Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse

Default Amy Winehouse

I know the Mail love to photograph her in the worst possible light....this woman was on the front page again today looking like, well...I'm not sure really. A contorted , desperate face , obviously upset...and drunk, stoned or both. An ugly divil if I'm honest...looks like a bloke in drag. She is a train wreck and has the look of the living dead about her. It can only be a matter of time.
    Can't it ?

I don't think i've seen a picture of her sober or "straight" yet lol. With Amy its always a case or wrong time wrong place i think
    If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?

Default Amy

I am a fan of her music ,but went off her big time when I saw her on a TV quizz show ,( somthing like Never Mind The Buzz Cocks) and she kept spitting over her shoulder.It is a shame that people with talent seem to hit the self distruct button.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

dont think she is doing herself any favors...but lets hope she will waken up and smell the roses....someday soon i hope....
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    It can only be a matter of time.
    Can't it ?
    We did this discussion to bits and back again here on the Org when Pete Doherty was arrested a few weeks ago and it is boring to be answering the same old arguments time and again..

Matter of time?....... No!

Nothing is inevitable, help exists, people change.

Why so keen to see a negative conclusion to this?

Default Possitive

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    We did this discussion to bits and back again here on the Org when Pete Doherty was arrested a few weeks ago and it is boring to be answering the same old arguments time and again..

Matter of time?....... No!

Nothing is inevitable, help exists, people change.

Why so keen to see a negative conclusion to this?
    Listning to a guy on the radio today and he said ," he would like to sit her down with a nice cup of tea and talk it through with her and hopfully clean her up and she would turn out album after album of brilliant music."
    It was said in such a way that it gave me a warm feeling of optomisam.
    I am sorry karia I do share some of your hopes, but the only possitive thing about Pete Doherty and Amy are there urine samples.

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I am sorry karia I do share some of your hopes, but the only possitive thing about Pete Doherty and Amy are there urine samples.
    Nice quip Kev!

My point here is that I am not being drawn into an argument on this subject when we all just had one a week or two ago.

Give folks time to breath and see what happens..Amy, pete...... and us argumentative orgers.

Not much new has happened to get back into a grand debate about.

Default Respect

Nice quip Kev!

My point here is that I am not being drawn into an argument on this subject when we all just had one a week or two ago.

Give folks time to breath and see what happens..Amy, pete...... and us argumentative orgers.

Not much new has happened to get back into a grand debate about.
    I read most of your posts karia and I would take you to be a careing sort of person and I respect that ,however as that has been pointed out on many different threads we all have a different view of things and as long as we are able to respect each others different points of opinion and dont make it personel then the Org will live on.

karia Guest

Sure will Kev!

Live and let live was the very thing I was suggesting!

Choost don't see the point in having the same old argument time and again and I do believe it was your thread only 3 weeks ago.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=46104&highlight=pete+doherty
    Last edited by karia; 26-Apr-08 at 22:14.

Default Agree

Sure will Kev!

Let and let live was the very thing I was suggesting!

Choost don't see the point in having the same old argument time and again
    The common ground has been found.lol

karia Guest

It is obviously a subject close to your heart!

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...t=pete+doherty

I feel that Amy and Britney have had a lot of bad press of late and to be honest yes they have brought it on themselves, but hey give them a break - who would want to feel they way they do, which is obviously pretty awful...

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    I know the Mail love to photograph her in the worst possible light....this woman was on the front page again today looking like, well...I'm not sure really. A contorted , desperate face , obviously upset...and drunk, stoned or both. An ugly divil if I'm honest...looks like a bloke in drag. She is a train wreck and has the look of the living dead about her. It can only be a matter of time.
    Can't it ?
    Why does it bother you? She is no relation to you, Not your kin, Do you like her music? Do you like her?
    I do, her music is fantastic,Shes got problems & so what??? Mick Jagger isnt perfect, neither is Mccartney but the press leave them alone..............

Amy is 23/24 years old, how would you deal with the pressure she has to deal with if it was on you??
    Cmey e Scorries

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Winehouse View Post
    Why does it bother you? She is no relation to you, Not your kin, Do you like her music? Do you like her?
    I do, her music is fantastic,Shes got problems & so what??? Mick Jagger isnt perfect, neither is Mccartney but the press leave them alone..............

Amy is 23/24 years old, how would you deal with the pressure she has to deal with if it was on you??

What 'pressure' are you talking about?
    I suspect neither you, nor she knows what 'pressure' really is.
    If this kind of pressure was 'on me' I'd clean up my act.. bank the money...flog the awards...and go and live out the rest of my life somewhere quiet. She won't of course because she's a blithering idiot.
    It 'bothers' me because her ugly mug is usually one of the first things I see in my daily newspaper*...plastered all over the front page on Friday.
    No, I don't 'like her' .....she looks like a diseased degenerate if I'm honest.
    As for Jagger and Macca some fish are too big to fry.

This drug addled kipper frankly has a face a dog wouldn't lick and I'm sick of seeing it. She's in the same bracket as Pete Doherty..that shambolic bloke in the black suit. It irks me that some younger folk probably look up to these two as some kind of hero/heroine figure.

*I've taken this up with the management.

karia Guest

Hi Percy,

Would I be right in assuming from your post that you have asked the management of the Daily mail to stop featuring Amy Winehouse on the cover, as the sight of her (and I quote) 'drug addled kipper face' offends you?

Please, please promise me that you will publish their response here on the org!

You could of course..buy a decent paper.

.........My point here is that I am not being drawn into an argument on this subject when we all just had one a week or two ago.
    New members here may not have had their say. Others may not have the opportunity to log on every day. Live and let live is a good philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    ......as that has been pointed out on many different threads we all have a different view of things and as long as we are able to respect each others different points of opinion and dont make it personel then the Org will live on.
    I totally agree Kevin. A little respect goes a long way

Amy wino, such a sad life she leads, what pressure she is under.
    She is so depressed she doesn't know where her next million is coming from, enough to make you snort your septum out of existence.
    Last edited by TBH; 28-Apr-08 at 09:55.

karia Guest

With the greatest of respect Moira the last thread on this subject finally wound up after 4 pages of sometimes vitriolic comment only just over 2 weeks ago..even the newest of newbies would have the chance to contribute and (as the thread in question wasn't locked )could have brought it back into discussion at any point had they something to add.

I certainly agree with 'live and let live'.......not a sentiment being extended to the likes of Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty by some here on the Org.

With the greatest of respect Moira the last thread on this subject finally wound up after 4 pages of sometimes vitriolic comment only just over 2 weeks ago..even the newest of newbies would have the chance to contribute and (as the thread in question wasn't locked )could have brought it back into discussion at any point had they something to add.

I certainly agree with 'live and let live'.......not a sentiment being extended to the likes of Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty by some here on the Org.
    Stuff them, they are just there for our entertainment pleasure, whether through their music or just having a good laugh at their lives in general. On a more dangerous note is the fact that some kids may actually look upon them as some kind of role model. The more they get lambasted in the media, the better our kids will understand that those people are not worth the time of day.

Default reality sucks

If people (the public) didn't spend so much time and interest in individuals such as Winehouse and others (such as above opinionated drivel) then the press would move on and find someone else to vilify.

I dare say she feels stress and pressure, not what I would personally consider stress or pressure but it's all a personal thing so I won't say that she doesn't suffer/experience it, it's just that I don't understand how/what she suffers from.

I don't believe she's a good example but the first sentence covers this. The public/press have said the same about a lot of people, Elvis, Jagger, blah blah blah.

So what if she self destructs or cleans up. I guess I would care if I new her or liked her music but I don't so I just hope the press move on and find some other victim and let her get on with whatever she wants.
    When the white man discovered this country Indians were running it.
    No taxes, no debt, women did all the work.
    White man thought he could improve on a system like this.
    Old Cherokee Saying

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast