other they were great runnin ppl over and pickin up prostitutes was well fun haha also found it good for frustration if i was mad just go on run over a whole lot of ppl tada frustration gone haha
    The way you have presented your thoughts suggests you posess the kind of mentality which might derive joy from such pursuits.
    Having followed the thread it's obvious not everyone who plays this game is semi-literate.

I've noticed a number of advertising posters depicting some kind of Eastern European gangster figure promoting this game & I'm afraid they've done little to deflect my original train of thought.

One day I hope such games are seen as a generational abberation...a blot on the remnants of the 'oil-age' with their designers discredited, and stripped of their assets....electronic leisure pursuits elevated beyond the tawdry and the acquisitive aura of the gutter.

Kismet Guest

Long may they keep catering for everyone in the games market, GTA are good games and am sure don't influence people for the worse are light hearted relief

Perhaps after seeing chewing the fat we will be seeing grand theft thurso released

[quote=percy toboggan;384766]The way you have presented your thoughts suggests you posess the kind of mentality which might derive joy from such pursuits.
    Having followed the thread it's obvious not everyone who plays this game is semi-literate.

why would u think ppl who play the game r semi-literate and i certainly am not i happen to read a whole book a day at the least! and can write perfectly well it is not my problem that u hav difficulty with simple txt speech, just because it may or may not b your type of game the game is still fun u hav missions to do other stuff to do things to collect plus its quite hard u hav to b quite skilled to complete all the missions as sum r very hard and u hav to hav presicion altogether very well made game and i would b considering buyin a xbox 360 just to get the game

and any lack in my education is from picky ppl who bullied me in highschool and even through all that i am very bright, it seems there may be a few bullies on the org too bt im not as young as i was in highschool and its water off a ducks bk
    Last edited by padfoot; 17-May-08 at 12:23.

[quote=padfoot;384997]
    The way you have presented your thoughts suggests you posess the kind of mentality which might derive joy from such pursuits.

why would u think ppl who play the game r semi-literate and i certainly am not i happen to read a whole book a day at the least! and can write perfectly well it is not my problem that u hav difficulty with simple txt speech, just because it may or may not b your type of game the game is still fun u hav missions to do other stuff to do things to collect plus its quite hard u hav to b quite skilled to complete all the missions as sum r very hard and u hav to hav presicion altogether very well made game and i would b considering buyin a xbox 360 just to get the game

and any lack in my education is from picky ppl who bullied me in highschool and even through all that i am very bright, it seems there may be a few bullies on the org too bt im not as young as i was in highschool and its water off a ducks bk
    people.
    you.
    be.
    are.
    have.
    Not so difficult is it?
    'Bully' my backside.
    I'm not as young as I was in high school either.
    Your 'brightness' doesn't show up in your contributions but it might if you took the time to type properly...otherwise some people will judge you as lightweight,and shoddy. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant

[quote=percy toboggan;385063]

people.
    you.
    be.
    are.
    have.
    Not so difficult is it?
    'Bully' my backside.
    I'm not as young as I was in high school either.
    Your 'brightness' doesn't show up in your contributions but it might if you took the time to type properly...otherwise some people will judge you as lightweight,and shoddy. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant
    yeah well sum ppl shouldnt b so judgemental and i wouldnt want to talk to such ppl and i am not gona change my way just for the ppl that r bein judgemental i was tempted to do it wen sumone had the decency to ask nicely bt then u had to cum on and take a pick its not difficult to write those words am just not gona do it to please you or anyone else who decides to take a pick over summit they can read and as far as u gona not read my posts go ahead like i care the ppl who r nice enough to read my posts are the ones worth talkin to who r not judging me just because i like to write this way

anyway this post is about grand theft auto so lets get bk on track and stop cumin off if u hav anythin to say to me use private messages rather than following me around criticising me on the message boards

[quote=padfoot;385080]

....so lets get bk on track and stop cumin off if u hav anythin to say to me use private messages...
    You must be jokin'...M8

Kismet Guest

Default game

[quote=percy toboggan;385535]

You must be jokin'...M8
    cos I think you prefer to make fun of people on threads to try make yourself look big, get a grip of yourself how old are you????? Actually no need to answer to that, not interested you are being a boring old git crossed with a two year old, regardless of your age
    Last edited by Kismet; 18-May-08 at 19:52. Reason: added to

Thread closed, as it's degenerated into an undignified squabble.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12