Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cricket season in Scotland!

Default Cricket season in Scotland!

So the season begins ....... does Caithness have a cricket team if so where is it? If not maybe the org should form one to play at the most Northerly village in the British mainland! We could invite village teams from around the isles for the privilege! We may get at least a couple of dry days to play...
    Patience is the ability to put up with someone you'd like to put down.

http://sport.caithness.org/group.php?id=37

Caithness Cricket Association, found by a quick search on www.google.co.uk. Really, it's not difficult...

And anyway, where is this 'most northerly village' you speak so condescendingly about?
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Default Thanks for that!

Well done you managed to answer my question and insult me twice..lovely must rush to put something on here again sometime.

Why thank you.

The quality of the answer is surely defined by the quality of the question, no?

there used to be a cricket team in thurso based at the viewfirth playing fields but not seen them there for a while

Smile

your so right...hang on let me just google a minute hold on no I have it yes your right I should just google...yes I've googled and it seems your reply there was condescending but then of course if you'd googled you would have known that already and so your reply was pointless other than to condescend.
    Finally heres the answer you came down from a lofty height to answer my question to remind me of my ignorant condescension.

Really I just wanted a game of cricket and hoped there may be interest here
    I can google anytime ...I thought discussion was what a forum was for....................come back don't google that too!

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless View Post
    Finally heres the answer you came down from a lofty height to answer my question to remind me of my ignorant condescension.
    Yeah, well, classifying Caithness as a 'village' smacks of extreme ignorance to me. Hey ho, shoot me.

Really I just wanted a game of cricket and hoped there may be interest here
    There may well be interest here. But you won't find it by being condescending and aloof when posing your question.

Tell you what, give me a shout when you find a team. I'll happily join you for a wee shottie of 'Rounders-In-A-Straight-Line'.

i did not see anything in mostly harmless post to suggest caithness is a village.instead of picking on people on here,why dont you go and sit in a corner and pick your nose instead.
    "One more round Micky"

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    http://sport.caithness.org/group.php?id=37

Caithness Cricket Association, found by a quick search on www.google.co.uk. Really, it's not difficult...

And anyway, where is this 'most northerly village' you speak so condescendingly about?
    Oh, very well answered indeed. You are really showing your class now. Welcome to the world, would you like to get on?

Dandod, I don't particularly care for your opinion (for that's all it is).
    But I will defend your right to post it, to the death!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Yeah, well, classifying Caithness as a 'village' smacks of extreme ignorance to me. Hey ho, shoot me.

I hate queues, but I could make an exception

Quote Originally Posted by DeHaviLand View Post
    we could be in that queue for quite a while!
    "One more round Micky"

Default Have you had a bad day....

My first question...
    Does Caithness have a cricket team? Simple no hidden agenda, I'll go anywhere to play in Caithness. I don't know if there are teams in say Watten Halkirk or Thrumster or whether its just in towns I don't know [I'm ignorant so I asked a question...]

I've seen no cricket in Caithness so hoped maybe a few orgers would want to play... no..no .no hidden agenda there.

Village cricket is played right across the British Isles, and many will travel anywhere just to say they've played in a certain village [like the most northerly one for example][Scarfskerry or Brough depending on what you read]
    No wasn't saying Caithness was a village no definetely not.

And finally for those that thought I may be mad to suggest it I recognised how much rain we've had this year...

I've lived here 5 years and love it I was not belittling a place you so obviously feel protective towards, yep with my aloof superiority and your condescension
    we'll reach great heights as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by DeHaviLand View Post
    Two attempts at flaming now? Seriously, I thought you were better than that, DH.

Anyway, in accordance with the rules, please stick to the Original Topic.

My first question...
    Does Caithness have a cricket team? Simple no hidden agenda, I'll go anywhere to play in Caithness. I don't know if there are teams in say Watten Halkirk or Thrumster or whether its just in towns I don't know [I'm ignorant so I asked a question...]

I've seen no cricket in Caithness so hoped maybe a few orgers would want to play... no..no .no hidden agenda there.

Village cricket is played right across the British Isles, and many will travel anywhere just to say they've played in a certain village [like the most northerly one for example][Scarfskerry or Brough depending on what you read]

And finally for those that thought I may be mad to suggest it I recognised how much rain we've had this year...

I've lived here 5 years and love it I was not belittling a place you so obviously feel protective towards, yep with my aloof superiority and your condescension

there is no need for you to justify the reason you are asking the question or what you have said because of the comments of one small minded nit picker.good luck hope you get somewhere with it.
    "One more round Micky"

Cricket ... this far north OMG it seems they do lol ok where do they play/practice etc etc and when do they bring out the cucumber sandwiches
    If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?

My first question...
    And the answer is 'yes', as I stated. Mind you, I don't know how active they are these days. Numbers were quite short the last time I was aware.

Seriously, even though I'm past my best athletic years, I'd like to have a go. I reckon I'd be able to at least defend a wicket.

OK, fair enough explanation, but surely you can see my angst at your classification of Caithness as no more than a village?

LOL! I can't see how that wouldn't work!!

Smile

One of the last matches I played was in Cornwall it was blowing a gale and the temperature was close to zero, when the ball hit your hands it felt like your fingers would snap off. However cucumber sandwiches were served... .with soup..very hot soup!

Quote Originally Posted by the_count View Post
    Cricket ... this far north OMG it seems they do lol ok where do they play/practice etc etc and when do they bring out the cucumber sandwiches
    There are more amateur Cricket Clubs in Scotland (per head of population) than there are in England.

*waits for the usual accusatory responses*

Smile More clubs in Scotland

Excellent, that brings us sweetly back to my original question.
    So I have recruited one past their athletic best person, who would like to play anyone else? Please let it be easier!
    Last edited by mostlyharmless; 26-Apr-08 at 00:54.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast