Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Amy Winehouse

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Brilliant.

I'll go along with Kate Rusby and Maddy Prior too. Try listening to 'The Miners Hymn' by the Silly Sisters (Maddy Prior and June Tabor)....gets me every time.

Does Amy Winehouse compare to artists like these? Nope. Not even in the same league.
    I reckon Isla St Clair is a better singer than Maddy Prior.

One of my pals has toured with Rusby a lot and he reckons she is just two yards behind Winehouse on the journey to despair and doom. NOT!

She is a great example of someone with talent making the best of it, keeping her self discipline and not letting the 'lifestyle' get hold of her.

Winehouse is just another example of someone blessed with talent throwing it away grand style, whose addiction to the 'lifestyle' prevails over any attempt to preserve and enhance her gift.

The difference between the pair of them is much more than just the music they are involved in.

I hope she pulls through it and finds out there is more to life than cigarettes and alcohol. Oh hang on, she has...crack cocaine! Well let us hope she settles down and starts to value herself enough to survive.

Kate Rusby's a cheerful Yorkshire lass with her feet planted firmly on the ground. Very down to earth and approachable...we saw four of her very intimate gigs just before she was breaking big c.'98/99...I'm talking upstairs in a pub with about forty people in a room not much bigger than our livvy! I think she's married McCusker now and good luck to 'em. The woman is a tonic...and sings like the Barnsley nightingale she is. Chalk and cheese to Whinehouse...who is again photographed in my newspaper this very morning...with Amanda Platell picking up on MY 'monkey' comment....I should get a fee !

Definitely not married to McCusker. Not anymore anyway. With his current profile his girlfriends are skinnier and much more glamorous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Definitely not married to McCusker. Not anymore anyway. With his current profile his girlfriends are skinnier and much more glamorous.
    I withdraw my comments...I thought they'd got married...perhaps she married someone else...I followed her career closely for a year or so, but as she got bigger and bigger, my interest fell away slightly.

Last time I saw her was '00 with a band at Buxton Opera House.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    And with Kate's qualities she doesn't have to settle for a baldy fella with a face like a welder's bench. Anyway, weight can go up as well as down, and I don't remember Ms. Talbot being that skinny. Kate Rusby is far from minging, I definitely would not say, "No, no, no!" to her were I available and she delusional.

Amy is an amazing singer and very sexy looking:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953QO6oQOXc

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    And with Kate's qualities she doesn't have to settle for a baldy fella with a face like a welder's bench. Anyway, weight can go up as well as down, and I don't remember Ms. Talbot being that skinny. Kate Rusby is far from minging, I definitely would not say, "No, no, no!" to her were I available and she delusional.

Granted, but you have to admit his main squeeze is hotter than blowtorched chilli con carne.

Kate Rusby's not bad looking........
    http://www.peterbartonguitars.co.uk/...os/rusby03.jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456