Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: american wigeon and a few others

Default american wigeon and a few others

just a few shots of the ducks from the last month seen on the wick river

and the g/f insisted i put this one in ... she had the camera at the time lol

Great picture of the Golden Eye, I managed a couple of pictures also at Wick but my hands were nearly frozen to the camera!

i know what ya mean Lizzie my hands where frozen today with the wind blowing in from the sea. The walls of the quarry just before the last house is a perfect vantage point for the fulmars there but the windchill must have been ten below zero lol.

Almost forgot lol sorry its such lousy quality but thats all i had to work with photographically so to speak. The only descent shot i got of that white wagtail?

Think that's a Grey Wagtail.did it have a yellow breast?

Noo lol it was an all plack white and grey bird but i can see where you are coming from it looked like a very light pied wagtail with a grey back, the nearest i can put it too is the white wagtail although that picture doesn't do it justice.

In winter The Pied Wagtail ,male, has a white chest and white face with a narrow collar or grey/black and a greyish back it can be quite striking.

Default Male Pied Wagtail, winter plumage

This is about the best picture I could come up with, there is a sub species that the Americans refer to as The White Wagtail but from what I gather that is migratory and would not be present at this time of year.