Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse

Default rich

Really, folks, who gives a rat's posterior for Amy?
    I fear that this thread is another of these celebrity fantasies.
    You know, the sort of thing you find displayed at the check-out of your local supermarket.
    I've no real problem with celeb culture except it's not really very funny.
    I remember getting wonderful tabloid papers at supermarket counters in Montreal.
    The stories of course were all made up. One great plot-line would have the readers believe that John F. Kennedy was still alive but paralysed by the assissin's bullet. He was kept alive on a private island owned by Onassis.
    The Kennedy estate is extremely litigacious and so they sued. (I believe the paper was The Midnight Enquirer. There was - I think still is - a French paper called 'ALLO, C'EST LE POLICE!)
    Anyway, to get the Kennedy estate off their backs they got a junior employee and a wheelchair and wheeled them up the Montreal mountain to a gigantic religious tower - St. Joseph's Basilica. They photographed the guy in his wheelchair with his back to the camera, facing the Basilica.
    They went a bit too far as, instead of sending it to their lawyers, they fell in love with their own creativity and published it in their next issue on the front page. Kennedy Lives!
    The Kenned estate redoubled their efforts and the Midnight editorial staff fled to Toronto or points even further afield.
    Maybe it was one of their employees who came up witrh the fantastic New York Daily NeWs headline - HEADLESS BODY FOUND IN TOPLESS BAR.
    But Amy is an awful bore...
    Richard Sutherland

Quite what the above has to do with anything escapes me but...
    Karia: don't feel obliged to comment , or even read every thread if you resent, or dislike duplication.

The second coming: I don't remember your first appearance and frankly, this latest one left me cold.

I'm tired of seeing drug taking crims with little pedigree in the press...on the news...and constantly given chance after chance. Thereby maintaining their profile before the youth of this country, who might not have the maturity to realise these pathetic specimens are emblematic of a failing society.

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    Quite what the above has to do with anything escapes me but...
    Karia: don't feel obliged to comment , or even read every thread if you resent, or dislike duplication.

The second coming: I don't remember your first appearance and frankly, this latest one left me cold.

I'm tired of seeing drug taking crims with little pedigree in the press...on the news...and constantly given chance after chance. Thereby maintaining their profile before the youth of this country, who might not have the maturity to realise these pathetic specimens are emblematic of a failing society.
    I am tired of the subject too percy which is why I was sad that it was raised again..so soon.

It seems to me that the Winehouse/Doherty/Macartney threads serve only one purpose that could equally be dealt with by introducing a 'fight club' thread and inviting those 'up for a quarrel' to argue 'up v's down' black v's white,Delia v's Nigella...you get my drift!

People set up entrenched positions and slag one another off....the actual points in question seem to matter little.

My only regret is that you mentioned an iconic singer/songwriter of world renown, and constituent of the greatest musical collaboration the world has ever seen, or is likely to see...in the same sentence as two loathsome creatures who belong back under their respective stones.

Just my opinion...but it's the only one I've got.

karia Guest

My only regret is that you mentioned an iconic singer/songwriter of world renown, and constituent of the greatest musical collaboration the world has ever seen, or is likely to see...in the same sentence as two loathsome creatures who belong back under their respective stones.

Just my opinion...but it's the only one I've got.
    I meant Heather!

Does that mean you agree with my other point?

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    With the greatest of respect Moira the last thread on this subject finally wound up after 4 pages of sometimes vitriolic comment only just over 2 weeks ago...
    Not quite so, unless you are suggesting that Pete D & Amy W are one and the same person. Personally, I don't care much for either of them.

What I do care about, however, is that the members of this forum (and especially the newbies) feel confident enough to start threads and/or post their opinions here without having it pointed out to them that some of us have seen it all before.

I've been around here for a while and I find it helps when you look upward rather than downward.

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    Not quite so, unless you are suggesting that Pete D & Amy W are one and the same person. Personally, I don't care much for either of them.

What I do care about, however, is that the members of this forum (and especially the newbies) feel confident enough to start threads and/or post their opinions here without having it pointed out to them that some of us have seen it all before.

I've been around here for a while and I find it helps when you look upward rather than downward.

It was Percy Tobbogan that started this thread Moira..by no stretch of the imagination could he be classed as a 'newbie'
    Last edited by karia; 28-Apr-08 at 22:06.

I am perfectly well aware of who the originator of this thread was. I did not suggest that the originator of the thread was a "newbie". You did.

Please don't try to twist my fact into your fiction. If I had meant to refer to any posters here specifically, I would have made sure I could spell their usernames correctly.

Excellent Mr Taboggan, excellent, I'll not bother repeating myself for those of the hard of reading but let you get back to your Heat magazine or whatever insightful journal it is the celebrity sluts stay abreast of to learn of who's doing what and who. I'll remain happy and blissful in my ignorance.
    When the white man discovered this country Indians were running it.
    No taxes, no debt, women did all the work.
    White man thought he could improve on a system like this.
    Old Cherokee Saying

I don't see why something currently in the news should somehow be considered old hat here on the org.

If she is all over today's papers, and she is, then she is worthy of a thread on a public message board, topical as she is.

They can always combine it with any other thread about her.

I like her personally, and I have seen much worse cases survive and lead productive lives. All power to her.

And I wouldn't kick her out of bed, she could stay for breakfast.

I might puke into me cornflakes though, once I caught a sight of her in me spoon.

What ever happened to the old adage

live and let live.
    It's an accident of life to be born a gentleman
    It’s an achievement of life to die a gentleman.

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    I certainly agree with 'live and let live'.......not a sentiment being extended to the likes of Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty by some here on the Org.
    Tried that one Highland laddie ( see above!)... sadly not popular!
    Last edited by karia; 29-Apr-08 at 19:41.

The pictures I've seen of Amy in the papers the past few days haven't been the best.Man,we've all got to get bevvied up once in a while.Pictures say it all,so dis her music,Amy is fantastic music wise.Its like everything ye like or ye don't like.I dig her big style.
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

I've said before this catterwauling dollop looks like a Colombian ladyboy, with a penchant for half-blind tatooists, and black boot polish for make up
    As for 'Heat' magazine...or indeed any other vaccuous celebrity rag I have never had the misfortune to read 'em. Country Life and a 'Place in the Sun' have been my two most recent indulgencies (though they cost me nowt)
    My only reason for starting this thread was extreme irritation at seeing a loser like Winehouse given so much exposure in the press of my choice.

If I bought the Daily Star, or any of the aformentioned celebrity pap then I'd have no cause for complaint.

The lassie can sing.Thats what music is all about.If ye want to see her oot her skull or drunk,buy the papers.If ye want to hear her sing,I have and she's brilliant.

My only reason for starting this thread was extreme irritation at seeing a loser like Winehouse given so much exposure in the press of my choice.
    Sadly Percy I think your correct, but she earned £10 million recently (Allegedly) , so I dont think her over exposure in the Media will cease, I would be gutted if any of my teenage Grandaughters came to me and said they looked up to her and her behaviour.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

The reason ye two"awld guys" don't dig her is because ye hivnae bought her album,ye've judged her through reading the papers.Honestly,have ye listened to her music?
    Last edited by Cedric Farthsbottom III; 29-Apr-08 at 20:11. Reason: i before e except after c

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III View Post
    The reason ye two"awld guys" don't dig her is because ye hivnae bought her album,ye've judged her through reading the papers.Honestly,have ye listened to her music?
    Cedric, thats where your wrong , never assume, I have listened to a few of her "Music" ..."You know I'm no Good" a very appropriate title I may say, did it ever reach the top 10, I dont think so, and I listened to "Rehab" again did that reach the top 10? And I have listened to "Valerie" not sure where that reached in the charts. On that selection I decided her noise was not for me.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Cedric, thats where your wrong , never assume, I have listened to a few of her "Music" ..."You know I'm no Good" a very appropriate title I may say, did it ever reach the top 10, I dont think so, and I listened to "Rehab" again did that reach the top 10? And I have listened to "Valerie" not sure where that reached in the charts. On that selection I decided her noise was not for me.
    Yer groovy Golach.Ye know the hits.Valerie is a better known hit than Rehab.Ye say"I decided her noise was not for me",her noise is for me,are ye right,or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III View Post
    With all due respect Cedric, you would have to have lived in a cave on the moon not to be exposed to some of the Crack Bardess's splurge!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast