Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cancer Research UK Relay For Life Caithness

Smile County Show

Hi All

Just to let you know that the relay for life will be having a stall at the County Show in Thurso, we will be selling Candle of Hope bags, and committee members will be manning the stall so caome along and see us and if you have any questions we'll be glad to help.

We'll be in a blue tent close to the flower tent.

Hope to see a few of you

Just to let you all know there will be a car boot sale in the Castletown Drill Hall, on Sunday 27th July, between 2pm and 4pm.

Tables are £6, If you require a table pm me or txt me on 07875 601552

We hope to have stalls with lots of bargains. Along with tombola, baking stall, teas, Kids stall & face painting.

Friends Team are raising money for Relay for Life, Cancer Research Uk.

Hope you can make it!

Default hello!

hey there! i'm heading up from aberdeen to do the relay,supposed to go as a survivour and a team member, i'm heading up till thurso on the sat cuz i'm working, what time do i need till be there?
    I'm here for a good time, not a long time!

Thumbs up Fundraising

Hi there

If anyone is looking for a fundraising opportunity, check out www.likisma.org/vitality - you can have a party where 10% of all sales are donated to your charity - Likisma also offer a £50 basket of products that you can raffle off. If anyone is interested, contact me through caithness.org or on the link above

Quote Originally Posted by peedie View Post
    hey there! i'm heading up from aberdeen to do the relay,supposed to go as a survivour and a team member, i'm heading up till thurso on the sat cuz i'm working, what time do i need till be there?
    Hi

The opening cermoney is at 6pm but as a survivor/team member you'll be required to register beforehand, so if you come an hour or so before hand to get registered and your tent setup.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by diddi View Post
    Hi All

Just to let you know that the relay for life will be having a stall at the County Show in Thurso, we will be selling Candle of Hope bags, and committee members will be manning the stall so caome along and see us and if you have any questions we'll be glad to help.

We'll be in a blue tent close to the flower tent.

Hope to see a few of you

Hi folks
    we had the tent set up on friday night, but unfortunately it blew over through the night and we had to pack it up.

but no fear we shall be at the Halkirk Games next saturday.

Smile Teams

Just to let you know that we now have over 50 teams registered for the relay, its going to be a fun night!!!!

Default Quick update

Hi all

We've been quiet for a while but we're still here!

There's now only 3 weeks to go and things are hotting up. There will be 1 more team captain meeting before the Relay where you'll get lots of information and hopefully we can answer all those niggling questions.

Remember to bring any sold candle bags along to the meeting, or pop them into the Cancer Research shop in Thurso, or give them to any of the committee. We need to get this in before the Relay please as there will be quite a lot to do!

See you all soon.

When is the next Team Captain Meeting? I haven't read the past few local papers so not sure when it is.

Cheers Guys....

Smile Team Captains meeting

Hi folks

the next and final team captains meeting is on thursday 14th August at 7.30pm in Watten Hall, we where aware that the last one wasn't great, but rest assured this one is going to be better, as we have a lot of information to pass out. Theres not long now till the event so it is esential that has many captains come along, if the captain can't make it then a team member should come along.

Hope to see you all on Thursday night

Default Team Captains meeting

Just a quick message to say that you will be able to have a cup of tea or coffee at the meeting. So please come along. We have lots of information to tell you and we want you to know whats happening at the event. We will be able to answer all your questions. Please remember that this will be cut off point for team names to be included in the official programme, so if you have not yet registered please do so at this meeting. If any teams have any photos of their fundraining events I would appreciate if you could email them to me for possible inclusion in the programme. Please PM me for email address. Thanks

Default Photos

Come on guys don't be shy with the team photos. I really need them soon. Cheers
    See you at the team captains meeting on Thursday 14th in Watten Hall.

Default Meeting tonight

Rememeber the Team Captains meeting tonight. This will be a good meeting and our last chance to answer all your questions on a face to face basis. Please come along, we have lots to tell you all.

Hello all

Well only 2 WEEKS TO GO!

To the teams out there, you're all doing brilliantly, looking forward to seeing you all on the night. There's going to be some crowd!

Everyone is welcome to come down on the night and support the teams and the survivors. There will be lots going on. Live music, various stalls, food, pipe band, Caithness FM. Lots of lovely things to spend your money on.

You can even just come down to heckle the Committee (but it might cost you! ).

It all kicks off at 6pm but the Caithness Big Band will be playing from 4pm to get the teams dancing while putting up their tents.

So put the date in your diary....TOGETHER WE WILL BEAT CANCER!

Smile Update

ONLY 1 WEEK TO GO!

We can't believe the response to this event. There are now 59 teams registered and almost 90 survivors, absolutely amazing.

Remember that this is an event everyone can join in with. If you're not part of a team or a survivor, pop down to support those who are. Don't forget your pennies though cos there will be plenty of opportunities to part with them.

Come and listen to the live music....Saxifer are on around 7.30pm and a young local band The Chikn Pickers are on around 10pm. Thurso Pipe Band will be there along with Caithness FM.

Watch the spectacle of the balloon race at 9pm, 1000 balloons being released.

Reflect with us at the Candle of Hope ceremony as darkness falls at 9.30pm. Bags are still available from committee members or the Cancer Research UK shop in Thurso. These need to be handed back by Friday if at all possible.

There's going to be lots of fun to be had, bring the kids, your parents, anyone you can find. It's going to be a great night.

See you all Saturday!

Default Programme of Events

CAITHNESS’s 1st Relay for Life
    PROGRAMME of EVENTS
    Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st August 2008
    4.00pm :- Caithness Big Band - To get everyone Jazzed up and in the mood
    5.30pm :- Gentle and fun warm up with Kate Stewart
    6.00pm :- Opening Ceremony
    Guest Speaker Anne Dunnett, Lord-Lieutenant of Caithness
    Cutting of Ribbon followed by Announcement of Survivors
    Survivors’ Lap of Honour with members of Thurso Pipe Band
    Followed by Survivors’ Reception – Sponsored by Aurora
    6.30pm : En Mass Lap with Introduction of all teams
    4.00pm - 9.15pm Team Fundraising – lots of fun, Kids Games, Baking, Plants,
    Books, Face Painting, Raffles, Balloons, Sumo Wrestling, Stalks,
    Tombola, Catering & Refreshments, Lucky Dips, Spit Roast and
    much more.
    6.30pm– 11pm Music from Local Bands, Thurso Pipe Band & Caithness FM
    8.00pm :- Talk - What the money raised is used for by Gillian Smith, Scientist at
    Ninewells Hospital, Dundee (20 minutes) to be held in Survivors Tent.
    9.00pm :- Balloon Race – release of 1000 Helium filled balloons
    9.30pm :- Candles of Hope Ceremony – Lap of Reflection, Introduction, Poem
    A Minute Silence followed by Lone Piper and Flare to be let off
    10.00pm :- Conga Lap
    11.00pm - 5.30am :- Team Entertainment and games, Pyjama Lap, Awareness Lap
    5.30am :- Presentation of Certificates
    5.45am :- All Teams on the Track – Countdown to Finish
    6.00am :- Closing Ceremony – Motivational talk with statistics.
    Music – Heather Small “What have you done today to make
    you feel proud”

Please note: The times and events listed are subject to change.

TOGETHER WE WILL BEAT CANCER

Talking Massage and Reiki

Alternative Vitality will be there too offering back massages and reiki to help keep you going through the night - all donations will go to Cancer Research Relay for Life! Look forward to seeing you all there

Default Relay for Life

Can I book one now. Sounds great.

Default Live Music

There will be live music by Caithness Big Band, Saxifer, Thurso Pipe Band and Chikn Pickers.
    Music and chat from Caithness FM. Hope to see you all there. Come along and support the teams and the survivors.

im in a team for it on sat night and my father in law who hasnt shaved his beard in nearly 15years is shaving his off down there on the night to try and raise some more money so please everyone come down... its for an ace cause
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast