Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Best Indian in Inverness??

Default Best Indian in Inverness??

Hi going to Inverness for the weekend soon and want to know which is the best Indian restaurant to go to for a meal??

Ta!

The Rajah at the back of the Post Office is absolutely fantastic.
    Their business lunch is well worth a try....great Indian food at a bargain price.
    evelyn

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn
    The Rajah at the back of the Post Office is absolutely fantastic.
    Their business lunch is well worth a try....great Indian food at a bargain price.
    evelyn
    it's fantastic, loads and loads to eat, go see for yourself.

thanks both, we did think it was the Rajah, and have heard differing views on The Cottage and Cinnamon.

Can't wait now - Mustard Seed on Saturday night and Indian on Sunday mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

Awwww......the Mustard seed serves fantastic food too....hope you've booked cos its usually really busy at the weekend.
    evelyn

no I haven't but will do tomorrow, thanks again!

See now i liked the Rajah but i have a friend who is an indian guy and he says their sauces are from tescos. He rates cinnamon and to be honest i had a BEAUTIFUL meal there last time - truly delicious.

I actually dont think you can beat the wee takeaway at smithton - its fabulous

Green herbed chicken yummmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Really!!! I like Tescos sauces but not served in a restaurant, could maybe go there for lunch and then Cinnamon for dinner

I was disappointed the last time I went to cinnamon. Never been disappointed with the Rajah tho.

maybe thats because Tesco make good curry sauce

Thumbs up Cinnamon the best

Well went to inverness and stayed an extra night so went to both Rajah and Cinnamon and in our opinion though both were very good, Cinnamon was the better of the two. also Rajah felt a bit stuffy compared to Cinnamon, waiters were ready to pounce the moment you put down your fork, felt much more relaxed in Cinnamon. Chicken Chasni, really good!

The best Indian by far in the Inverness area is Cafe India in Dingwall.

Rated by British Airways in one inflight magazine I read a couple of years ago as the best Indian restaurant in Scotland.

(I don't know if I'd go that far, but it's definately the best I've been to in the Highlands).
    I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, was in no way fair comment and was motivated purely by malice. I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.