Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Music Are You Listening To?

The Kaiser Chiefs? You can't seriously like them? Can't stand them!

And don't get me started on Oasis, 'Deffinately Maybe' & 'Morning Glory' we're both great album's but the 5 or so they have released since have be nothing short of crap.

There are much better british bands out there, there's the likes of Muse, Franz Ferdiand, Belle & Sebastian, Radiohead and even possibly Coldplay. And that's just a few band who released relatively recently. Don' listen to Oasis any linger, they're crap!
    Last edited by Blast!; 21-Nov-05 at 16:46.

very good Blast. Musical taste is subjective. what you think good might be crap to someone else.

how about being less critical and keep it friendly huh?

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo
    Sarah Mclachlans angels. Fantastic song!
    never heard of her before, so went on itunes to have a listen and was impressed. downloaded the album. she is a sort of like Faith Hill and she reminds me of someone else, but can't think who?!

thanx for letting me know about her

That probably a good idea man, but you know how it gets....you see a band that annoys you and before you know it, you're ranting away like there's no tomorrow.

Apologies to anyone who actually likes Oasis or the Kaiser Chiefs, haha, still try something different

Not actually a big fan of those other british bands myself, was merely pointing out these other bands whom I find to be better than the two aformentioned ones.

What you listening to these days yourself Jeid? You always seem to be into someone new.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly
    never heard of her before, so went on itunes to have a listen and was impressed. downloaded the album. she is a sort of like Faith Hill and she reminds me of someone else, but can't think who?!

thanx for letting me know about her
    Glad you like her.
    She reminds me a little of Eva Cassidy.
    Another one of sarahs songs is called 'Fall of grace'. Fantastic! It's actually a track I first heard in Buffy as she was leaving sunnydale after killing angel/ I looked for it for ages cos I didn't have a clue what it was called.

Another great artist : Robbie Williams. Brilliant!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

its gotta be some quality british bands like Reuben, Biffy Clyro, Vex Red, Your Codename Is Milo, and of course on the other side of the pond, Green Day, Soundgarden, Billy Talent to name but a few.

Oh dear Loganbiffy, the only one of that little lot I've heard of are Greenday.
    God, I feel really old now!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Oh dear Loganbiffy, the only one of that little lot I've heard of are Greenday.
    God, I feel really old now!
    haha sorry bout that porshie! check some of them out if you can, i highly recommend reuben fantastic energy fused with amazing songwriting!

Today?... Hmmm... Wendy Carlos's score for the movie Tron; The Unusual Suspects (Scotland's unofficial national folk orchestra); and, of course, the greatest live band in the world - The Blues Explosion. I'll save Black Lace for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge
    Today?... Hmmm... Wendy Carlos's score for the movie Tron; The Unusual Suspects (Scotland's unofficial national folk orchestra); and, of course, the greatest live band in the world - The Blues Explosion. I'll save Black Lace for tomorrow.

Again. Huh???? lol.
    Weren't Black lace the ones that did that 'Ride on time' or 'Agadoo'?

Agadoo, and Superman lest ye forget.

Blast! do i know you or something?

loganbiffy is right, Reuben are pretty class. Saw them a couple of years ago in Aberdeen and didn't like them that much, now i do!

As for what I'm listening too... He Is Legend, Bullet For My Valentine, As I Lay Dying, Death Cab For Cutie, Postal Service, Black Dahlia Murder, Thrice, Circa Survive, Killswitch Engage(saw them two weeks ago).... i could be here for a long time!

that'll do for now though

Jeid, how do you decide on what shade of black to wear every day?

I did go to see a band called 'Roachford' once, many years ago.
    One hit wonders I think and weren't that good!

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge
    Jeid, how do you decide on what shade of black to wear every day?
    i prefer red or green actually

What's the old saying: red and green should never be seen. Together at least.

Randy travis.. Glory train

Again. Huh???? lol.
    Weren't Black lace the ones that did that 'Ride on time' or 'Agadoo'?
    I think "Ride on Time" was Black box.
    I'm listening to KT Tunstall at the moment.

love KT Tunstall, didn't at first but she has grown on me, think Natasha Bedingfield is good too, much better than Daniel

Over the past week I have been listening to the following. They are not in any particular order.

1. Split by The Groundhogs. Tony 'T.S.' McPhees finest recording.
    2. The best of The Pogues. Rare, foot tapping music.
    3. Argus by Wishbone Ash. There can only be one Wishbone Ash.
    4. Queen 1 by Queen. Early rock before they went all commercial.
    5. The Yes Album by Yes. Prog rock at its best.
    6. Live '72 by Urian Heep. No frills rock.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast