Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Music in the Silver Darlings, should be good!

Default Music in the Silver Darlings, should be good!

I read in the John'o'Groat journal (newspaper) that JOOST who is a singer and songwriter from the Netherlands will be playing in the Silver Darlings in Wick on the 26th April 2008 at 9pm. That will be good as i have heard plenty about him. One of his video's on Youtube.com is pretty good (link below). I will be booking a table to make sure I get a good view!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eis2Hd1f3Y&feature=related

On the John'o'Groat Journal web page, it says Keith Morrison with the band Face the West will be playing in the Silver on the 24th May 2008. Gaelic/Celtic rock band from the Western Isles. That should be good also as i heard their music on MySpace.com which is brilliant, just my kind of music! I am booking a table for that as well. Face the West link below
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=778 95535
    If you like Wolfstone or Runrig, you will love this band. Let me know if you liked the link for Face the West.
    Last edited by bb1stwick; 18-Apr-08 at 18:05. Reason: Face the West is a gaelic/Celtic Rock band

"Face the West" link doesn't work for me.......

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bb1stwick View Post
    I read in the John'o'Groat journal (newspaper) that JOOST who is a singer and songwriter from the Netherlands will be playing in the Silver Darlings in Wick on the 26th April 2008 at 9pm. That will be good as i have heard plenty about him. One of his video's on Youtube.com is pretty good (link below). I will be booking a table to make sure I get a good view!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eis2Hd1f3Y&feature=related

On the John'o'Groat Journal web page, it says Keith Morrison with the band Face the West will be playing in the Waterfront on the 24th May 2008. Gaelic/Celtic rock band from the Western Isles. That should be good also as i heard their music on MySpace.com which is brilliant, just my kind of music! I am booking a table for that as well. Face the West link below
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=778 95535
    If you like Wolfstone or Runrig, you will love this band. Let me know if you liked the link for Face the West.
    E 1st dirdy Week Company

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Joost is also in the newmarket on the 25th & the Grove on the 27th

solo acoustic player with a laid back vibe.....havn't heard the guy in years. Will hopefully go & have a gander in the grove

He does a mean version of sailin' shoes form Little Feat.

If memory serves me well he played the band change overs at the last edge of the world

Seen Face the West last year in Durness. The guy is a great singer.

would he have been in ere a few fridays ago?!

i wis a bit worse for wear but i mind there bein a solo guitarist in there maybe two wks ago and he wisna half bad
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    Joost is also in the newmarket on the 25th
    Caught a glimpse of him last night. I'm not really into music, but he seemed not too bad. The pub was pretty quiet compared to others we were in though.

I thought he fancied himself as a bit of a stand up comedian and was grateful when his mic stopped working briefly

Watched the clip and he sounds good. If hes in Wick i might make the effort and go see him in action
    If its profound what was the name of the golfer and what did he find?

Face the West will be playing in Thurso on Sun 25th May! Looking forward to it already.Dounreay is on holiday on the Mon so hopefully the boys will get a crowd.