Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Solar Eclipse 2003

Default Solar Eclipse 2003

did anyone see the eclipse in the early hours of this morning ??

I was at Dunnet Head, but it was thick fog. Could hardly see the lighthouse light. Apparently it was the same all the way up to Duncansby Head.
    My 9 year old daughter was at Durness with her mother and they phoned me at 4 to tell me it was a beautiful day up there. They had a fantastic veiw of the eclipse.
    Thats where im going for the next one.

You planning on being around that long Gleeber?

I went from Ackergill to Groats and didn't see anything apart from fog!

It was strange seeing so many people going about at that time in the morning. Just a pity there wasn't anything to see. Still, must've been a great money-spinner for the county.

Was up at 20 past 4... dressed (mind you, I only got in at 3am) and looked out the window - could hardly see down to the water (and I live v close to it!).

I wasn't overly chuffed... but I did get 70 pages of my book read... so it wasn't an all bad experience for me.
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

I got up looked out of the window and saw it was foggy so went back to bed - best place to be i think